Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
zankoku_zen

Surprise Ejaculation

This is SO much fun! I only wish it lasted longer on me. Tested a couple times from a bottle that rested.

Too aptly named, this one. ;) Open the bottle and it is a burst of sweet ruby red grapefruit and bubble gum. So much pink! But also soft and sweet, with a cottony bedding feel. Really lovely and makes me giggle. Just a blast.

Sadly, the first impression is the strongest, and it fades away quickly. I tested again with a heavier application and once more at a different time of day - same distraught effect. The remnants are a slight pale pink floral, and I would even be satisfied with that if it weren't so darn faint. 

Funny enough, I decided to re-test Night-Gaunt this morning, as I just got a second imp as a frimp, and I couldn't remember my impressions the first time around. It is so much like Surprise Ejaculation! And I realize now that my first imp was too old and had lost that grapefruit burst. But very similar experiences with both, except this has that absolutely delightful sweet pink explosion to start. Just a lot of fun. Really enjoyed this.

Wet: Bubblegum. Very pink.
Dry: Very pink, very pretty, very--alas--faint. I bet this rocks on people who don't apparently absorb some perfume entirely.  If bubblegum pink and floral sounds good, you'll enjoy this!

When it’s wet I get pear drops and a bit of bubblegum too.

Once it’s dried the champaca moves to the front. There’s a hint of the white musk. I don’t get any fizz, or any grapefruit which is a shame, and it’s all quite faint. Very girly and probably not for me.

Pear, white musk, and champaca. On wet, its much more sparkly, but as it dries, smoky champaca comes out and its like pear went on a date with mezcal. Medium throw and wear length.

I was surprisingly not as into this one as I had hoped. I wanted and was expecting to be bombarded with grapefruit. 😞

I got a lot of champaca and musk. As it dries more, it gets a little sweeter though. Just a hint of fruit. I definitely echo the "cottony, bedding feel" mentioned by groovyrooby. 

I have almost no throw with this, which makes me think it's really faint. I can smell the floral just fine when I bring my wrist close to my nose though. Seems to last a while on me. 

I don't dislike the scent, but it's not my favorite either. But it's definitely not what I was expecting. 

EDITED: retested this, I do get the "explosion" of fruit now, but still more mild than I was expecting due to low throw.

Edited by kc6b

I am getting a really odd read on this.  In the bottle:  Believe it or not, I am getting a blast of banana taffy with a bit of ginger-ale effervescence!  On, wet:  This is like a fresh tin of expensive fruit hard candies--getting mixed fruit notes, with pear gradually floating to the top and a few waves of very sweet pink grapefruit candy.  Still, the throw stays VERY low and VERY close to the skin.  Drydown:  I am left with a bit of dry, incense-y, powdery, sweet note, almost like a sweet skin musk.  As others have reported alas, this scent is here for a good time and not a long time--it fades out fairly quickly and stays super close to the skin.  I could see wearing this with loose clothing on a really REALLY hot gross day when you don't have to worry about sweating off/over-amping whatever perfume you're wearing.  Would also love to see this one as a HG in future years, or even an atmo.

Where do I begin reviewing this? This was one of the Lupers that captivated me the most. And it ended up being nothing like I expected!

I am so disappointed, I saw mentions of bubblegum in the reviews and got really excited cause it's one of my top 3 notes. It definitely does smell faintly of bubblegum when wet, but that came and went very quickly. The pear note is lovely, but again didn't stay around long. My skin ate those two notes up, so I was left with a musky champaca after about 15 minutes. It's almost like a "my skin but better" smell (is that a thing in perfumes, I know that's a lipstick thing?) The throw is also extremely close to the skin.

Going to keep the decant and retest, but I want to love this so bad! This might have worked better as an atmosphere spray since it's a little bit clean smelling. Another reason I'm keeping this: I like telling people I slathered Surprise Ejaculation all over me when I wear this. :P

I'm surprised by all the reviews that mention fruity bubblegum, because I don't get that at all.

Wet, I find this primarily about the champaca and pear over a soft white musk base. This is the more gentle, fresh pear note and not the sweeter, juicier pear note that pops up in some blends. I get absolutely no grapefruit at all.

Drydown is primarily a champaca skin musk with a wisp of pear.

Notably low throw on me, I had to press my nose against the test patch to smell it.

Wow! This hits me with a very familiar note - soft pear!

It smells very close to Perilous Parlor - they are so much alike actually that you could get this one if you really like PP but have trouble getting your hands on a bottle. (You may want to layer with a vanilla scent though for the full creamy experience.)

I keep huffing my arm, and this is a good sign.

The pear is very soft and fruity. It's almost floral and not candy-like or "fake fruit" at all. I love it.

The pear note also blends well with the other light spicy notes, the white champace and the white musk.

The grapefruit adds a dry and sour element that keeps the pear from being too sweet and the champaca/musk from being too heavy.

I second astarinel's comment above: "Drydown is primarily a champaca skin musk with a wisp of pear." I also don't get any bubblegum note at all.

To me, this is actually a fresh linen scent - as if sliding into a freshly made bed at my grandma's house who used to wear a grapefruit-heavy perfume. Seriously, this scent triggers very good childhood memories!

It's spicy and musky enough to be an actual perfume blend, but the soft and dry quality of the scent make this a great pick for snuggling up on the couch in summer or when going to bed.

I will definitely use my decant and think about upgrading to a bottle.

Wet: Pear! Pear and white musk. Effervescent. This smells similar to what I imagine a pear sparkling water would be like.

Dry: A very soft musky pear. Very little throw. 

As much as I love pear, this didn't do a lot for me. A little bit too light for my taste.

In the bottle, I was terrified because this smelled strongly of Luden's cherry throat drops and medicinal bubblegum, and it wasn't a terribly pleasant combination. Champaca tends to go weird on me, so I was assuming that might be the culprit... I was hoping "white champaca" would be milder and better behaved on my skin. Thankfully all the weirdly medicinal bubblegum smell faded in about 15 minutes, leaving behind a lightly musky, clean pear scent. Very low throw and decent longevity. Definitely a 'my-skin but better' scent. I wish I got more grapefruit from this at the beginning, but it''s still pretty and unique enough to keep. And the label art is amazing, of course...