Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

King mandarin and blackcurrant with frankincense, white clove, lilac, red rose petals, French lavender, and red vegetal musk.

What a lovely juicy & jammy fruit fragrance! This is a perfect scent for summer days, I want to just lay on the beach with an adult beverage 😎

In the Bottle: Bright, juicy red/orange mandarin right in the face, and it is delicious 😍 The blackcurrant really supports the sweet citrus of the mandarin and darkens it up a bit. Something quite herbal lingers in the background and the florals are nowhere to be found

On Skin: The musk and clove amp up and the mandarin quiets down...but only a bit. The star of the show is still that mandarin, but it is far more complex once this hits the skin. Very warm, very inviting. If I try really hard, I think I can detect the florals hiding in the scent, but they definitely aren't very discernable, so if you're scared of rose, lavender, or lilac,  this is probably a safe bet.

Dry Down: This is a real morpher! Fruity notes evaporate after a couple hours and the vegetal musk and frankincense reveal themselves as the  base of the fragrance. This ends up being a very clean, yet somehow antique scent. To me it evokes images of a very well-kept antique shop. And while the frankincense is definitely adding a resinous element, I would not call this an incense fragrance at  all.

Wear Time & Throw: About 5 hours before this became a skin scent on me; great throw that fades gracefully with the fragrance

Fruity morpher. On wet, I get the mandarin and then it dries down to clove, roses, lavender and a whiff of musk that still has a fruity overtone to it. This is delightfully blended and not something I would have expected. Great throw and wear length.

Luscious king mandarin right up front that does feel a little more red than orange somehow.  It's a deeper citrus than this year's earlier offerings.  There's a cleanness present that reminds me of geranium, and the frankincense creeps up after a few minutes, adding a warm incense underneath the mandarin.  I don't get much floral, and I think this is fairly unisex.  

I'd say this smells like grown up fruit punch, but I don't want to undermine it's complexity.  A very nice example of the mandarin note, with enough going on to make it unique and dare I say, elegantly proper.  

This is all harsh acid mandarin on me -- it smells like a cleaning product, with a lotta throw and staying power. I don't get any incense or frankincense. There is a little smidge of spicy clove that comes in after a few minutes, but my skin is turning this into a mandarin single note. I had to wash it off after an hour, as it was getting headachey :,(

I was hoping for a cousin to Transeo, but my skin is also turning this into a mandarin single note, which reminds me of the Body Shop lotion I slathered on myself as a teenager. Not exactly what I'm going for. Swappity swap!

Loads of mandarin up front --- and I'm also smelling a more reddish blood orange. I can catch a little black currant, like a soft shadow, but it's mostly lost in the radiance of oranges.

Settles into a reddish-orange fruit punch? There seems to be a little more going on, but I'm not catching spices or other identifiable notes.