Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

A Jupiterian blend of California white sage, cedarwood, hyssop, saffron, white frankincense, juniper berry, nutmeg, cinquefoil, hops flower, and sarsaparilla.

What a wonderfully blended perfume! This is a very clean and well-rounded scent. Leans more on the masculine side to my nose, but perfect for anyone that likes bright, woodsy notes. A very easy-to-approach perfume, especially if you're seeking more masculine scents.

In Bottle: Very aromatic and heady, immediately clears your sinuses with a fresh, yet sweet scent. Immediately picking up the sage, cedarwood, and the sarsaparilla is hanging out in the background, keeping the scent from going in the pencil shavings or car freshener direction, presumably adding the sweetness along with the nutmeg. 

On Skin: Once this perfume hits the skin, the frankincense and saffron immediately amp up to add a warm and spicy resinous element which makes this smell a bit more incensey and religious. Still retains the strong, bright woodsy notes at the heart of the scent.

Dry Down: Softens significantly into a warm, woodsy cologne smell. The bright notes still linger a bit, but are definitely quite faded.

Wear Time & Throw: This lasted about 5 hours before it became a skin scent on me and had a moderate throw

Wow, this one is a surprise. I was very sus, because sars. 😅 You see, sarsaparilla is typically a very fizzy, cola-spicy note in my nose and I tend to banish it from my presence at all costs.

Here, though, the herbal elements lead the way, sage and juniper giving a quiet outdoorsy burr of greens right out of the gate, and hyssop and cedarwood lending kind of a darker, more somber presence to the brighter edge of frankincense. That back end of the scent is where the sarsaparilla does its fizzy thing, and it does conspire in my nose to go not cola but actually soapy? I'm feeling the buzz of suds right at the tip of my nose from some fierce bar-soap.

Eventually, the sarsaparilla does win and this is a really woodsy, gnarly surfactant. It's not a bottle upgrade for me, because I tend to not like those kind of scents, but nobody would bat an eyelash if you walked around smelling like this, because everybody would assume you were very freshly washed and then maybe took a roll in the woods. (I mean, maybe that last part would get some batted lashes, but the rest is all very normal.)

(Many hours later, when all the fizz has worn off, this is a gorgeous foresty close-to-the-skin scent. I can get that with other blends that I enjoy the journey more for, it's just worth observing that this is a very lovely morpher.)

Lord of the Heavens is a very herbal, woodsy scent. At first, the bright juniper, sage, and hops (which are reminding me of Fuck This Heat) stand out to my nose, but then the warmer notes like the nutmeg, cedar, and a touch of sarsaparilla cozy up to those notes. I adore root beer scents, but the sarsaparilla isn't strong enough to make this a root beer scent on me. It's actually got a dry, yet coniferous desert-y feel to it that I'd put in the same family as Colemanite Phoenix (they smell somewhat similar to my nose, although the only note they have in common is sage, and that one features a different sage note). It gets woodier with wear, so that it ends up being mostly an herbal cedar scent on me by the end of the day.

I don't think I need a bottle of this one, but I do think this is nice, and I would recommend it to those looking for a desert scent or something similar to Colemanite Phoenix. :) 

Edited by doomsday_disco

Bright sage with the warmth of both nutmeg, cedar and a touch of sasparilla. This is a warm spicy woodsy blend that is gender neutral but does lean masculine. Ever wanted to cuddle a tree? This is what tree cuddling smells like. Medium throw and wear length.

This strikes me as a very nice mens' cologne. Smooth sage up front, with something warm and earthy perceptible underneath, which I took for subtle patch, but is probably a combo of frankincense, cedar, and nutmeg. The other herbs add complexity, and this smells dusty green.

There's a bit of a sharp cologne edge I associate with the cognac note and hopefully with soften with age. I don't get root beer at all. The cedar is mild and well-behaved. I get gentle, fuzzy, herbs, dried by summer sun but still growing in the field. And I get handsome man in a classy but casual pullover.  

BY JOVE, I do declare. This jewel just found a spot in my Jupiter/Jove box. It definitely smells like a beautiful golden king, lounging in snug pants and tilted crown. Perfectly transformative, this will be perfect for meditation purposes when I want to slow down and let wisdom flow in. 

The sage and cedar in this blend stand out the most to me throughout this scent's wear time. It starts out intensely sagey, but then the cedar and other notes amp up a bit more, giving a warm, woodsy, slightly earthy impression. Think a woodsy scent (with the "forest" aspects coming from the cedar and juniper rather than pine) amped up with sage.

Rustic, sage-laced woodsy woods. Lovely white sage -- a little sweet, or something else is -- nutmeg-spiced cedar, woodsy conifer, and a background impression of dried brown leaves and other tree things on the forest floor that reminds me of the Earth Mother from the Empress Tarot release. 

Appealing white sage and cedar forest blend.