Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  

Is it premature to release an oil of playfulness while we are still in the throes of [waves hands] all this shit? It might be, but the heavens know I need this oil so it’s going live in case you do, too.

This oil was constructed to bring lightheartedness, good humor, and bubbling high spirits. It can be worn as a perfume or used in rituals structured to remind you how to laugh, how to smile, how to have fun, and how to find enjoyment and satisfaction in small everyday delights. It can be used as an inspiration and creativity oil, or just to get your spark back.

Bounce contains orange blossoms harvested from the TAL garden, neroli, gum mastic, frankincense, vanilla bean, and carnation absolute.

Okay, so I usually don't wear TALs unless my intention aligns with the scent's purpose, but I will definitely be tempted to wear this one a lot just because it smells gorgeous. It's like an orange blossom creamsicle with some resinous quality from the frankincense and gum mastic (which will probably deepen with age, yum). The pink carnation is a little bubblegummy rather than spicy but adds to the cheerful nature of the scent. Dang, I may need a backup. 

Bounce is a giggling, euphoric, joyful, weightless ascent (no jarring sharpness of an actual impact). It is a celebration of pure uplift, of carefree sunbeams through puffy summer clouds. The intent is intensely positive, and the aroma is breathtakingly beautiful. If you love orange blossom, this oil will light up your whole heart. 

Bounce indeed! In this bottle this smells like sophisticated orange blossom bubblegum. On my skin it gets more sugary for a moment, but then settles a bit. Still sweet but not sugary. I can identify the carnation now, just a bit of spice and reminding me a lot of High Strung Daisies. This is the opposite of a lot orange blossom/neroli scents that I tend to go for, which are often dark, heady, and showcase the bitter edge neroli can have. This is sweet, bright, and bubbly. With the vanilla, frankincense and carnation thing going on it reminds me a tiny bit of Morocco. Maybe Morocco's young niece. 

Giddy, grownup, joyful orange creamsicles. That's my immediate hot take on this scent.

I've also been feeling that hope, that optimism of this time, and I definitely feel this oil encapsulates that feeling really well. I keep circling back to that first word, "giddy". It really just sent a jolt of giddiness through me! A lot of TAL scents tend to be a bit more subtle in how they take hold of me, but this is bubbling and effervescent, like laughter that simply can't be expressed. It's amazing. 

Oddly enough, I love this. Orange blossom often smells medicinal to my nose and has ruined many blends, but here it's pretty subdued. To me, this is a sophisticated bubble gum scent, and that doesn't sound like something I would be drawn to, and yet here we are. The main downside is that it is very low throw on me, but I need some joy in my life and this scent brings it. 

Wet, this smells exactly like sweetarts/sweet-tarts to me (particularly the orange ones, which they don't make anymore). As it dries the orange emerges more and the sweetness dies down a little, but it still smells sweetart-y. Very bright, fun, and cheerful - a bit too sweet for regular wear for me, but I do really enjoy it! This is definitely one of the sweetest and least-floral orange blossom scents I've tried, so I'd recommend it to someone who is usually hesitant about it or has found other perfumes containing it not to their liking.

I really can’t wear orange blossom. Applying this was a mistake — I need to keep its upbeat, orange blossom bubble gum carnival vibe for ritual use. As is often the case with components I don’t jive with, it lasts forever on me, and could even be perceived the next day after another blend has worn off. I will re-review when I’ve had a chance to assess its function (and I really need some bounce right now), but it does not work for me as perfume. 

Smells like orange gummi candy and orange lollipops with a little bit of warm, cozy spiciness (not a strong or distinct spice, but a warm and comforting essence) from the carnation and an undertone of creaminess and pink bubblegum.  It is sweet and cheerful (and long lasting on me).  It stays orange candy and pink bubblegum sweet even in the drydown, but more of the creamy blossom and creamy vanilla aspects come through over the hours.

A cheerful and sweet scent that I haven't actually worked with yet, though I probably should, because I've been very depressed lately and any little bit might help.

Not quite as sweet as I was expecting, but very bright and summery! I get a lot of orange blossom, neroli, and the resins from frankincense. Not as much vanilla as I was kind of hoping for, but it is definitely uplifting and bouncy and cheerful!