Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
coffin.baby

LOVE The Antikythera Mechanism, any suggestions?

I got The Antikythera Mechanism in my first imp order and I'm sure it'll be my first bottle purchase. I have yet to find any other scents that I love as much as this one. The teakwood and tobacco are the notes that really get me, but the warmth of the blackened vanilla is what makes it the sweet woody scent that I love. 

I'd love some suggestions for perfumes in the same vein!

Disclaimer: I don't have Antikythera Mechanism on hand, so I can't test to compare.

That being said, I remember Antikythera Mechanism reminding me a bit of Lyonesse. Different, but in a similar broad family to my nose. Lyonesse is more vanilla forward than AM though from what I remember.

I get a sweet woodsy blend from Odin, too, but I don't know how old my imp is and how that's influencing the smell. 

If you want to look for some of the notes in AM specifically and haven't checked out the directory on the website yet, I suggest poking around. Great way to find perfumes that have specific notes that you're looking for! There's plenty of tobacco, woods, and vanilla throughout the catalogue.

On 3/10/2021 at 2:59 PM, coffin.baby said:

I got The Antikythera Mechanism in my first imp order and I'm sure it'll be my first bottle purchase. I have yet to find any other scents that I love as much as this one. The teakwood and tobacco are the notes that really get me, but the warmth of the blackened vanilla is what makes it the sweet woody scent that I love. 

I'd love some suggestions for perfumes in the same vein!

I've now learned from @Lucchesa that there's a pumpkin spice version of antikythera mechanism. May be worth checking out for you @coffin.baby!

On 3/20/2021 at 5:12 PM, deadlyves said:

Disclaimer: I don't have Antikythera Mechanism on hand, so I can't test to compare.

That being said, I remember Antikythera Mechanism reminding me a bit of Lyonesse. Different, but in a similar broad family to my nose. Lyonesse is more vanilla forward than AM though from what I remember.

I get a sweet woodsy blend from Odin, too, but I don't know how old my imp is and how that's influencing the smell. 

If you want to look for some of the notes in AM specifically and haven't checked out the directory on the website yet, I suggest poking around. Great way to find perfumes that have specific notes that you're looking for! There's plenty of tobacco, woods, and vanilla throughout the catalogue.

I'm intrigued by Lyonesse and Odin now, they definitely weren't on my wishlist prior. Thank you for the suggestions!

I've already perused all notes in the directory that I love from AM, I just know that sometimes similar smells/vibes come from the blends you least expect!

Some others to try:

Voodoo

Port Royal

Dee

Bow & Crown of Conquest

Black Tower