Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

A balm for the soul, this is an oil that assists in healing the acute lacerations of sorrow and loss that both cut and calcify our hearts. Angelica essential oil and root, carrot seed oil, lavender essential oil and bud, Roman chamomile essential oil and chamomile harvested

from the BPAL garden, vetiver root and oil, neroli essential oil, organic Italian bergamot essential oil, and white vegetal musk.

This smells like a classic perfume, lavender-focused with brightness from the berg. My nose is reminded of violet, prob misinterpreting the lavender+angelica. It's slightly sweet, the vetiver is mellow. Very pretty with big silage.

Tested this out during the roller coaster this past week of the chauvin verdict followed immediately by the heartbreaking execution of Ma'khia Bryant. I don't know what I expected(would i wallow in sadness?), but the experience was surprisingly gentle and grounding, comforting, calming. It's been weirdly helpful for me in the mornings kicking away grogginess and being present going about my day.

Such a lovely and complex scent.  In the bottle:  Intensely herbal oil note; mostly the angelica and carrot seed.  On, wet:  Opens up into a dry, herbaceous, hot blend--almost like a very complex herbal tisane mix, dried.  Surprisingly, not getting any of the citrus/vetiver/bergamot notes; it's all a whirling blend of hot herby dryness.  Drydown:  I'm left with a warm herby skin musk kind of thing, with a bit of a salty note on top of the warmth.  

Fresh in the bottle, its very herbal at first whiff with the scent I get the strongest being that of the carrot seed. I also get subtle hints of the Bergamot that come and go but the carrot seed scent is what is the most prominent for me. I agree with Threemoons, it smells very much like a dry tisane mix. On the skin wet however the lavender comes out more but it blends very well with the carrot seed. The vetiver is very subtle but its there, as well as the sweetness of the chamomile and something else I am not familiar with that I think may be the angelica.  As it begins to dry the herbal smell from the start begins to morph into something more aquatic smelling that I think the neroli is contributing to. It begins to become almost a bit cologney maybe the musk is the one causing it. 

I really like this scent. Its very relaxing and calming and almost makes me feel comforted which I believe is its exact intended purpose as a "balm for grief". Very beautiful, very elegant in a sort of sad somber way.  

Edited by Fefi

Had to let mine age a bit before I left a comment. The few times I've worn it I smelled carrot seed mostly, with a faint lavender. However, I applied it today, giving it a good swirl first to mix up those oils. Wow, this is so musky & feminine! Very far throw, intense when applied. Haha I think I should have used a bit less. It has so many scents in it that blend together nicely, but right now I feel like I'm in a Victorian powder room or fainting room; Elegant & full of flower bouquets, luxurious perfumes being sprayed. I'm in love with this thought/impression.

Edited by Rane.
*stinkin typo again

This is really beautiful and feminine. Mature but not in the least bit "old lady". Very medicinal in the bottle but truly morphs on the skin. I smell the neroli and carrot seed oil the strongest with a little bergamot and lavender in the background. I can't smell the camomile but can almost feel it in this scent anyway. There's also something vaguely aquatic about it. It gives me a visual of a sad, beautiful woman in a sort of white flowing dress wading in a calm ocean. The smell of waves breaking over her skin! Overall, a calming, soft, floral aquatic scent.