Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
zankoku_zen

Black Pepper & Pink Grapefruit

This one is odd. It starts off as grapefruit but as it dries, it get spicier and drier, and after a while the citrus note disappears and I'm left with a citrusy pepper. Medium throw and wear length.

I got next to no pepper from this, all grapefruit. That being said, I appreciated that you get the bitter pith scent alongside the juicy fruit, which keeps the grapefruit from being too sweet and elevates it from your standard drugstore grapefruit splash kind of thing. I'll still wear this one, but maybe layered with something more herbal. 

I really like this one, but I really like grapefruit. It's mostly grapefruit on me, but I do find that the pepper adds to the sharpness and freshness of the citrus.

In the decant and on, this is a fresh, juicy grapefruit with a hint of black pepper. The pepper reads as more dry and soft than spicy to me, and counterbalances the sweetness of the grapefruit a bit. Overall, a nice citrus scent that doesn't get too loud or too sweet. Unfortunately, the wear time is super short on me -- it's gone within two hours -- so I'll probably stick with just a decant of this.