Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

An electric howl of dazzling spring blossoms; a rabid cacophony of bright, alluring, dew-splattered wildflowers streaked with lightning-white vegetal musk. An oil of youth, beauty, treachery, and liberation.

Ooh  when they wrote "electric howl of dazzling spring blossoms" they weren't kidding! In the vial I get a sharp green scent, almost peppery. Something very reminiscent to one of the notes within Queen Mab's Lace and within the 2019 Pink Moon vial I have .Poppy perhaps? or maybe crushed grass or maybe its Carnation? Its hard to tell. The most prominent of the flower notes I get though is Lily, with Lilac and Freesia right along side it and the musk. On application its a very clean floral scent. I want to say its the musk that gives it this sense. A little goes a long way because its very potent fresh but it tends to fade rather quickly too unfortunately. When I compare the scent on my skin to that of the bottle wet its much more fresh and lush while on the skin it mellows down. I want to say there is Narcissus too that comes out as it dries and maybe perhaps a touch of Orris too? Its absolutely beautiful though and if you looking for a clean/ freshly out the shower type floral I recommend this!

Very brightly floral, like cracked flower stems, on first application. On the the skin it really blooms and I believe the white musk adds depth and sweetness. It’s very pretty, although reminiscent of funeral flowers when sniffed in the bottle. I bought this one last minute after originally opting for two others from the Spiritus collab (Osculum Infame and Hexentanz). I’m glad I picked it up, as I believe this one is, surprisingly, my favorite. This is exactly the kind of floral scent I love. 

Seeing my Mom for the first time today after her awful diagnosis.  Had to keep it together today, so reached for this bottle as it sounded so uplifting.  It IS.  In the bottle:  Very fresh, green, cut wildflowers.  On, wet:  A sort of incredibly vibrant, humming, ALIVE green musk starts to buzz up.  Drydown:  Powerful floral green notes stay, along with an "after whiff" from a distance of an almost green leather/oil musk.  When I hugged Mom after getting out of the car, she said "Ooooh you smell SO GOOD--I dunno, smoky but not really?  Musk?"  She really liked it, which made me very happy and helped me get through the day.

This is so lovely. It's a melange of floral notes that are very well blended, but among them, I can pick out dandelion, honeysuckle, and freesia. The wildflowers from Venus Verticordia are here, but there are also other floral notes that make me think of Muse of Fire minus the sugar. I believe the musk and freesia in this are the same from Butterflies, Flowers, and Jewels Attending, and the one from Ava minus the vanilla. If you like any of the above fragrances, I definitely recommend checking this one out. It starts off like realistic velvety petals in a florist's fridge mixed with some from a meadow and ends up morphing into commercial perfume territory as the musk and freesia come out more with wear.

I think the decant will be enough for me, because this isn't a scent that should be slathered -- but I wish I had bought a bottle for my mom! She would love this.

Edited by doomsday_disco

It definitely opens up as green stems and flowers snapped and bleeding sap from the force of May rainsqualls: a white floral with the freshness of rained-out air, as well as that greenness to balance out the cleanliness of the scent. It's very pure.

It dries down to an interestingly...hollow-feeling, slightly soapy white flower-and-musk combination on me. Like there's a hole in the middle of the scent, somehow. Like the glamorous lady in the woods turning around to reveal her hollowed back...Is that the treachery?

I like the opening, the end is baffling. I'm probably gonna destash this one, as I prefer darker notes in tandem with my whites, and I would have liked more electric intrigue to this, but I'm glad to have tried it!

This is a fragrant bunch of wild flowers. Its fresh, flowery and very much smells like a meadow. Great throw and wear length.

This one surprised me by how much I liked it! I agree with Threemoons that there is a definite humming of bright alive flowers. The mix of flowers is quite lovely but there is definitely some danger in the background. I was tempted to keep this scent but I just don't reach for florals often enough. A really awesome scent!

Edited by she's a carnival

I wore The Queen of May on my birthday, and it is without question a scent of the riotous pageantry of blooms flourishing madly, an exuberant brightness of petals every shade of the spectrum, primrose and poppy, cornflower and calendula, lilac and lily are a few that I envision but it could be all or none of them! Florals delicate, milky, and sweet as well as earthy, green, and bitter, they could have hallucinogenic or aphrodisiac qualities, or they could have a soporific effect and induce the most beautiful dreams of flower-crowned celebrations and dizzying Maypole dances. Beneath these flower’s roots, as the fragrance unfolds on the skin, is a heart note echoing with the whispers of dried bouquets and a phantom whiff of marshmallow musk.