Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Seajewel

Tiefling Therapist

A soothing, centering blend of white and red sandalwood, champaca attar, frankincense, and brimstone.

First-blush impression of the Therapist on my skin: Red champaca!

This is a very incensey blend for the therapist, with a healthy dash of brimstone for the tiefling. Think incense on steroids: The white and red sandalwoods blend right into the champaca and frankincense, with champaca singing the loudest, but the harmony notes are also fully present in support. Brimstone smolders nearby, smelling very like the glowing contents of a brazier.

Tielfling Therapist is a bit of an incense OD for me, but this could be a strong staple for incense lovers. I love the mental image of the brick-red tiefling offering support in a safe, meditative space. It's a character inspiration, really.

This one is a great incensy blend. The brimstone brings some smokiness and the impression that this is burning, but in general it just smells like clean incense. Good throw and wear length.

In the imp: fiery red incense. On my skin it's just glowing, bright and a a little sweet. I want to say I get DBR, there's a sweet red note I can't place. It gets more incensy again as it dries. Smoky but not harsh. 

This totally has that 90s Hot Topic smell with the slightly grape-y, slightly powdery, hazy, nag champa incense and dry sandalwood.  I feel like I can smell the way all of their new clothing smelled with the belts, buckles and leather (fake leather?).  Usually bpal's sandalwood goes to pure baby powder to my nose, but this actually smells like good sandalwood incense, especially in the drydown.  Good sandalwood incense, nag champa, and Hot Topic clothing.  It makes me feel very nostalgic.

I wore this often during the winter. I really like the champaca in this, but the brimstone is fierce. Sometimes it borders on charred meat? Sometimes it plays nice. I never really smell the frankincense or sandalwood. 

This is a very incense-y scent, but a comforting one. I get the resins with a lot of champaca at first, but the champaca melds with the resins so well that it becomes really smooth instead of heady? The red sandalwood dominates by the end of the day, backed by the other resins, and the champaca is very tame by that point. I also swear I get a bit of clove -- perhaps from the brimstone?

It's not something I need more of, but I do like it more than I thought I would!

I purchased a bottle of this for a friend. First impressions: VERY incense-y, to a headshop level. It calms down a bit pretty quickly to be more resin-y. I can pick up the brimstone notes that I'm familiar with thanks to The Chapel. It adds to an almost waxy candle vibe. This is a wee bit too strong for my own daily wear, but it is by no means unpleasant!

Tested this today, and it goes completely floral champaca on me with a strong backing of brimstone. Floral brimstone is not something I want to smell like. Although, I guess it does smell like a therapist's office. But I don't want to smell like that either.