Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
Betula

Dapper Scents?

Hi, everyone! I was wondering if anyone has recommendation for 'dapper' scents? Scents that lean masculine or gender-neutral, and seem like they'd go well with a sharp suit. 

I like 'Wax Cylinders', as an example! Notes that work great on me: leather, grass, beeswax, pepper. I can do aquatics, but don't like to be clubbed over the head with them. I also like florals (I firmly believe flowers are for any gender). 

I've been exploring my non-binary-ness lately, and BPAL has been a great resource for that. Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated! : D 

Oooh! I’ve been contemplating The Divine Scientist in the new Hierophant line for my partner. I bet it’s a killer in a sharp suit~ 

I also think of Jareth, Monk, Rogue, Sherlock Holmes, Paladin, and Villain right away...

There’s also a thread in existence that might answer your question~ 

I find Tristran to be quite dapper, and with a youthful edge that's nice, as well. 

Lord of the Heavens is also fantastic, for more of a void-black suit with a silk cravat kind of scent. 

There are a bunch in the GC that have just this vibe.  Villain.  Wilde.  Whitechapel.  Highwayman.  Vicomte de Valmont.  John Watson.  Dorian if you can handle the sweetness.  If you like leather, the White, Black and Red Riders (the last doesn't work on me, but I love the other two.)  Bow and Crown of Conquest -- leather and carnation.  Oh, and Crowley:heart:!!  Lordy which benefits the ACLU but which some people thinks smells like cucumber.  I haven't tried Boney Was a Warrior because jasmine, but it might scratch that itch, too: A fresh, light Napoleonic-era cologne with hints of rosemary, almond, oakmoss, and jasmine. And Kit from OLLA is very dapper in an old fashioned way: Mysore sandalwood,  a tattered and patched 16th century waistcoat, inkstained, still scented with the marjoram and benzoin dry perfumes of his youth.

Oh dapper scents :wub2:

Seconding: John Watson, Wilde, Villain, Whitechapel, The Bow and Crown of Conquest, Manhattan, Paladin, Jareth

Adding: Theodosius, Old Scratch, Iago, Half-Elf, Adam, Tavern of Hell

Edited by BoneBone24

Thanks so much, guys!!! I now have a long list of things to try. I'm excited to start ordering lots of imps, haha! :D 

Sign in to follow this