Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
zankoku_zen

Vaginal Tales of the Nocturnal Palace

I knew there had to be something creamy in it. I tend to forget the notes after ordering. Anyways, this is such a beautiful scent. It's grounded, somewhat flowery, & the mallow + vanilla cream is so complementary to the blue lotus & lotus root. My wife loves it, & i plan to let her have it.

Vaginal Tales of the Nocturnal Palace is a beautiful lotus scent. The lotus isn't bubblegum, nor is it aquatic. It's simply delicate and beautiful. For lovers of lotus, this is a must. The vanilla cream and mallow works wonders with it. It's delicate and dainty and creamy lotus. If you love light florals and ethereal scents, I’d recommend. What's not to love?

For a delicate scent, it surprisingly has a lot of lasting power. Admittedly I spilled a tiny bit while applying but it lasts longer than most oils tend to last on my skin. Definitely keeping this.

Edited by Kanra

In the bottle: Delicate pink-blue lotus. 

Wet on my skin: Stronger pink-blue, creamy lotus and mallow. It's a bit reminiscent of Poor Monkey for a minute there.

Dry: If you liked Minamoto No Yorimasa and the Lotus Flower and/or Poor Monkey, you're probably going to like this. Creamy, sweet, delicate lotus and mallow, and just a poof of amber powder. It's a very pastel blue and pink scent, and despite being soft and delicate, is actually fairly strong in terms of throw. Not overpowering, but you're definitely going to have clouds of poofy, creamy lotus and mallow making themselves known to you and anyone around you whenever you move. The lotus ends up *very* slightly on the floral shampoo side, but only if you get in pretty close and take a big sniff. Soft, lovely, creamy-sweet. Just a beautiful scent, and I'm glad I have a bottle. ❤️ 

Edit: 9 days later, this has had time to settle a bit and it's even better! And I came to a realization. After this has been on for a while, it mellows a little into something that smells reasonably like a bowl full of Lucky Charms marshmallows soaking in milk. Not the cereal, just the marshmallows after they've had time to soften and melt a little into the milk, sweetening it. 

Edited by DiesMali

In the bottle this smells very soft and creamy and marshmallowy. Having been thus deceived, I slathered and promptly got backhanded across the face by lotus. 

Thus far, this has a tendency to stab the old temples a bit if I take a deep whiff of it (which I have done repeatedly since slathering, because I don’t learn). But it wants to settle down into sweet creamy poofiness. If I stop masochistically huffing it for a minute and let it get comfy, I imagine it’ll fade into something quite pretty.   

30 min later edit: I was right.

Edited by sailthetethys

Oh, mm. Creamy pink and blue lotus. Soft, cushiony, billowing floof-pillows of creamy marshmallow pink and blue lotus.

When I saw @DiesMali's review, I thought I might be in trouble here, because Poor Monkey is much in my wheelhouse. And, actually, pretty much every part of that review is summing up my experience with this one, right down to the Lucky Charms milk soak.

That phrase about lip colors: "My lips but better"? This is "my Lucky Charms but better."

The one drawback is that Vaginal Tales becomes quite strongly musky-perfumey on me in drydown. I will need to tread more lightly in the application of this one next time, even if the opener is divine. Heed ye the reviews: This one packs a punch.

Thankfully, the musk-blask eventually relaxes, leaving behind a less overwhelming beauty.

This one was the one Luper I blind bottled from the update. But I should have gone the decant route.

I thought that this would be a win for me because Volcano in Springtime has lotus root (which didn't turn to bubblegum on me) and Venus Caelestis works for me with its blue lotus. But I guess the two together result in TOO MUCH LOTUS for me. It's pink and dainty, and not quite bubblegum, but it is still very sweet. It's backed by the vanilla cream, with the mallow really blooming after several hours of wear and making this a floofy pink scent. I'm reminded of Mavis' outfit from Fairy Tail, but if it had more frills. :P The white amber is not a main player here, but I think it helps ground the other notes and add a perfume-y quality to the scent to keep it from becoming too cloying.

I don't dislike this, and maybe it will be a winner with more rest, but for now, I keep thinking I'd rather bypass the lotus and get straight to the vanilla cream and mallow... which means I should just wear Stekkjarstaur.

I really wasn't sure what Lotus or Lotus petals would smell like, but I got a decant since I love Amber, Mallow, and vanilla cream. Well, I'm loving this. It's creamy and warm, floral without being screechy. It's actually reminding me of my favorite undertones in Poinsettia Gown, minus that one's strong jasmine. Vaginal Tales is absolutely lovely and I think I may upgrade to a full bottle. 

