Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Seajewel

This is a Perfume About My Dog Eating Peaches

Don’t worry: she spits out the pits.

Toasted cream, marshmallow, vanilla bean, and sun-warmed peaches.

Edited by Seajewel

Three minute hot-out-of-the-mailbox review:

SUGAR.  All sugar upfront.  My teeth actually hurt.  I smell like some kind of carnival food (like a churro) with some peach hiding in the background.

This is a vat of peach preserves in the making. Dark, gooey peach made shiny and caramel-colored with piles of sugar. 

There is a perfume-edge to this, which could be an animal musk, maybe? Or might just be a tart edge from the peach…

For the first time ever, I wish I hadn’t watched Tom & Galen’s review; it made me expect baked goods where there are none. 

This has rested two full days. Maybe those cream, marshmallow, and vanilla notes will emerge with more time, she types hopefully?? I blind-bottled TWO bottles based on those notes and the T&G review, and I would dearly love to love them. 

WOW this one is so much brighter than the Snake Oil Peach Brandy. It's the peaches you canned in summer being opened in the dead of winter so you can make a dessert that reminds you of sunshine. PS if it mixes with Snake Oil it's still pretty darn bright and sweet and good.

This smells… almost like black licorice on me. It’s much, much more - dark caramel colored smelling than I expected. I smell peach, but the peaches smell boozy, and I kind of understand the comparison I saw someone make of it being similar to Ghost Milk, which was sadly a tragedy on my skin. 😭 I do not smell marshmallow, or vanilla, sadly. The toasted cream and peach are certainly dominating on my skin. 

Ahhh.  At first I was afraid, I was petrified!  

Smelled like peachy lady bits upon immediate application.  Like, I seriously got hoo-hoo vibes for a minute...the caveat being that the majority of peach scents usually remind me of the pink taco, so make of that what you will.  Thankfully, the opening phase morphed quickly. 

As things began to settle, I was reminded of Bartles & Jaymes Peach Wine Coolers.  Yes, I am that old, and B&J Peach was my jam back in the day, so now I am totally down for this ride.

BUT... around the three hour mark, I realized that I was being intoxicated by the decadent scent of syrupy, boozy peaches, swimming in a bowl of slowly melting vanilla bean ice cream.  Peach wine ice cream.  Is that a thing?  If it is, I WANT IT.  

Now it's unbaked Peach Cobbler.  Anyone ever make that easy Bisquick Peach Cobbler?  The one with Bisquick, milk, sugar, and vanilla extract poured over melted butter, with cans of sliced peaches in heavy syrup dumped over the top?  That's what this smells like, right before it goes into the oven.  God, this is so good!

Longevity and throw are amazing.  I am at the seven hour mark, and it's still going strong.  Oof!

I am smitten by a perfume about a doggo eating peaches.  Thanks Matilda!

In the bottle I get floral fresh peaches, right off the tree and lots of sweetness. On the body I'm amping that peach note but getting much more sugary creamy marshmallows. After dry down/wearing for a bit it settles in to creamy vanilla with a hit of sweet peaches. Very little throw but long lasting as most of the labs creamy vanilla scents are on me. 

Wet: Peach flavored marshmallow.

Dry: Oooo, okay. This is more like toasted marshmallows, with extra vanilla, and peaches. (Not really like a fresh peach, but not canned peaches either; somewhere in between. Maybe a peach that's been cut up and sitting in the fridge for a day or two?) The toasted marshmallow + vanilla scent is stronger than the peach on me.

Another winner!

Thoughts before testing: Peach is one of my forever love notes, best encapsulated in the discontinued Josie (honeyed peaches and magnolia) from The District. Marshmallow, vanilla, and cream are also big winners for me. It's like I wrote out this list note to create my perfect perfume.

Wet: This is a dead ringer for the Yankee Candles Peaches and Cream. It's kind of artificial and cloying at the wet stage, despite smelling like something I want to eat out of the bottle. 

Dry down: The cream and marshmallow come more to the forefront and start to smooth out that artificial peach candle smell. At this stage, it's like taking a homemade marshmallow and drenching it in peach syrup. 

Dry: After around 2 hours, the vanilla and toasted cream really take over and turn this from "eh" to pure love. It's like homemade canned peaches got wrapped up in a slightly toasted marshmallow and then drenched in vanilla.

Verdict: I've been out of Josie for almost a year now and have been looking for a peach to take it's place. This definitely fills the space and surprisingly I prefer this to the honey-overdose that Josie has. The vanilla/cream/marshmallow works better for me than sticky honey, especially given the hot climate I live in. Love this to pieces. 

I am really surprised to say that this is my favorite of this year’s peach offerings because it is the least PEACH!!!!!!1!! and rather actually the most complex peachy blend on my skin. (I’m glad to be having a different experience than other reviewers in that way, but I also feel badly about that because the experience I get from this scent is A. MAZ. ING.)

