Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Wild black plum and dried berries deepened by blackened vanilla husk, 3-year aged patchouli, oakmoss, vetiver, Mysore sandalwood, and black leather.

I received this in the mail yesterday and used as much self control as I have (which is very little) with intent to rest and tested a dab this morning. 

As of now, it’s reading as a single note oakmoss. Fine with me, as it’s one of my favorite notes. I’m getting a tiny smidge of leather 30 mins in as it dries down. 

These listed notes will all have to battle it out over the next 6 months or so in a dark box. I feel this has promise but needs time to meld. 

The bottle artwork by Mucha is beautiful, and I’m very pleased with my new Century Guild package! 

This has 5 of my all time favorite notes in it, so I thought that it was a guaranteed win, but I don't smell any of those notes (no wild plum, no vanilla, no patchouli, no oakmoss, no leather). 

I get a bit of berry in the opening (like blueberry pie goo), but it disappears within 5 minutes and then I'm left with tons of powdery, dry, sharp sandalwood.  It makes my throat feel dry when I smell it.  It's all sandalwood with a hint of ashy vetiver smoke that smells like a whiff of cigarette smoke on me.  Doesn't change at all over the hours.

My partner said it smells like "pencil shavings and baby powder."

Wet, this is perfumey poisonous berries, reminding me of Beautiful Death or Shadow Lace, but drying on the skin, the vetiver comes out strong with just a hint of patchouli. Vetiver lovers rejoice! 

I'm not noticing the oakmoss, leather, vanilla or sandalwood (other than contributing to the perfumey beginning) as distinct notes & the berries fade fast. I can see this being someone's power scent for when they want to feel like a badass, though. It definitely has presence.

Edited by alterosen

Yesterday when I took it out of the box, it was patchouli. Today, it's sandalwood, oakmoss, and just a ping of vetiver. No vanilla or leather, or at least it's not noticeable. It is a much, much drier scent than I expected - I thought it would be fruitier, and I do kinda wish there was just a little more plum/berry to it, but that's why we layer! (I've got a bottle of Elderberry Flower & Sandhill Plum, that might go well with this...)

Ugh, I love Le Pater. This one is a very grand opium, lush blend. Berries, vanilla, and a whiff of mysore sandalwood (my fave). Good throw and wear length.