Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Seajewel

Vanilla Wafers and Peach Cream

Blind buy and not very rested but still slathering myself in it anyway. 🤣

Immediately sniffing in the bottle my first thought is that this is for peaches what Eat Me is for blackcurrant. Sure, it's missing that cake note and the buttery richness because instead, you're subbing in a drier crumbly cookie wafer but this is LOVELY. The peach is prominent. To me, it isn't syrupy or candy-like. Pretty much a fresh peach scent. The vanilla and wafer part of it are RIGHT behind the peach and definitely notable. I remember Tom's video review mentioning a chilled peach mousse-like dessert and I totally do get that. It's as though someone blended up some vanilla pudding with chopped-up bits of fresh peaches and sprinkled the top with wafer cookies.

As a lover of gourmand scents, this settles nicely in there. It's not too cloying like a thick, rich cake... instead fresh and quite sweet. Perfect for late spring and early summer (though I'd wear it year-round because ...why not. 😅)

Wet: Oh man. The more I smell this, the more I like it. Lots of sweet peach and vanilla cream. I'm getting a slight pastry-ish note that must be the "wafer", but it's not very strong. I keep going back and huffing it, because so far it's THAT good. YUM.

Dry: It might be be too soon.. but.. I.. love.. this? The peach is more syrupy and still plenty sweet, backed up by that vanilla cream. The pastry note is maybe more cake-ish now? I can't figure out what I really think about it other than "pastry!"

Overall, this scent is totally up my alley. Really stoked about this.

I ordered this based on the video review Tom did. I normally don't do foodie, but figured I'd try it.

wet: very much Nilla wafers and some fruity creaminess.

Few minutes: the cookie smell doesn't dry particularly foodie on me, and the peach is stepping up a bit.

Hour+ pretty light, wouldn't call it foodie at all, pretty vanilla peach that's light and not too sweet. 

Pretty-pretty springtime peach, sugar-syrupy rather than raw, poured over vanilla wafer cookies and sweet cream. 

The peach in this one is pretty and playful like youth, like a spring-print dress twirling in the sunshine. The vanilla cookie part smells specifically like vanilla wafers. (It took several days of rest for the vanilla cookie note to lean so wafer-specific, and also to blend well with the peach. )

This is a very sweet blend. It's certainly gourmand, but... I think on the Grand Scale of Foodiness, this is less foodie to me than something like Banana Bread or Oatmeal and Apple Spice Cookies. In case that helps anyone...

Glad I took a chance with this beauty.

I’m finding this peach to be way overripe, and I’m hoping it settles down over time. :confused:

eta update - This has been a total non-starter on my skin. I can slather it but POOF. Gone. Luckily the peach settled down and it’s not that past-its-freshness smell I got at first, and when I tried this in a scent locket the initial scent burst was that same divine crusty sugar I get from my beloved Gollettes, but even in a locket it didn’t last. I’m wondering if I am somehow noseblind (or brainblind?) to this blend, so my next step is to make others start smelling me… How awkward…

Edited by Leopard403

Incredibly sweet, the peach is syrup candy sweet, and even though it smells so cakey- like eat me in the bottle on the skin it immediately disappears or that peach just beats the wafer into submission and it’s left as just a super tooth achingly sweet candy peach smell, it reminds me of a slightly more expensive fruit hair shampoo you’d find in a grocery store not the cheap ones the higher priced ones that are more prominently placed on the shelves with a poster of a gorgeous actress with flowing shiny locks 

Mannnnn. This is just dynamite!!! This is heavier on the creamy peach (not by much) and the vanilla wafers keep it sweet and light. It really is a lovely blend without being foody at all. 

Something baked or bready in the bottle and on the wrist, but I can almost smell the peach cream being poured on as it settles on my skin. The peach advances as the baked note starts to recede slightly, but then they balance.

The “peach cream” note is not as nice as the “pure peach” note from Peach and Sugared Orange Slices, and the bready/baked goods note, while I usually like it on its own, is not working well in tandem with the peach cream. The bready note does start to vanish as the whole thing dries. After about 15 minutes it does become the lovely pure peach note.

After two hours I can just barely smell it if I put my wrist right up to my nose. *sob*

This smells very different when I first put it on vs after it sits a bit. At first, it's very peach with some darker tone that I cant really identify. It starts off much more gourmand.

Then that candy peach smell is still there but it's not syrupy or sticky, so the cream part must be coming through. This doesnt actually read as overly gourmand or foodie to me once it dries down. Perhaps it's just because I expected it to be a little over the top in that direction. The vanilla wafers are adding a foundation of warm, thick, only slightly vanilla toastiness.

Edited by deadlyves

I love this one! It's gourmand on me but I really amp gourmand so that's no surprise.

A juicy bite of fresh peach with buttery vanilla cookies (can't really place them as specifically vanilla wafers). This peach isn't candy sweet or fragrant on me like the doggy peaches one and mixes well with deep, dark gourmands like smoked vanilla and caramels. 

This smells like vanilla wafers and peaches, and then dries down to a vanilla peach skin on me. Medium throw and wear length.

The juiciest, ripest, sweetest peach with vanilla cream and a slight buttery wafer vibe. This peach note is so fresh, so realistic! Impossible not to feel bright and cheerful while wearing this one. So happy to have snagged a bottle!

It actually resembles peach ice cream on a waffle cone to me! The thick peachy syrup is very sweet, and this is what I wish the peach smelled like in Peach Brandy Snake Oil. The throw is a little low on the skin, and this isn't super duper foodie to me. The wafer note calms down a little and smells close to like if I made banana pudding but used peach slices instead.

I enjoyed this, was not expecting it to resemble ice cream at all but I'm loving it regardless.

For those of us with the misfortune of delicious foodie smells coming off as burnt plastic, this one sadly did it, too. Already smells toasty in the decant. The peach didn't last long on me before the nutty/toasty took over. Gives it a snuffed out candle effect on me. Had a feeling this would happen, but had to give it a try, I love the concept so much. 😢

Yum! This smells like a peach mochi. It's cool and fluffy with a crisp, vanilla wafer note. I first got more of the wafer but as it dries, it settles into more of a ripe peach note with whipped cream instead of a peach cream.

In the bottle: Syrupy peaches and sweet vanilla.

Wet: Like vanilla peach trifle and something weird, maybe bitter? I've tasted this smell before and it is not delightful. 

Dry: I'm still getting the vanilla peach trifle scent as well as that undertone of bitterness. It's nice enough that I'm willing to deal with the undertone. It's a wonderful scent and I wish that the discordant note wasn't there. 

Ultimately, this fades after an hour or so. I still like it and I enjoy sniffing my bottle too much to pass it on. Hopefully, some aging will increase its lifespan on my skin.

A powdery, tart peach, especially at first, like a peach flavored sweet tarts candy, but it does have a syrupy, carnal edge to it as well, like a dribble of overripe peach juice.  There is a note that does smell oddly like flaky vanilla wafers at first, but I'm not sure that I'd ever actually pick out that impression on my own.  I think I only search for the wafers because of the title.  It's definitely more of a powdery, tart, peach candy, and the drydown smells like a peach & vanilla body spray scent that I would have picked up from Wal-Mart as a preteen.  It has a perfumey, artificial quality to it and a powdered sugary vanilla.  That weird bit of nostalgia and innocence is actually kind of charming to me.

Sticks rather close to the skin and doesn't make it a full two hours.