Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
zankoku_zen

Cardamom & White Sandalwood

This one starts out heavy on the cardamom -- spicy, warm, a little earthy. It eventually calms down and lets the sandalwood amp up. This is a soft, snuggly white sandalwood, warmed up further by the cardamom. I'll probably be reaching for this one a lot in the fall.

Spicy sandalwood. I get a note of cardamom on wet, but its mainly a very expensive sandalwood. Low throw, great wear length.

When I first put this on, the cardamom immediately jumped out and was almost overpowering.  After about half an hour it calmed down on my skin and the sandalwood started to come forward.  The sandalwood on this is NOT "incensey" hot sandalwood, but rather a very high end "perfumey" sandalwood.  This is still definitely a cardamom-forward Duet; it's the star of the show, which I love as I love the Lab's cardamom note.

Sharp green cardamom. Sandalwood warmth underneath. On me, the cardamom stays strong and a touch astringent through dry down. 

The cardamom here is spicy, bright & sweet and the sandalwood is powdery and softly woodsy.  The overall impression is like rolling out holiday spice cookies on a floured wooden cutting board with sweet powdered sugar glaze at the ready.  I was surprised at how complex and gourmand this actually is on me.

The cardamom doesn't smell quite like itself and actually reminds me of last winter when I was obsessed with making lebkuchen spice cookies (which was a mix of cardamom, clove, allspice, cinnamon and ginger).  I love cardamom and I smell the cardamom, but it almost feels like this is a more complex blend of spices.