Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
zankoku_zen

Blue Cypress & Haitian Vetiver

Straight out of the mailbox, this is bitter and woody, with an underpinning of something kinda piney, kinda medicinal. I double checked what blue cypress smells like, and the second descriptive word is medicinal! This is like an aromatic bitter that you'd put in your cocktail, or a funky alcoholic botanical that you'd find in Eastern Europe. The vetiver is smooth, not scorched or vegetal, but it is definitely second fiddle to the cypress in this blend. Definitely very bitey, and I am not sure if this is something that will calm down with time.

Very sharp and sappy. After seeing it described above as an aromatic in a cocktail, I totally agree. I'm liking this a lot for summertime, it's refreshing in this muggy Louisiana heat.  

Salty wood. As it dries, I get more of the smoky dark vetiver lurking in the background, but its mainly a cypress blend on me. Very gender-neutral to masculine. Medium throw and wear length.

Yes, this IS the cool, "muggy hot weather must have" that you have been looking for.  In the bottle:  Sweet, almost floral yet still resinous cypress with the tiniest wisp of what may or may not be saltwater?  On, wet:  Very uplifting cypress as the resin side develops a bit, but still stays light and sweet on the skin.  Drydown:  Only after total drydown, like several hours, does the vetiver even bother to show up as a dryish background note, almost borderline smoky.  The cypress floats along on top of that almost like a conifer incense after a long time.  Low throw but very good staying power on me.

I'm back because I have to say I have become OBSESSED with this. It scratches some itch I didn't know I even had, I cravvvvve it!

It's worked it's way into my top 5. This duet has made me inclined to pay them much more attention, honestly I kind of always run past them to get to the complex sweeties - well, spank my bottom, lesson learned!

I love this! It starts out all cypress, but the vetiver keeps it from going sweet like evergreens often do on me. The two notes find a fragile balance but eventually the later drydown is almost all vetiver. Very outdoorsy and gender neutral. It paired beautifully with my Earth bath oil that I’m almost out of. Only average wear length.