Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Seajewel

Kobold Barista

Dungeoneering is exhausting, and sometimes the watered-down ale at the local tavern just slows you down. Before you head out on your next adventure, slather yourself in this fiery brew: freshly brewed coffee with ginger, nutmeg, cardamom, black pepper, cloves, cinnamon, and cream.

This is zero sweet, 100% spice with a beautiful underpinning of dark coffee. On me, this is yummy, earthy, perfectly-blended holiday spices, and the coffee plays a background role, adding a unifying acidity that brings this out of gourmand-land (oddly). 

It’s what I want to drink if I can’t be with my family on Thanksgiving. It’s Christmas coffee without venturing into craft store territory.

Really nice! I recommend for lovers of baking spices and/or coffee, and folks who want the hominess of spice cake without venturing into sweet. 

I agree with @estamets, this is non-gourmand coffee, spices, and cream with a holiday vibe. I could see wearing it a lot this fall and winter. Average throw and wear length.

Yes! Not what I was expecting to get from these notes! This read to me as something more like a chai latte - which risked going horribly wrong for me! But, no - this is a dry, scratchy woolly spice. I can pick up the coffee if I try, and it's a really dark, almost burnt but not at all unpleasant, coffee. Maybe milk dumped in to light beige? But very little cream for me - for which I am thankful, as it tends to give me burnt plastic. The cardamom and black pepper are the most distinct of the spices for me - a great thing! But these spices are like just-ground, freshly cracked, and so a little bit astringent. Not sweet and not-at-all gourmand. It's warm woody spice - scratchy wool from the cardamom and dry bitter from the black pepper. Really wonderful stuff.

Warm spices, black coffee, and black coffee grounds with hints of earth. Sparse cream, but what I find of it reminds me of the cream from the little plastic cups at diners. Dry and unsweetened.

On me, the spices are up front at first, but soon take a back seat to the black coffee. And mounds and mounds of coffee grounds -- this is a busy diner morning.

This is a blend for a bleary-eyed winter holiday morning at a local diner.

I get creamy (but not sweet) coffee from this swirled with a melange of spices. I have sensitive skin, but this isn't as spice-heavy as I thought it would be, and the scent didn't burn my skin. It is NOT a cinnabomb for those worried about the cinnamon; the black pepper note is actually the spice that is the strongest on me, but this is pretty well-blended.

This could be really nice during the cold months. I'll be hanging onto my imp to see if I reach for this scent on a rare chilly day.

On me at first i do get the dry, spice and coffee scent, but after a bit it goes sweet. The cream really comes out on me after a bit, with a hint cinnamon and pepper. At times it almost smells buttery, which i am now curious to pair with Halfling. On my other arm i tried this w/ Fuzzy Peach Sweater, omg it's like having some warm peach cobbler and chai. This scent is definitely layerable for fall themed scents. Also, i just love reading everything that people say, it's so fun to see how scents react to different people.

American coffee with cinnamon in the bottle. Well, that’s already a disappointment, but pressing on. Cinnamon-heavy black coffee on application. Nutmeg and clove appear quickly. The black pepper makes an appearance as it dries, pushing out the coffee, but it’s American coffee so I don’t care. Finishes as a generic off-brand spice which turns my stomach, and I had to wash it off.

Reviewing my notes, I see that the Lab's "black coffee" works on me but "coffee" doesn't. "Coffee absolute" disappears. "Fresh-brewed coffee" was fine on me in Cola di Mono, but here it didn't work at all.

Alas, my quest must continue; no rest for me at this tavern.

This smells like deliciously spiced coffee with cream. If you've ever had Ethiopian coffee, this is what it reminds me of. Take some chai + coffee, and this is delicious. Medium throw and wear length.