Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

I am so delighted with the Louisiana duets I have tried so far. This one - and this is going to sound strange, but I mean this in the best possible way - smells like cucumber melon and sawdust! Not the sweetest "cucumber melon" fragrances of yore, but like an actual cucumber melon - light, crisp, faintly sweet, very refreshing tiny cucumber melons. It's really powerful to start. It rises above everything else when I open the lid to my box of things to test. Beckoning. :) With lingering woody sawdust, almost sandalwood, but more like balsa wood. Like a craft table.

I have been wearing this to bed pretty much every night since it arrived. For me, it is the PERFECT late-summer-with-the-windows-open-turning-to-fall--humidity smell. I shower at night, and this is excellent for feeling fresh and calm and cared for. I adore it. Very unique in my experience.

I am not familiar with coral bean at all, but I have tried the BPTP Phlox SN bath oil, so I am familiar with phlox, although I'm not sure if this is the same variety.

In the decant, I smell a sweetness and a bit of dustiness, but it doesn't smell like dust, if that makes sense? On me, it quickly becomes a screeching powder bomb. It doesn't smell like I fell in a vat of baby powder like with orris, but it is powderiness on a whole other level that I haven't experienced in quite some time. And it is STRONG. I guess coral bean and I are not friends?

This smells like cucumber, as groovyrooby mentioned. It’s super green and garden-y. There’s a waxiness though as well, that I can’t really describe but it. A waxy floral I guess. I’m not familiar with coral bean or phlox in real life, so I’m not sure what I am smelling. And I’m not sure yet if I want to keep or swap it. I think I’ll hang onto it and see if it grows on me.

I got a mainly salty aquatic with a floral phlox note, and a hint of pepper? This was definitely an aquatic floral though. Medium throw and wear length.

This smells like a fresh bag of clay, earthy and mineralic, a little dusty, I think this is the scent of the bean. The phlox is a light sweet floral that sits in the backseat. 

The watery, green, cool scent of freshly sliced cucumbers and something powdery, sweet, and a little plasticy.  The sweetness mixed with that cucumbery scent unfortunately makes my brain think of rotting cucumbers and I don't like the plasticy and powdery edges.