Given that I like Poinsettia Gown and this is very similar, but with lotus instead of rose and jasmine, I knew I'd enjoy this. It's not as in-your-face or floral as Poinsettia Gown; the lotus is a little aquatic-ish at the beginning, but quickly melds into the fluffy mallow and cream notes. And like . . . okay, I love these blue lotus energy drinks that are basically like cream soda with berry-lotus flavoring and whipped cream on top, and this smells just like one. So if that sounds good to you, or you wanted something like Ponsettia Gown without the loud jasmine, or you missed out on past marshmallowy offerings and want something similar, I'd certainly recommend this. My only sadness is that this doesn't have much throw on me after the initial lotusy blast.

Creamy pale purple lotus swirled mallow, and when I say mallow, this is literally creamy like snarfing on candy marshmallows. I could wallow in a pan of marshmallows flavored like this. It is yummy and creamy yet not in an overly gourmand way. During the pandemic lockdown, I got hooked on this ice cream that tastes exactly like this. We called it "unicorn poop" so I kinda want to rename this :umm:cause if you were galavanting through the forest, and came upon piles of horned horsey poo, I could imagine it smelling this way. POOF! you're a fairy, i'm a fairy, We are all magical fairies! 

i wasn't sure about lotus, it's one of those notes that sometimes works better than others but is never terrible on me, but i love creamy florals and that's why i wanted to try it. at first i get the lotus and vanilla cream. it's very soft, then i get amber and mallow later, which just adds more depth and creaminess but doesn't change the scent all that much. i really like this one a lot but it so soft on me that i probably will not spring for a bottle. i think this may be a good bedtime perfume.

In the imp it's a vanilla marshmallow with something herbal (I suspect lotus root?) grounding the scent and keeping the sweetness in check a bit. On my skin it's a fluffy floral confection. Very airy and creamy. The lotus blends beautifully with the vanilla and marshmallow. After awhile the lotus root comes back to ground the scent a bit. Another jewel in BPAL's fabulous marshmallow crown!

oof, this one is too sickly sweet for me. very girly, very pretty.

i couldn't try it on my skin - too too too sweet for me. 

The white amber is quite powdery, the lotus gives off the sweet, pink bubblegum scent that it always has on my skin, and the vanilla cream makes the scent creamy, but not overly sweet for me.  I think I wanted more gourmand vanilla & marshmallow, but this is still pretty and a keeper for me.  There's something chilled about this scent that makes me think of standing out in a meadow on a brisk spring morning.  It has a clean feel, but isn't soapy, and the powder and sweetness are like a woolly sweater in the cold.  It reminds me of scents like The Girl and Pediophobia.

I'd never bought anything with lotus or lotus root before, but I like mallow and vanilla cream - jasmine doesn't work well on me, so I can't do Poinsettia Gown, so I was curious about this!

In the bottle and wet: creamy sweet flower petals? Not FLORAL-floral, but like...the scent of petals on the wind, by a sugary lake, or something like that.

After about twenty minutes: oh, that's pretty! sweet vanilla cream with floral confectionery fluff - like some sort of sugared or candied petals atop the cream. The petals do read as 'blue or green' to my nose - that is, it's not a pink or red or warm hue at all. I like it, though I'm not *in love* with it, but it's a delicate creamy-floral-sweet spring/summer scent, I think. Low throw, but so far it's lasted several hours!

Awesome Husband: "it's very...clean?" He has no idea of the artwork... 😄

I initially screened out this scent for testing because amber is so fickle on my skin, and lotus can lean heavily aquatic. But I kept checking reviews and finally decided to splurge, and man, I’m glad I did. This is mostly creamy mallow on my skin, and it’s the perfect combination of subtle and long-lasting. So! Good!

Very spring/summer-like in its aquatic lotus floral mixed with sweet creamy marshmallow. I’d say the marshmallow in this makes it a poofier scent than Cherry Blossom Vulva, for example. The lotus is slightly high pitced but settles nicely. Very baby blue.

This scent is very sweet and bubble gummy to me. I like it but its not the kind of scent I usually go for nor reach for very often. I still enjoy it though and keep it for this reason. What I get the most of is the Lotus and marshmallow and cream. I get little whiffs here and there of the lotus root which is sort of earthy and well.. rooty smelling which I feel helps keep this scent from becoming too sweet. 

I decided to wear this today in celebration of the Luper update. I forgot how beautiful it is! It has aged really nicely after almost a year. The lotus is such a beautiful grounded floral and pairs perfectly with the vanilla cream. I'm glad I bought a bottle last year.

Vaginal Tales is such a luper.  Soft, sweet, creamy, with poofy mallow and bubble-gummy lotus.  Pink pink pink!  OK, maybe there are some other pastel tones here too.  It toys with the edge of cloyingly sweet but never teeters over.  Pillowy pink powderpuff of a fragrance; wear with a frilly skirt and fluffy kitten-heel slippers.