Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
BubbleDragon

How to remove scents from your skin

Not only with these oils but also any perfume in general - I get terrible awful migraines - not usually triggered by scents (though sometimes). But once it is triggered, scent kills me (even something innocuous like bread will make me nauseous). What's a good way to get smell from myself - just plain water? Soap and water (usually, soap won't bother me, just overly floral, spicy, or foody scents)? Alcohol wipes? I dunno.

Oh... and by the way - peppermint oil is my GODSEND when I've got a headache. It helps while the meds kick in. *mwa* *mwa*

Wet wipes! I have young children so we have them around anyway but I like to keep a wet wipe handy when I am testing out imps. It gets my fingers clean of the muddled mix of imp guts I've managed to get all over myself. Wait, imp guts sounds bad. Imp goo? Imp essence? There, that's better. :P

Shockingly baby wipes work . It take off any scent on my skin. It took off a spilled imp of black phoenix off my arm and eh that was really strong. tho I love that smell if there is to much it’s just killer. That or rub baby powder into your skin both work for me .

Gotta second the baby wipes! I slathered myself with Baobhan Sith the other day & realized that what works on my wrist doesn't neccessarily work on my neck. Baby wipes were handy & did the trick perfectly.

I believe I read somewhere that alcohol does the trick (no not to drink, silly!). If you get a cotton ball and rub the applied area, this should take the sniff out. Depending on the oil, from my experience, it is possible to just use soap and water to wash the scent off, but this doesn't work with some fragrances, especially the resin-esque ones.

-doreen

I'm the silly, Feline. :P

When I first tried O, couldn't stand it, and desperately tried tequila to get it off (had heard the whole alcohol gets it off thing)

Didn't work, so I settled for drinking it instead. :D

I'm surprised i've never seen a topic like this, there probably has been and I just airheadedly don't remember it, so sorry if that's the case :P

Anyway, what's the most effective way to get BPAL off your skin? Either if it doesn't work with your skin chemistry or if you just want to change your perfume for the day :D Soap doesn't seem to do beans.

soap and hot water usually works for me unless it's one of those stubborn earthy blends, in which case i keep scrubbing with the soap until it's gone. it took me about three washings to get hearth off my wrists.

If you're having a particularly hard time removing a strong oil with soap and water, try rubbing a little lemon juice and salt over the area...I guarantee you'll get rid of the oil. I did this with some stubborn Ace of Pentacles on my wrists once and it worked really well. The acid in the lemon breaks down the oil.

p.s. Don't try this method if you have a break in your skin...you'll scream!

Dishwashing soap seems to work especially well - you know, the kind that has grease-cutting power...

Sometimes Baby wipes don't work for me, nor does soap and water...

I'll have to try the salt method, I've heard if you cut onions or something else Odiferious, that, if you rub salt on your hands it gets rid of the scent. =)

--Mystina

You know that degreaser stuff? Orange miricle?

That works on STUBBERN scents. Highwayman did NOT want to come off my wrists after I applied it one night. (Just had to try it, put it on about 7:30 and wanted it off to go to bed around 9)

But then you smell like an orange grove and need to use regular soap and water to get THAT off....

Dawn dishwashing soap and Darkswan's Japanese Pear and Ginseng both get off all traces of whatever scent you happen to be wearing. At least, they work for me.

Witchhazel works like a charm for me.

I'm surprised i've never seen a topic like this, there probably has been and I just airheadedly don't remember it, so sorry if that's the case  :P

Anyway, what's the most effective way to get BPAL off your skin? Either if it doesn't work with your skin chemistry or if you just want to change your perfume for the day :D Soap doesn't seem to do beans.

I couldn't get the last remnants of the spicy baby powder smell off my hands at all last night. Then I cleaned up after the cats with Nature's Miracle.

And suddenly the baby powder was gone, as well.

Next time I have a "I need this off NOW" reaction, I'm reaching for the Nature's Miracle. *g*