Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

This is our 2021 house peace blend – a meditation and condition oil constructed to invoke tranquility, stillness, and silence.

Pax 2021 is a deep breath after a long terror, the first rays of dawn’s light after a long, shadowless night. While all is not resolved, we can at least begin unraveling our anxieties and sorrows in order to make space for healing.

Pax contains jasmine flowers and rose petals harvested from the TAL garden, pink lotus absolute, lavender oil, myrrh, and copal.

Oh. Oh my. 

I don't use or wear TAL oils generally just for the scent, so I'm perfectly okay when what it smells like doesn't totally appeal in the olfactory sense, because that's not the point. But sometimes there's overlap between form and function, and it's always just marvelous. I'm thinking of recent contributions like the new TAL Bounce and also old-time personal favorites like the Panacea oils, especially Safari and Succor. 

And now Pax 2021. The lotus and lavender and rose petals have combines to bring a kind of stillness to this gathering, a placidity, like standing at the edge of a serene and still body of water, no sounds but the occasional bird call and the quiet lapping of water at the shoreline. It's light, delicate and beautiful, but not fragile. Sometimes when we thing of "delicate" it can seem synonymous with "breakable" but if you think about tall, thin reeds that sway in a strong wind, or a weeping willow tree in its gracefulness, you'll start to get an idea of strength in delicacy. This oil is GROUNDING. In a way, frankly, that I wasn't sure that lavender could be (and I'm an old hand at using lavender for what ails me, especially in the anxiety department.)

This is exactly what it sets out to be- a deep breath after a long terror. And I welcome it with open arms. ❤️ 

Ooooh dear. I get these are more for ritual than perfume, but occasionally the notes lure me in  for purely olfactory reasons. Unfortunately, the TAL's rarely smell good on me, but this is a downright mess. 

Corn-chip-salty lavender, soapy rose, and stinky jasmine. It just turns even more awful and chemical on me as it sits. About 20 mins in, I think I might smell the pink lotus, which I was curious about, but I am curious no longer. 

The only way I'll be getting tranquility, stillness, and silence from this is if I asphyxiate. If this is peace, cry havoc, and let slip the dogs of war. 

If you want to meditate by fixating on an object of beauty then I would suggest this blend. 😍 The jasmine, rose, lotus and lavender together are a glorious jumble of floral notes. Easy to imagine oneself in a peaceful, fragrant garden oasis. So glad to have a bottle!

This makes me feel SO grounded too grounded, like my body is contracting in on itself to stay firmly placed or compressed. It was not a comfortable feeling, but it sure matched the intention of the oil being to create stillness in the home. I was packing at the time of trying it (Pax, lol) and so my mind and body were more about being active and productive than being still, which is probably why I had such a visceral reaction. Impressed.