Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
zankoku_zen

Travelers Under a Tree Observed by Foxes

Really refreshing and light combination of bright, white-feeling scents, that coconut giving it a beachy feel to me, and I think this will be great for summer.

Travelers Under a Tree is an utterly delicate and lovely white tea with a delicate and lovely rice milk. It's lightly sweet – kind of like a coconut milk sweetness — and also turns a little astringent on my skin after a bit.

In drydown, the white tea becomes softer and the rice milk comes out more.

Light, simple, delicate, and probably suitable for office wear.

Delicate coconut rice milk. It's very subtle, very coconutty, very milky. Strangely demure but highly sophisticated.  Medium throw and wear length.

A yummy Thai milk boba tea shop experience. I absolutely LOVE the beginning stages, the coconut is sweet, mixed with a crystalline tea. The rice milk is delectable and makes it creamy and divine. Interestingly enough,  after some drydown time, it all turns to playdoh. A sweeter kind of doh, but yah, that's what it reminds me of, which I could see some people really enjoying. This would be interesting to test out to see other people's reactions. I bet they wouldn't be able to place it, yet it could give them happy, bubble tea youthful feelings. 

Edited by Jenjin

This is a very pretty and delicate milky coconut scent. The white tea adds some extra non-gourmand complexity and slight astringency, but it never goes loud. It reminds me a little bit of Lush's Furze perfume, but with more of a "white" aspect from the rice milk and tea. It has a summery feel to it, but I could also see this working in situations where you might want a more low-key scent. The only real drawback is the relatively short wear time (I needed to reapply around midday).

this is so pretty. this starts with mostly white tea with hints of the rice milk and coconut, then the rice milk gets stronger. the tea is light and sparkling and the rice milk is soft and grounding-it's kind of a mingling of opposites. after the drydown it's mostly a milky coconut scent. nice, soft, comforting. i think this would be a nice relaxing bedtime perfume.

This reminds me of an south east asian rice desert. On my skin, it has wonderfully slightly toasted vibe of milky rice coconut goodness. 

Very well put-together. Perfectly smooth blend right on application and doesn't morph. Doesn't scream coconut, if you were on the fence. Just a light, elegant smell. I wear it to work and my scent-sensitive coworker loves it. 

ETA reminds me a lot of First Mate. 

Edited by ND¢

I threw a decant of Travelers in with my order on a whim, and then it became the one I was most excited to try over the wait time....

Starts out delightfully fresh from the white tea, yet also sweet and creamy. The tea disappeared quickly on me :cry: and the remaining coconut and rice milk was a too subtle sheen, almost watered-down for me to fully appreciate.
If the white tea had lasted, I feel like it would have been a perfect summertime scent! The notes are really lovely together, so I’m sure plenty of people will enjoy this blend. Maybe I’ll age the decant and revisit. 

This one starts off strong on the white tea and creamy rice milk. The bright white tea note doesn't disappear on me, but it is softened by the rice milk over time, and the bit of coconut husk with the rice milk makes it seem more lotion-like to me. It isn't too coconut-y, but it does stay close to the skin.

I'm glad I got to try this one, but it is a little too soft for me.

Edited by doomsday_disco

Okay, this one is unfortunate for me - it's the same coconut that gave me such problems in Leave Her Johnny - but it's very fortunate for those who enjoyed the Coconut, Smoked Vanilla, and Fig trio and want something in the same vein. Travelers has the same smoky vanilla mood from the rice milk, with a faint white tea clarity in the background, but really what is the most striking here - for me - is the coconut, which is that big poofy ampy coconut from the trio. Quite sweet and full-bodied, and a total disaster on my skin, but perfect if you do enjoy those two that I mentioned and want a Shunga that has those same vibes, with a little more twist of Shunga rice milk/white tea mood. 

Starts out very coconutty for me...sweet vanilla coconut with an almost floral note (the white tea?). As it dries, the "hello, it's coconut!" note softens and pulls back, leaving a sheen of sweet milky/vanilla/coconut close to the skin. Very delicate and light. 

On 7/4/2021 at 12:31 AM, elnajay said:

Starts out very coconutty for me...sweet vanilla coconut with an almost floral note (the white tea?). As it dries, the "hello, it's coconut!" note softens and pulls back, leaving a sheen of sweet milky/vanilla/coconut close to the skin. Very delicate and light. 

This sums up my experience with a slight departure. I thought it would be a gentle, milky coconut experience but on me, the coconut smelled almost astringent (maybe that's the white tea in the background)? After about 10 minutes the coconut fades and it's a very faint coconut with a tiny bit of milky-ness. It's very light and delicate and does stay close to the skin, fading quickly. I would say after about 20 minutes I don't smell it at all. I'll still keep it even with the edgy coconut beginnings!

this wasn't in my top picks at first, but once i tried wearing it, the scent gets stuck in my head. really lovely. plus i love foxes.

light, pleasant, calming. not "too light" of a scent to disappear in my skin chemistry though. 

a keeper for my collection!

I was worried that the white tea would be too dominant because it often is too astringent for me and tends to have a sharp, lemony scent to it.  The white tea is nice here, though, wafting in and out of the creamy, chilled, beautiful rice milk in this clean, refreshing way.  I expected the coconut husk to be more dark and woody, but I get a hint of sweet, white coconut flesh in this.  The whole scent overall has this white, sheer, creamy, lightly sweet vibe that sits close on my skin in a delicate, pretty veil.

Delicate, pale, smooth. There’s a fat-free, weightless cream to the rice milk, a dry earthy sweetness from the coconut husk (which is nothing like coconut meat, for anyone worried), and the tea adds a transparent note that’s not quite bright, but is watery and light. 

lovely, easy to wear, and perfect for sushi nights. 

thanks to rivetted, I got to try this and it really impressed me.  The coconut stays fresh, bright and inviting without turning to suntan lotion or cheap sweetness. The rice milk does so much lifting in this bottle, all the heavy work honestly, lol.  I can clearly discern the light, watery but creamy rice milk note and the white tea just elevates everything that little extra step more.  This is a beautiful, soft, sheer but refreshing experience.  For having only three notes, this bottle has so much depth and enjoyment inside.  If you like any of these notes, this one is worth it.

I got to try this thanks to the lovely Teamama, and I'm so glad I did.  It starts out with a lot of citrusy white tea -- the vibe is light lemony tea that you take with a dash of rice milk and coconut milk.  After about an hour, though, the tea's dominance faded in favor of creamy rice milk and some nice husky non-sunscreen coconut.  Simple but sophisticated and comforting.  Although this is a delicate scent, it lasted pretty well on me. 

In the imp I get a bright sweet coocunut, mixed with that beautiful starchy rice milk. I swear I get just a hint of a dark green, pine or balsam note as well. On my skin it stays pretty much the same, I think the white tea was that dark green note- it blooms on my skin into a brighter, but still somewhat vegetal tea note.

this is so outta my wheelhouse, but i like it.  the white tea isn't too astringent, just very clean smelling.  the rice milk is sweet, creamy, and starchy, but light.  the coconut doesn't have the dryness that i usually associate with the husk, it's sweet and fruity.  could be the way it's combining with the rice milk to give that effect. it sits pretty close to the skin, very low throw but it does hang out longer than i expected.  

to be honest, as pleasant as it is, i couldn't see myself reaching for this much as a perfume. but if there were a hand soap with this scent, it would definitely be my favorite.