Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
zankoku_zen

Burnt Sugar & Blackberry

In the bottle, I get a soft, delicious scent of the burnt sugar. I wasn't sure what to expect, but at this stage, it smells most closely to cooked marshmallows over a camp fire. It's lightly sweet and really, really cozy!
Wet on skin, the blackberry comes out in force, and the sugar takes a definite back seat to the proceedings. The berry is sweet, fresh and very juicy! I adore the Lab's blackberry note and if you liked Blackberries and Scones, chances are good you'll like this, too!
Upon dry down, things come more into alignment, with both parts of the duet showing up for the duration. The sugar sinks in and softens further and the blackberry mellows considerably, making this a beautiful little gourmand scent.

Glad I snagged one! ❤️ 

Oooh, this is fun! I'm so glad I last-minute threw in a bottle of this, in my recent order!

I think I'd agree with VioletChaos that it's almost a toasted marshmallow note - like, it's *not* marshmallow, but it has that...toasty sweetness, if that makes sense? On me that note is a little stronger than the blackberry, though the blackberry is definitely also there - it's like someone took that toasty sweetness and poured it over a bowl of fresh blackberries. It's not a huge throw but seems to be lasting a good long while on my skin, too.

Also, for some reason my head immediately instantly associated this with autumn, even though it's 95 degrees here today! Something about...bonfires? berry-picking? The 'colors' for this scent in my head are...autumn leaves, russet and crimson and brown and gold, and also a deep rich berry-purple. But I feel like it's also a good late-summer scent, berries and sweetness, deepening toward fall, anticipating. 🙂

If a country-bramble witch made sugary treats for kids, the treats might smell like this.

Caramelly sugar over stove-warmed blackberries. 

Nom.

(Love it.)

This is blackberry dominant throughout, but the baked sugar crystals are sprinkled over it, sweetening it up. It's kind of like the baked sugar on a scone or maybe some blackberry cobbler without any strudel, pie, or pastry notes. It's nice on its own, but I want to try to layer it with some lavender and see how that goes! I can't imagine a blackberry fan not enjoying this one.

I so wanted the blackberry not to go synthetic on me. I wanted the high note not to be so shrill (my assumption is that my skin is to blame for this one; I've experienced it where a fruit note to others is like a scented pen version of that fruit note on me.) Le sigh.... 

Edited by ND¢

Oof this one delicious. The sugar definitely smells like sugar granules that are being melted/burnt. The blackberry is tart and slightly syrupy sweet, like it's being melted alongside the sugar. The blackberry isn't artificial at all, it's very realistic and jammy. This smells kind of like breakfast food. It's simple but so pretty and it worked really well on my skin!

Edited by stwbrymlk

It's like Sugar Skull decided to splat itself down in the middle of Blackberry filling and roll around in it. It's yummy rich blackberry with caramel brown sugar that's been toasted. Rich, delicious, and definately edible. Like baking blackberry cobbler. 

Definately a keeper, a great fall scent that would keep your nose delighted as you take a walk in the autumn woods.

Strangely, I don't get a burnt or bakery sugar from this at all (no creme brulee or baked goods).  Burnt Sugar & Blackberry reminds me a lot of bpal's Sugar Moon series of scents.  I wear this and I'm instantly transported to being 6-years-old and my mom picking me and my cousins up and setting us on the kitchen counter so that we could "make Kool-Aid."  We would mix berry and cherry kool-aid and then sneak in extra sugar so that it was hyper-sweet and the sugar granules couldn't even dissolve and the sugar was still crunchy while you drank the mixture.  Super sugary, very juicy, berry-cherrry Kool-Aid.  This smells like that Kool-Aid tasted.

Delicious! It's like a slightly burnt (but not inedible, just left in the oven for a couple extra minutes) blackberry pie. If you like pie scents or even sufganiyots from Yules, you will probably love this if you like blackberries! The burnt sugar comes close to smelling like a graham cracker pie crust on me, which is mainly why it reminds me of a pie. The smoky quality is pretty strong, but it doesn't overshadow the berries or the sugar.

At first, it's more of a smoky sugary crust scent but the blackberry begins to peek through within a few minutes. 

One of my favorite duets, do not skip on this if the burnt note doesn't scare you away!

In the bottle I get more blackberry than burnination. Sweet and dark and delicious.

I get the burnt sugar note after applying to my skin, and the scent becomes richer and jammier. The burnt sugar note is perfection with the dark berry!

This is such a tremendous comfort smell. It reminds me of making berry pie filling. 🥧 This also works quite well in a scent locket!

This honestly feels more like a brown sugar in a way than burnt sugar, to the point that I'd forgotten the scent name, less of a burning flambe, and more of sugar gently heated until it begins to darken. There's a very juicy blackberry that pairs nicely with this, and has a slightly tart heavy throw on me, this is a bold blackberry that demands to be heard, and I rather like it. There's about an equal measure of each note on me, and it ends up like a slightly toasty blackberry jam.

I agree with the sense of warm baked something here. A little jammy, the caramlization of the sugar makes me imagine some spices there, too. It starts a bit candied but that goes away and becomes sweet, warm, dark, jammy, almost spiced blackberry.