Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Seajewel

Drider Crossing Guard

A cautious, watchful scent: earthy, dry fig, black pepper, nutmeg, and black plum tea.

Edited by Seajewel

Mm, delicious black plum. This plum is juicy, rich, and dark; an earthy brown fig rounds it out. A clean, astringent white tea drifts out soon after, still while the blend is wet on skin. And for a while, that's what the drider is: dark plum, earthy fig, clean white tea.

In drydown, some soft spice -- mostly black pepper -- shows up in hints. And I smell a little something light and grainy, like white sandalwood. No such note is listed, but I keep noticing something like that, pale and meditative.

I really like this one. It's in my cart.

This one started off as mostly earthy fig and tea on me with a bit of plum, but it ended up becoming mostly about the plum as time went on with just a bit of earthy fig and tea. Oddly enough, the spice notes do not stand out on me.

Definitely one for fans of fig and plum.

Plummy fig with nutmeg. This smells like the inside of a baked fig newton type baked good. Delicious. Low throw, medium wear length.

This is such a beautiful, juicy plum and fig combo. The tea comes out as it dries and gives some depth. There's a cleanness to the scent, a bit of brightness. And the spices don't stand out for me, but are detectable if I sniff deeply. A really gorgeous, inky sort of scent. 

I love bpal's plum notes and still hope for a wild plum single note, but I'm loving all of the plum scents that have come out lately.  The plum and fresh astringency of the tea reminds me of Velvet Void, which is another bpal that I tried and loved recently (except Velvet Void is sweeter, richer, and deeper with the resin notes).  First on, the black pepper was a little too sharp, but it quickly settles under the plum tea and the woody, sweet, slightly coconutty fig scent comes out more.  It winds up smelling like a lovely, creamy, fig dessert and a cup of clean, plum flavored white tea.  A bit sharp, but still very good.

Freshly applied, this reminds me of some fruity/powdery deodorant I had as a teenager. The fig comes out more over weartime and begins to pull it out of teen-spirit territory, but it never turns into a love for me. As much as I like both fig and plum, overall, I think I prefer Drow Yoga Instructor.

Drider Crossing Guard is a whole lot of plum on me.  I thought from the description that it would trend dry and earthy, but it's all juicy fruit.  I'm not getting pepper (not unusual) or nutmeg or tea, and only a little bit of fig that emerges gradually.  It's pretty much the plum show.  Fortunately, it's an enjoyable, wearable plum. 

opens with a clean, spa-like plum that is reminiscent of the lab's wild plum note.  as it settles in, it gains a little depth as it starts throwing off a lightly spiced fig.  the fig is dry and airy, not that sweet chewy fig  that i love.

this one is light, clean, and fruity.  lasted about 20 minutes on my skin before disappearing completely.

i think i was hoping for a more nc-17 fig and plum blend, and this one is definitely g rated.

Edited by MamaMoth

A very well blended scent. I can't pinpoint a certain note, but i get a vague note of tea and something else grounding it. I'm tempted to say it's the dry fig, but not fully sure. The plum note slowly blooms... it's really delicate and gentle and doesn't throw off the balance of notes. This will be a great calming and grounding scent.

Ooo, this is different. It reminds me of a sexy, expensive soap. (in a good way.) There is no sweetness, and very little woodiness. It is earthy for sure, with just a touch of green. It is dry but not burning. The black plum tea gives it just enough fruitiness to round out the spiciness of the pepper and nutmeg. Warm without being cozy. Reminds me of sandalwood for a strange reason, and I say strange because I don't like sandalwood but I do like this. Keeper! (lap frimp btw!)