Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Seajewel

Peach and Sugared Orange Slices

This is just what I hoped this perfume would smell like! As a huge fan of bright orange scents this does not disappoint! The marriage of these two fruits are at the hight of their juicy sweetness. The peach plays more dominant on my skin, but I'm not complaining. It's sun ripened peach + the fuzzy soft skin. (I don't know how she pulls off the "fuzzy" bit in this perfume, but it's there) On it's own, this is a cheerful, mood lifting, skin huffing scent. However, I also think that this is a great blend to layer with other perfumes. I'm going to have fun experimenting with this one!  

This one sounded like the safest of all of them, and it is. From the bottle the fruits are bright and juicy, sweet. On wear down it's juicy peach and the sweet orange slices, both present and just slightly blending together for that blast of sweetness. Kinda hard to be in a bad mood with this on ya. On me it eventually dries down to be a perfumey sugared peach and hint of orange, being strong for like the first three hours before it's a faded whiff on the wrists. Would be great if it lasted longer.

Juicy, syrupy peaches laced with just a hint of sugary sweet orange slices. This is a super fun scent; more dominant on the peach. Not cloying at all. Very nice!! 

So, I think this may be my favorite of the 3 I bought.

In the Bottle: Tangy peaches. Like peaches that got a Vit C infusion.

Wet: Peaches with a bit of greenery--I think this is the peach fuzz scent noted above. I don't actually smell the oranges distinctly, it's more like tangy peaches laying in oakmoss or some other green nature-y stuff, ivy maybe.

Dry: It's peaches and sugar. The tangy bit is still there, and so is the greenery which is good because I think it keeps the peaches from going syrupy sweet. It lends a bit of perfumery to this scent. Fruit scents often smell like those perfumes from the 80s marketed to pre-teens, like fruity pebbles in milk. This element has been super tamed by the tanginess and greenery. Yet, it's still approachable and youthful.

Bright and fruity and bouncy! This is a very "orange" scent in my head, if I picture it: bright and sunny. I get fresh juicy peach, and sweet orange with a little bit of sharpness/tang, like you get in oranges sometimes. It's exactly what it says, and it's fun!

Awesome Husband said, "Fancy soap? Like, something from a spa?" and that made me very slightly sad, but oh well!

Peach and a bit of artificial orange in the bottle. Goes on as peach juice? with baby aspirin. As it dries, the actual peach note comes in. (Orange never lasts more than a handshake on my skin, so YMMV.) A little syrupy and heady, like peach nectar, which is where it finishes. Giddily sweet. I wish it had more throw, but it's gorgeous when I can smell it.

And the whole thing is gone in under an hour. :(

Edited by Soupy Twist

Sugared orange and peach jelly slices. Take the orange and peach slices (each sold separately), throw them into a bag, and then eat them. This is what this smells like. Medium throw and wear length.

Oh my geez; at first this really smells like sugared orange slice candy. Basically exactly.

On my skin, though, this quickly steps back into more of a peach impression paired with sweet orange skins. Yes, the skins... The sugared orange candy has morphed into orange skins that are sweet rather than bitter.

From that point on, this blend is pleasant, but rather less wow.

Exactly as it sounds! Those jellied fruit slices with the sparkly sugar "rind"! The peach is more perfumey than sweet or juicy, but the candy sugar is there. Eventually this ends in burnt plastic on me, as many foodie smells do, but the start is fun, and I'm thankful for the few sweet moments.

I let this age for half a year to see if it would change, but it is more peach than sugared orange slices on me. The orange slices don't remind me of the sugared orange slices candy, but actual orange slices. Sadly, they're under a lot of peach, though. Once the orange becomes more noticeable, the scent is pretty light on me.

I'll stick with Pink Peach, Grapefruit, Yuzu, and Pink Musk and Peach XII for my peach and citrus fix.

Edited by doomsday_disco