Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
zankoku_zen

Tomato & Cucumber

This is lovely - the cucumber dominated in the bottle but you get both notes on the skin. The tomato comes out more once it has dried properly. It's far more real tomato than tomato leaf on this one. It reminds me of another favourite, Planting Moon, but doesn't quite have the staying power..

In the decant I get fresh cool cucumber followed by a bit of an acidic tang. On my skin they are more in balance. The tomato is less acidic, more earthy and vegetal. Eventually the cucumber takes the lead on me again. It is a very true to life cucumber and tomato smell, a beautiful garden fresh scent. I tried it purely out of curiosity and I think I want a bottle now! 

I have a hard time specifically picking out the tomato in this, mainly because this is such a true-to-life cucumber note. Fresh, green, vegetal, just a little bitter. There's a slight acidity, but overall, this is fresh garden cucumber greenness throughout. As it wears on my skin, there's something that reminds me just a little of classic men's cologne, but don't let this put you off -- mostly it's making me wonder if cucumber is a note in said colognes. Debating a bottle so I can both wear this and make it into an atmo, because it would be an incredible summer room scent.

Cucumber fresh and heavy on wet, and as it dries you get a whiff of tomato leaf to me. Overall, this is very clean and green. Very cooling. Great for the summer. Average throw and wear length.

This is one of those blends that will be better now than aged. So use it up!

Wore this two days in a row.  It is very much a very fresh, realistic scent; getting more tomato stem/actual fresh tomatoes than tomato leaf.  Alas, it fades really quickly on me.

Mostly cucumber on me, cooling and watery with a mellow, smooth edge of greenery.  I love the smell of slicing fresh cucumbers.  The tomato on my skin is almost a tart, citrusy undertone.  I love the herbal smell of tomato leaf, but I don't get that spicy scent here.  Mostly a refreshing, cool cucumber.