The peach is ripe and fresh, not like I sliced it but like I plucked it, sun-warmed, from a tree and used my fingernails to crack it open; the smell is the juice on my skin as it dribbles down my arms. I don’t get the usual marshmallow note, which usually helps a blend seem childlike and ephemeral; it must be grounded in that vanilla bean, which smells freshly scraped along the side of a blade. As for that toasted cream, I’m pretty sure that’s the most emotionally evocative part for me: I smell a hint of something slightly nutty and slightly fuzzy, almost if there are scents of Matilda herself in this blend because there is something here that smells like my cat’s summer-sweaty Frito feet. :evol:

Gods I need more..

Odd, but this is a little bit like how I thought Peach Brandy Snake Oil WOULD smell.  Really a combo of peach cobbler, peaches in syrup, peach blossom, and peach pulp with sweet cream and vanilla ice cream on it...

I love this so much! It's comforting and delicious. It smells quite peachy on me, starting out bright and mellowing into a creamier, sweeter peach as it dries. It also lasts a fairly long time for me, though it's very close to the skin I could still smell it hours later. Beautiful. I'm so glad I chose this one!

Oh my laawwwwd. Imagine syrupy peaches drizzled with coconut laced vanilla cream and topped with yummy marshmallows. This is PHENOMENAL. 

Ooh, this is nice! It goes on as a blast of sugared syrupy peaches - in a nice way, juicy and sweet - and then the marshmallow and vanilla bean start to come out, and it becomes a creamy, sweet, peach-laden dessert, like a big scoop of vanilla bean ice cream (the good kind) over a heap of fresh peach slices. Mmm.

Awesome Husband: "...sugary...fruit...and something toasted?"

me: "...marshmallow?"

him: "YES."

Peach, vanilla, and “baked goods” in the bottle and on application. Really delicious fresh peach when wet. The toasted cream and the vanilla notes start to come in as it dries, with the peach receding.

The toasted cream is… okay. I really liked the peach better. The vanilla bean remains as an underlying sweetness, but the peach is gone in half an hour. I am devastated to learn that my skin disposes of the Lab’s peach the way it does citrus.

A little more throw on this than the other two peach bottles. But I'm really heartbroken.

I tested my bottle a few times, letting it rest for a good while…. Every time, the peach overpowered all the yummy sweet notes. It was a bit of a tart peach, still juicy. 
By the time the peach backs off, the other notes are pretty light, so I don’t get to enjoy the creaminess as much as I hoped. 

I’m waiting a while before wearing Vanilla Wafers & Peach Cream, in hopes that I won’t get the same result.

Let’s switch @Soupy Twist :lol:

Interestingly, I'm getting sooo much toasted cream. It's basically like a bowl full of sweet, fluffy cream with a slight coconut smell. Rich and playful. I barely smell any peach at all! When my wrists are far from my nose I detect something fruity/sweet but as I lean closer the cream is so strong I feel like I'm dipping my face in it! I think this will be a super fun scent to layer with.

Edit: this is what I imagine the Pokemon Chansey to smell like

Edited by wolf_truffles

One of my favourite desserts to make is roasted/baked peach halves served with a spoonful of Devon custard. This almost smells like a perfume version of that. 

When first applied, it is a very tart peach scent on me. It's quickly rounded-out by the toasted cream...very comforting. The coconut and marshmallow/vanilla are there, but faint. I assume they will present more with age (tested this right out of the mail).

I bought four of the Dragon Con scents and this is in a tie for #1 with Georgia Peach, Oakmoss & Sage! 

Sugary baked peaches and vanilla cream, with whiffs of deep-fried pastry, scant coconut shreds, and golden-orange amber.

As TIAPAMDEP dries, it starts to smell like... peach and cream churros? Or maybe peach and cream funnel cake?

This is kind of a peach carnival.

Peaches and cream! How does this compare to Vanilla Wafers and Peach Cream? Here, the peaches are secondary to the cream. The peach note is less fresh and realistic. More like peach preserves cooked down with lots of sugar. I’m not really getting anything that screams marshmallow, just cream and vanilla. We had peach trees in my backyard growing up and this is the way the kitchen smelled when my mom would cook them down. If I was going to swap either bottle it would be this one, but I’m not, I’ll keep them both. More peaches for me!

Divine peach marshmallow vanilla that my skin wrecks. It's so lovely in my locket, but alas, my skin throws the balance out of whack. I'll

swap it to a better home.

Salty, buttered peach popcorn. I could see this smelling like traditional peach cobbler - with the biscuits on top. 

Edited by biggnerd

The peach is very sugary, smelling more like pie filling than a fresh juicy peach. Something smells caramelized, maybe the toasted cream? Now that it's aged more, I do get some of the vanilla bean and fluffy marshmallow, but they're secondary to the caramel cream and peach notes. There's something that kind of reminds me of corn chips/doggie feet somehow, even though I have no idea where that would come from? I might be adding that impression to the perfume since it's about a dog. Either way, it gives the perfume a peach caramel corn effect to my nose.

I like this a lot more after letting it age, since I can pick out the peach and marshmallow notes more. Very yummy!

Finally, a peach note that behaves on me! The vanilla and marshmallow notes are most dominant on me, while the peach is a background player, adding a little extra fruity sweetness. It could be the combination of notes, but there's something warm about this peach note (like baked fresh peaches), in contrast to other peach blends that have gone syrupy and cloying on me. Overall impression is a pleasant, warm peaches-and-cream scent.