Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Sweet apricot, sugared amber, frankincense, golden cardamom, rice milk, and golden peach.

For me, in the decant this is pure peach. Like a fresh, juicy peach.
Wet: Starts off as just apricot, really. I can't get much else, it's just a full blast of it, with maybe a bit of that original peach I smelled? Wow. Fast change.

Drydown: Begins to dry into an almost apricot like cake? I think that’s the milk & sugared amber coming in on the apricot. Possibly the cardamom, though it’s not much if so.

After a few more minutes, the apricot calms down enough that the peach comes back & this becomes a really nice mix of the two now, but it's still staying in a very cake/pastry area. It reminds me of something... not bad, but something I can't think of.

About an hour later, it's all not changed much, save that it's blended together better & I can find the cardamom a bit more (not much) & think the frankincense is reading a bit honeyish to me? But it's barely there, so I am not sure I'm reading it at all. But I figured out what it reminds me of. It's not a cake. It's a peach cobbler. I smell like really fucking amazing peach cobbler with some apricots in it. I wanna eat it, not smell like it though. So, while this is a great scent, it's losing points very fast now. However, MAYBE I'm insane. I have messed up sinuses, so I'm gonna wait & ask the resident expert....
So two hours later & my mum (who will shank you for a peach cobbler) did not even have to be asked. She got within a foot of me & asked if I smelled peach cobbler. So, just to be mean, I swiped some on her arm & she had to wash it off after about 20 minutes because she felt that unless she was also going to get peach cobbler, that was against Geneva Conventions. 

In the end, this is a gorgeous scent... if I were a foodie. But I'm really not. Also, apparently, I'm breaking international laws if I am around my mum (I want to make a food joke, but the title of this perfume disallows that because it involves a mum joke). So. 

It lasted about 5 hours on me, with a decent throw. Thankfully, the throw shrunk up as time progressed or I might have been disowned. 

Final thoughts? This is a unisex foodie. I won't be getting a bottle & decant imp will move on. To a home where it tortures no one within throw range. 

Edited by TheLampades
Added perfume description as this started a new page

This is a RIPE golden peach, all right. On me it definitely dominates over everything else. I guess there's a hint of apricot, and maybe that's amber in the background softening it up and the rice milk adding a touch of creaminess, but really, this is PEACH. I think I can find cardamom if I really hunt. 

Gorgeous though, and will be great for those hot summer days. 

This is a really interesting one, I think I was expecting a more heady/sexy peach scent based on the name but that's not what I got.

Wet, the peach (backed by some apricot) is definitely the star of the show. The peach is a fresh peach, maybe a little underripe, juicy but not overly sweet. The peach note reminds me a bit of the peach in Egoyomi from last year, with that bit of tart, fuzzy "peach skin" smell to it.

Balancing the peach a bit is the base of the scent, which is a bit resinous and a bit incensey. No cardamom or spice shows up. I was expecting this to be a more complex version of Alleviate the Frenzy, but the balance of notes is quite different.

As it dries, the resin/incense stands out a bit more but this is primarily a peachy scent to my nose. Good throw.

Mostly peach and apricot, though I do get the rice milk lending making it less of a fruity scent and more of a warm gourmand. I mean it's all in on the peach and apricot. I realized I like peach more than I realized, but I think I prefer a fresher fruit approach.

Just out of the mailbox, but I couldn't wait!

It's a warm glowing peach-apricot scent - fuzzy, fruity, summery! The rice milk really just makes it a little softer and maybe just a touch creamy - not much, just enough to be there. There's a hint, just a hint, of spice and frankincense at the back, especially if I sniff my arm very closely. But mostly it's peaches and apricot - we used to have a peach tree, growing up, and this smells like going out to pick peaches, breathing in the scent of them all around the tree, touching them, seeing which ones were ripe enough, feeling the fuzzy sun-warmed skin, and then bringing them in and putting them in a bowl with some apricots! And maybe later there'll be some cream to dribble over them.

super fruity & pretty!

feels kind of too "foody" for me at the moment, so i don't think it's for me.

At first sniff - peach and apricot!  Almost pure fruit. As it dries the warm sugared amber, light creamy rice milk, and gently spicy carnation are noticeable. So lovely, a bold fruitiness but also really feminine and lovely.

Wet: A realistic, fresh peach! Sweet, and a little "warm". 

Dry: Still super peachy, but I'm getting a whiff of the apricot and some of the rice milk as well now. It's not as in-your-face as before, and it stays very close to the skin while still being an easily-identifiable peach scent. Does that make sense?

If you like peach scents, you'll probably dig this.

In the decant: Very peachy apricot, with something keeping it from being too syrupy or cloying. I cannot say at this stage whether it's a resin or something like the rice milk achieving that effect. 

On my skin:

Wet, it's a lovely lightly spiced peach cream. In addition to the peach, I'm getting the rice milk and just a hint of cardamom. As it dries, the cardamom dials back, and I'm left with a scent where peach is very much the star of the show, supported by rice milk and light resin. 

Given more time to develop... something... maybe the frankincense or amber?... causes it to develop a slightly musky quality on my skin. But not like vulva-musk (ask your parents, kids), more like a slightly stale sweat or body odor musk. That element is faint, and the scent is still mostly peach on me, but it's not the best direction this blend could have chosen.

I am, fortunately or unfortunately, not having the best success with this peach blend. Unfortunately because one always wants success. Fortunately because Lupers are down and I did not purchase a bottle, so at least now there's no regret and no FOMO. 

I'm going to echo @sunshinedaisyblisshere with the peachicot.

Juicy peaches with a slightly lighter sweetness from the apricot and a fresh creaminess from the rice milk. There is a slight golden warmth underneath that is light and unassuming.

Right up close, this is sweet apri-peach. I don’t get any of the other notes. It’s a really nice scent - refreshing - that would benefit from the balcony notes of amber and rice milk. 

Sadly, I get no throw. Like none. Like my nose has to be touching my skin to get any juiciness. 

I’ll be passing my bottle along to someone who can get more mileage. 

I've been delaying my Luper order this year to wait for a few reviews, but I'm getting desperate for some nice sweet Shungas, so I'm wearing and reviewing some from past collections. This one is less vulva and more juicy fruit, as others have mentioned. I was looking for a peach- or apricot-centric scent at the time, so this definitely scratched that itch. The only other BPAL I have that has apricot is Haloes, and I find that one (though utterly beautiful) isn't quite apricot-y enough for when I want that lovely juicy stone fruit. 

This is a fresh, ripe white-peach-and-apricot fruit salad with a bit of light ricemilk syrup. I thought the amber and cardamom might become more noticeable with age, but not really! Still a sweet, satisfying stone fruit scent. Not much throw - I tend to slather this one more than I do with most other BPALs. I like wearing this with my Peach-Pulped Frankincense Hair Gloss if I feel like a tad more resin.