Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Seajewel

Tonka Bean & Pink Pepper

A skin hugging slightly sweet (not too sweet) fusion of joyful pink scents giving me vibes from LUSH's discontinued tonka-forward Think Pink bath bomb.

I was expecting this to be a headache bomb for me, with the way I can be sensitive to certain kinds of tonka scents, esp ones that can have a harsh condensed hay sort of an edge to them. 

This is so unexpectedly lovely. 
The pink pepper note is very prominent and smells pleasingly realistic ~ I used to crumble pink peppercorns onto this one drink at an old bartending job and I loved the scent and texture of them ~ this smells similar to that, maybe with a little less of a bite, but still has that bright earthy ness. 

the tonka is beneath and it is very lovely, not overpowering. It’s super smoooooth and soft, like an old easy chair, just cradling that gorgeous pink pepper note. 

There’s something about this that smells a little like dried spiced holiday tea from afar.  

It’s earthy, smooth, comforting, kind of a laid back witch scent, the sort of thing you put on to feel at peace by yourself, but can work for cuddling also. 

Gonna be upgrading to a bottle for sure. 

This one is pretty! It is also pink pepper dominant on me, but the pink pepper is sweet with a slight kick to it. The vanilla-like tonka gains strength with wear and really cozies up to the pink pepper. It has been a long time since I've smelled it, but I do get the Lush Think Pink bath bomb vibe from it by the end of the day, although it is super light on me by then.

I'm going to wait until I try Tonka Bean and Saffron to decide which tonka duet I need to upgrade (if not both), but this one is definitely a contender! It's so peppy and happy, and I could see it pairing perfectly with High-Strung Daisies Hair Gloss. :heart: 

Edited by doomsday_disco

Very much pink pepper dominant, but you get a whiff of tonka on the drydown. But if you wanted an exemplar of pink pepper, this is it. Medium throw and wear length.

ok not sure what i was expecting but “pink” and “girly” are perfect descriptions. this smells to me like melon bubblegum! more candylike than pure fruit, but def sweet and pink and fun. 

Unmistakably peppery and pink. A perky sort of pick-me-up scent that doesn't permeate very far outside your personal space, but potent enough to persist through a good part of the day. 

Edited by LavenderCoffee