Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
zankoku_zen

Rice Milk & Mango

Beautiful - delicate and mildly sweet, not strongly fruity. The rice milk makes Peach Vulva smell kinda like peach yogurt, and it has kind of the same effect here, but the rice is more detectable. Mango rice yogurt? I think this will be fantastic for layering with other gentle scents.

Delicate is a perfect word for this. In the bottle I get lots of creamy rice milk, lightly sweet, with just a hint of mango. On wet the mango gets very juicy and overtakes the rice milk for a moment. Dry it is more in balance. The rice milk is less creamy, more starchy (I mean this in the best way, it is something special about rice notes that I love). It reminds me a lot of The Moon Reflected in Every Rice Paddy, very floaty and ethereal. The mango melds into it and is transformed. If you're looking for a super drippy mango nectar scent this isn't it, but it is absolutely gorgeous and so complex. Medium throw on me.

Edited by roseus

I've had nothing but great experiences in the past both with the Lab's Single Note Mango and also their blends with Rice Milk in them, so I blind-bought not one but TWO bottles of this, so sure was I, that I'd love it.

And I REALLY REALLY DO!!! Sweet, delicate and lightly fruity, this combo does what many others do not do for me: it remains true to its components and at no point does it veer off into candy or plastic territory. If you have had good experiences with mango in particular, you know exactly what I'm talking about and will definitely want to add this to your collection.

This is 100% coming on vacation with me next week, because I KNOW I'll have many opportunities to wear it! 

PURE. WIN.

This is a very fragrant rice milk with hint of mango. In the bottle and wet on skin, the mango is so juicy and I wish it'd stick around a little longer. The rice milk stays creamy and mild. Good throw and wear. 

This is more foodie then fruity. The mango smells more like something you'd pipe into a pastry vs. fresh fruit. Something about this smells a little plasticy to me. I think it's a facet of the rice milk note which sometimes works for me, but isn't in this combo. It's not bad, and if the idea of a creamy mango pudding sort of smell floats your fancy, you'd probably like this. Not for me though. 

Expectation: Mango Lassi

Reality: Surprise! The Froot Stork paid you a visit! And they brought you a sweet baby mango nestled in a soft blanket of rice milk.

Very much a delicate fruit scent rather than a juicy, bright one. Soft mango and a creamy rice milk note -- even though it's not a super juicy mango note, it's not at all unlike what a ripe ataulfo mango smells like. It's a soft and pleasant fruit scent overall, but the creaminess threatens to go plasticky on me. That and the low throw and short-ish wear time will probably keep me from getting a full bottle, but I'll hold onto my decant.

Expectation: Mango sticky rice.

Reality: Vaguely coconutty rice bordering on sunscreen. Someone who ate a mango a while ago has breathed in my general direction.  The mango breath is fleeting, leaving me with sunscreen.

Gah this one is so good. Big juicy mango out of the bottle. A little delicate creaminess, barely there and nothing I would associate with rice milk. This smells like mango shampoo (nearly exactly like the conditioner bar I use) and it is so fruity fresh. Fun, bright, uncomplicated, happy. It reminds me of the 90s in a way I can't place right now. Like there was a hair product that everybody used that smells like this and it's giving me nostalgia (in a happy way). LA Looks, I think. Yeah lets go with that.

Fully dry, the rice milk comes out more and is similar to other reviews of mango rice and starch. So pretty. I layered this with Orange Blossom and Driftwood, brb, teleporting directly to the beach in 1993. 😎🌴🏖️

Rice Milk and Mango is, as others have said, more the milk than the mango.

Delicate rice milk wafts up, just warmed and made spring-like by a little glow of golden fruit.

Pretty and I would bottle this if I didn't still have the rice milk with pear in a bottle of Kitten with a Shamisen.

Lovely spring/summer scent. I love the rice milk, it adds just the right amount of creaminess and delicacy to the sweet, bright mango. A happy, cheering blend. 

Fruity milk. This smells like fruity rice milk. The mango is an overlay over the milky rice. Medium throw and wear length.

This makes me crave sticky rice with mango. If you wanted that in a perfume (sans the coconut), this is it. Medium throw and wear length.

This is so soft and pretty! It's exactly what it says it is - creamy rice milk, and sweet mango. It's a light warm scent, more milky than mango, though the mango is present, just very soft and cuddly. Low throw on me, but I keep wanting to sniff that arm, over and over. If this scent were a mango pudding, I'd absolutely be devouring it. I feel like it's a springtime sort of scent, but it'll be nice for summer too, when it's too hot for something heavy!

I think this is my favorite single note / simple mix ever (next to my hoard of Bulgarian and French Tobaccos, of course).  I love it so much that I ordered two backup bottles already. When I first got it in the mail, the mango had a delicate, clean scent to it that reminded me of sweet mango scented shampoo and luscious, lightly sweet, super creamy rice milk.  After letting it settle for a couple weeks, though, it has lost that shampoo edge and is sticky, ripe, juicy mango slices swimming in a chilled, sweet, creamy dream.  The other bpal blends I've had with rice milk, the rice milk faded fast under other, heavier notes, but this is strong rice milk and ripe mango.  I don't usually enjoy fruity scents unless they're very creamy and vanillic, but this is all sorts of sweet, juicy and creamy.  It's wonderful and feels like you're smelling an actual dessert; it has a natural and refreshing vibe to it.  It's been a summer staple for me.

I'm getting cool rice milk with a touch of ripe, non-candy like mango. It's the same rice milk from Rendezvous with Her Love Behind the Rice Straws, but with mango instead of hay. I think this smells nice, but I wish it weren't as soft on me and that I got more mango along with the rice milk.

I'll keep the decant, but I don't need to upgrade to a bottle of this one.

First review in YEARS probably but I needed to share the absolute strangeness of Rice Milk and Mango. One of my favorite desserts of all time is sticky sweet rice and mango and I was expecting this to be a creamy/sweet version of that. But this perfume surprisingly smells like a warmed tropical vanilla with a similar vibe to antique lace. There is NOTHING in the bottle that should make it smell like this on so I attribute it to really wonky skin chemistry. But it may be one of my favorite bpals of all time?? I …I don’t understand. But if you like softly sweet fragrances, I’d give this one a try! 

Definitely agree with others that this is more creamy rice milk than mango. Almost reminds me of a fruity cereal, but like the kind made with real fruit or even a smoothie/smoothie bowl. Mango does get stronger with time, but it still remains a mostly milky scent.

If the mango was stronger, this would have been a favorite. It's still good don't get me wrong, but I wish the rice milk wasn't as strong.

Sweet, creamy, fruity and a little tropical.  IF the Lab's cream notes disagree with you (specifically, turn to plastic), you might find that happening here.  For me it is borderline plasticky from the rice milk but overall it's a nice sweet creamy scent.  This was a nice contrast to some of the slightly soapy or woody scents I've been testing this week.  I agree that it's happy and cheery, might be great on a dreary winter day to transport you to warmer happier thoughts.

The mango smells more like perfumey mango skin than juicy mango. I think it blends beautifully with the slightly perfumey rice milk. A little creamy, but not fatty or sweet. Really smells true to rice milk! I get a little coconut coming out somewhere too but I like coconut so no complaints. Glad I gave this a try.