Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Seajewel

Budding Realization

Receptivity and acuity united in purpose: damask rose, olibanum, red sandalwood, pink peppercorn, honey amber, and clove bud.

This only landed on the 24th of December, so I'll update in about two weeks when it's had time to settle.

In the bottle: Fresh roses

Wet: Fresh roses and... something else

Dry:  Slightly spicy roses

I can tell I will love this. Granted, I love the smell of roses and haven't met a BPAL rose scent I DIDN'T love, so take that with a grain of salt. As of now, I'm looking forward to using this in the spring.

On me, the rose is, predictably, the strongest note, but it's tempered by the clove and sandalwood, plus a rather delicious shock of pink pepper. As it dries, it warms up and the amber bumps up a bit. The atmosphere here is welcoming and open, even a bit calming, but not in a sleepy way. Later on, it becomes a beautifully woody rose-amber scent, though it's interesting and a little odd, but because of what clove does on my skin, it ends up smelling a lot like carnation & reminds me a bit of both the BPTP Red Rose (also clove, amber, & rose but RR also has a strong fir note that sets it apart) from the Unity set and, from what I recall of the last time I dug it out, Hod. I really like this, and I'm super-happy I went for the Kickstarter. Solid, very rosy throw, and good longevity for the relative age of the perfume. I fully expect this to become an extremely gorgeous, even more full-bodied rose scent as it ages.

A dusty, dry, gently spiced rose blend. It has a strong throw for such a soft scent, i could smell it through my sweater and caught it on the air as I went about my day. I get an even distribution of rose and the other notes, clearly a rose scent but also clearly sandalwood and clove in particular. Hours later, when its more faded, it sweetens up just a bit.

Very nice, delicate, and well suited for the concept of "budding realizations." I feel like this would be a great perfume for moments when mindfulness and purpose are the goal. 

Editing to add that a few weeks later that sweetness comes forth a bit earlier. Everything I said above is still true, but an additional layer of a creamy sweetness comes out. Probably the honey amber showing up a bit more, though not more prominent than the rest.

Edited by deadlyves

Green sap, spiced red rose. This smells like a Rose Red variant. If you're into green sapped versions of Rose Red, get this! Or if you have enough Rose Red, you can skip. Good throw and great wear length.

very wet, fresh rose. like walking into a flower shop where they've got freshly cut roses. the spicyness is subtle and low-key for me. the honey amber is lovely on the skin, but not noticeable in the bottle. doesn't ever turn powdery for me. 

This is a lovely rose scent that has blossomed (har har) the more it has rested. The red rose is the star, encircled by olibanum (frankincense) and dry red sandalwood. The pink pepper and clove add some light spice, and the honey amber sweetens the rose and makes it jammy. The rose + clove combination remind me a little of Sentence First, Verdict afterward, but this is sweeter and lacks SFVA's metallic tinge. This smells like an enchanted rose garden in a fairy tale. I'm glad I was able to snag this one.