Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

I botched this about two years ago, and it’s been sitting on my desk ever since. I didn’t realize that there was Snake Oil in a bottle when I blended Psionicist into it, so…. there you go. This is lightly aged Snake Oil plus electric white mint, eucalyptus leaf, white frankincense, and blue-white musk.

Keep in mind I have not tried Psionicist. I bought this oil directly from the lab because I have been interested in mint notes of late. I prefer foodie blends and gourmands, but have been branching out to try notes I enjoyed in gourmands in other aspects. 

In bottle, Psnake is definitely electric mint. Bracing. Invigorating. Maybe spearamint? Has a bite.

On application, greeted by the mint, but then the eucalyptus is right there. This is almost menthol to me, but not… my gauge for this is when a scent veers into sports creme scent. The bite I smelled in bottle doesnt present on wrist, This doesnt go into sports cream territory. Just an herbal tinge behind the mint. And like, right off the bat I get the snake oil.

I am wondering when Beth said there had been snake oil in the bottle, how *much* had been in it? Because I am getting a good deal of snake right now and I wouldn’t have expected it to contend with the mint right at opening. My preconceived notions were that the snake oil would surface in dry down. I only appreciate snake oil in blends, but then I *really * appreciate it in blends so I am happy to find it already presenting.

Twenty minutes in the mint is now soft, and referencing reviews on Psionicist, seems more on point with how others experienced the mint. Its so soft I have to root around in the crook my arm to find, At this point it is a blue musk and snake oil and this is my favorite stage and I landed here so quick! I love the snake oil mixed with the musk, what a happy accident. 

I reapplied to experience the first twenty minutes again. ❤️

Two hours later. Soft snake oil and musk. The musk does feel blue, not sure if its the type of musk or the residual left over mint snd eucalyptus. This feels like such a pleasant summer blend, what perfect timing for the release of something that sat in Beths desk for two years! I am glad I splurged. ❤️

I never tried Psionicist either, and tbh mint, eucalyptus, and even blue and white musks aren't usually my thing. But then I remembered how good Green Tea Viper is, and jumped on buying a bottle as soon as this went live. I wanted it to work and branch out a bit from my wheelhouse, and this is absolutely perfect for that!

Upon application, the mint and eucalyptus are there, but they are not overpowering at all. Then there is the musk, and the Snake Oil. Overall, this scent feels green and fresh and sexy all at once. I love this and it's going to get a lot of wear on hot summer days. 

Beth if you see this, please try to make more! Your happy little accident is making me happy too, and I would love to see others have the chance to enjoy this!

Edited by Poenari
Spelling

The warm spices, vanilla, and musk of Snake Oil goes really well with the minty musk and touch of eucalyptus from Psionicist. I think this was aged before release so I'm assuming those were more prominent then. This could have easily been a Winter release in my eyes since the mint is so prominent over the other non-Snake Oil notes.

I've never tried a minty Snake Oil blend before, this is so lovely! Definitely recommended for Snake Oil lovers as well as anyone who enjoys mint and vanilla. However, if you really love Psionicist this in my eyes isn't too similar to it. I mostly got the mint and some more musk, Snake Oil was a lot stronger. 

I have no experience with either Snake Oil, or Psionicist, but between the notes as well as the concept, I had to try it. And boy, am I happy I did because this has easily become my favorite BPAL so far.

In Bottle: Very strong mint and eucalyptus, but there is a significant and noticeable bit of earthiness and sweetness, presumably the Snake Oil. This is a perfect balancing act, the mint never becomes too astringent and the earthiness never becomes dirty. This is sublime.

On Skin: For about 10-15 seconds the patchouli in the Snake Oil really amps and has a tiny bit of funk, but very quickly fades and it gets back into balance. This comes off as a more SO-heavy blend to my nose as the vanilla, patchouli, and musk are definitely the stars of the show. But the mint, eucalyptus, and frankincense are excellent background singers whose presence is definitely known. This is a very round smell!

Dry Down: Eventually the mint fades and only a hint of eucalyptus holds on to the Snake Oil. This is a beautiful scent that is both sexy and sweet, with that fantastic earthy edge. I couldn't stop sniffing myself, and neither could my significant other. I've heard Snake Oil is something of an aphrodisiac, and now have evidence that this is true 😅 In the drydown this actually really reminds me of Angel by Mugler, but without the chocolate. Amazing ❤️

Wear Time & Throw: You could smell this on me all day, great throw hours 1-4, moderate throw hours 4-6, light throw hours 6-10, skin scent past that; but my clothes soaked this right up and I could smell it on them through to the next day

Minty vanilla Snake Oil with a whiff of blue musk. This one is a cooler SO variant. The mint sort of dissipates after application, and I'm left with a very heavy blue musk SO variant. Which if you love blue musk, love Snake Oil, or also like the impressions of peppermint patties, I'd give this a whirl. Medium throw and wear length.

I love this snek. :wub2: 

I let my bottle rest for a week before applying this to my left hand and Psionicist to my right. Psionicist is nice, but the Snake Oil combined with it takes it to a new level. The Snake Oil base seems to bring out Psionicist's white mint and eucalyptus more, and on me, the white mint never disappears, although it becomes lighter as the Snake Oil gains strength and Psionicist's blue musk comes out to play. By the end of the day, the Snake Oil's vanilla has emerged, so that it is mint-infused Snake Oil spices and vanilla on a bed of blue musk. It's a perfect summer snake. If you love Green Tree Viper, you'll probably love this one as well.

I'm so happy to have this one in my collection. :dance: 

Edited by doomsday_disco

I'm totally unfamiliar with Psionicist, but I absolutely love this Snake! It's crisp, summery, and just the right amount of Snake sweetening the chill of the mints and adding a layer of sugary vanilla (but not too much!) Truly what others have said - this is the perfect summer Snake.