Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
zankoku_zen

Worm Moon 2021

This year’s iteration of Worm Moon is a moist, writhing splort of white grapefruit, coconut meat, wet white amber, squishy pink fruits, cistus, and ruddy labdanum protruding through a moondust-dappled mound of white musk, iris absolute, white sandalwood, and ti leaf.

I like this more every time i wear it. Lots of pink fruit and coconut in the bottle. The fruit lays back, and it becomes coconut and earth on me. The first couple of times I wore it, it quickly died. However, wearing it yesterday, it stayed relatively strong and lasted several hours.

It's a good hot season fragrance, and I'm happy I bought it.

I got a slink of this on a whim because I was curious about the fruits in this one, and I'm really loving it! It's a lot of grapefruit and the pink fruits in the bottle and when wet, the coconut in the background. It dries down to be a tropical earthy scent on me with good throw and wear time. Wondering how this will age...

In the decant, I get lots of pink fruity and citrus notes with a hint of coconut. The coconut amps up on me, taking the scent into tropical territory, with a hint of powderiness from the sandalwood. Unfortunately, this one fades super fast on me. Probably can skip a full bottle of this, but I'll keep my decant for warm-weather wear.

I was a bit worried ordering this when I saw no one had reviewed it, but the notes involved made it seem like a great hot weather scent so I took a chance.  People are sleeping on this one!  A very bright, pink citrusy scent, with the coconut adding a nice, summery edge and the amber, sandalwood, and white musk making it more grounded and earthy with just a hint of dirt.  It's almost like someone took the citrusy brightness of Bitches Love Unicorns and replaced the candy with coconutty beach sand, if that makes any sense at all.  Fades a bit quick on me, but still a fantastic summer scent.

Super sweet and juicy pink in the decant, with a bit of creamy coconut. On my skin the coconut is the star, with the grapefruit and other fruits following behind shortly. Bright and sweet, but no longer candy sweet. As it dries I get more amber and sandalwood. Such a cheerful scent! I was a bit worried about the iris as that note turns on me often, but I'm not picking up on it. 

My first moon purchase! I'm so happy with this. I'm obsessed with the art, I'm thinking I need to buy my first BPAL shirt. This is so tropical and dreamy without being too cloying or too sweet. Everything is so well-blended and working beautifully together. Agree on the pinkness and smooth coconut. Definitely a happy, summertime scent. It is a fairly quick fader on me, hoping that will improve or I'll just start tossing my bottle in my purse for throughout the day. Big love for Worm Moon. 

This has a bright, sugary citrus similar to the recent releases Meigetsu Ya and Erotic Sake Bowl, but the other notes bring in more complexity.  The grapefruit's juicy, and front and center at first, but the labdanum, amber, sandalwood, and cistus give this a warm, incensey undertone, and the iris adds a touch of floral.  The white musk adds a haze, but doesn't go into soap or dryer sheets territory.  Between that, the amber, and the sandalwood, there's a gentle powderiness to the scent.  After dry down, the overall effect is a warm, glowing, grapefruit, recognizable, but richer an less juicy than the other two offerings.  I could see wearing this one even in winter.  

None of the brighter citrus scents have lasted on me more than 4 hours, at least not with their recognizable juiciness.  This one seems to be lasting better than the others though, and hopefully, as the resins age, they'll help to further stabilize the sent.  I'm dithering on whether to grab a bottle.  

If you like Meigetsu and Erotic Sake Bowl, and none of the notes listed in Worm Moon scare you, it's well worth a try.  It's a distant cousin, related, but plenty going on to make it unique.

Edited by VetchVesper

Grapefruit, milky coconut, and amber musk on me. This one codes as "milky fruits" to me, and its both oddly tropical and not at the same time. Fruitier than I expected, creamier than I expected. Medium throw and wear length. Surprise sleeper hit if you ask me.

The wet stage is so fun: a juicy pink grapefruit but it's giving me peach rings at times, a very gummy candy resemblance. The coconut comes through in a couple minutes: not completely suntan lotion smelling but the closest blend I can compare the coconut in here to is Cat-Lilith and Cat-Dad. I also get a little of the "squishy pink fruits": to my nose it smells like strawberry and raspberry.

Around an hour, that sugary candy scent fades to a musky coconut amber. I can smell traces of that grapefruit in the background, but this time the coconut is more strong. A little floral too, but not overpowering. 

I like it! I do prefer the wet stage, but the dry down is very lovely too. It's a nice summer blend and the label art is so cool too.

This is soo yummy! I opened it as the first bottle fresh out of the box I received today.

It's juicy pink grapefruit on the forefront and a nutty coconut in the background (think of coconut oil, not a candy coconut).

It's sugary sweet with a light sharp sourness peeking thorugh.

Hmm, this blend becomes a bit flat during drydown. I can detect a sweet fruity scent with a light musk underneath - but that's it.

I will re-test this later when it has aged a little to see if the coconut and musk have become stronger.

I also wish the sandalwood would appear to give this a dusty finish. But we'll see. :)

Wore this two days in a row, it's summer fruits in a bottle!  In the bottle:  I'm getting a blast of SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEET pink grapefruit and maybe some stone fruit, with fresh coconut water washed on everything.  On, wet:  Getting some soft woodiness, and little peeps of some kind of green leaf, but still very fruity and sweet.  Drydown:  A bit of the musk comes out but this really stays a fruit bomb on me, in the best way, until it fades down.  Good throw but alas short wear length.