Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
zankoku_zen

Flowering Peonies

This really is an explosion of peonies. I want to like it, but it's too floral for me. It's not bad, it's simply too strong for me. Smells like one of those plug-in air fresheners. Kind of tropical to me, so if you like that it will be perfect for you. Planning to swap this one.

Bright, fruity-floral green tea. My nose reads the combination of lychee and tuberose as orchid. The peony is present in the bottle, but not as strong as I'd expected. It becomes creamy and a bit more prominent on my skin, but it's still balanced by the other notes.  The notes shift around a bit in strength, but overall, this stays a very fresh, watery, and green blend of well balanced floral and green tea. It's very appropriate for summer, and seems like something you might drink iced and a fancy garden party.  

So I really wanted to love this because peonies! lychee! green tea! It was going to be the fruity floral of my dreams. But on my skin and to my nose, the peony and lychee is nowhere to be found (and there seems to be no bergamot, for that matter). It is tuberose dryer sheets; lovely and would probably layer great with other florals, but also not why I ordered the decant to begin with. The throw is not very strong, as in I have to sniff harder to get an idea of it on my skin--it's more a whisper than anything else. 

Freshly put on, Flowering Peonies is quite fresh: clean, water-speckled lychee with cool green tea on a background of flowers. I'm getting a freshness almost like melon or cucumber, with a hint of citrus from the bergamot. Really lovely. Really perilous to my budget.

Ung. This is good. But... I'm waiting for the tuberose to run in and trample everything in drydown, like a rhino putting out a fire.

Is it dry? Yes.

Still fresh? Yes.

Inducing tuberose headache? No.

I can smell tuberose, but it's staying pretty well-behaved, and the water-freshness lingers yet. If this decant keeps playing nice through testing, this will get bottle-fied.

Flowering Peonies is a pleasant fruity floral, with the tuberose being much stronger than the peony at first, and the flowers being more lychee-tinged than completely doused in lychee (sadly). The peony gains strength over time and becomes one of the dominant notes by the end of the day, and I get more tea at this point, as well as a hint of bergamot, but neither of those are main players. I'm kind of reminded of how Caressing the Gilded Lily was predominantly floral but tinged with melon. This is somewhat like that, but tinged with lychee, and on a bed of green tea.

I was hoping for more lychee from this one, but I'm going to have my mom try it and see what she thinks of it. I think it might be something she would enjoy.

Huge explosion of fruity floral at the beginning! I love that! It was very strong lychee, green tea, and a floral. The lychee dissipates pretty soon after, and you're left with green tea with floral around the edges. The tea scent is actually very reminiscent of green tea scents in facial cleansers - kind of fresh, clean. 

I really like it overall because I like tea, but definitely would've liked the lychee to have lasted longer. Unfortunately, I'm not really getting much throw with this either. 

Edited by kc6b

Juicy lychee and peonies. Very strong on the lychee/peony. It's sugary, floral, and fruity. Medium throw and wear length.

Golden - check. Tea - check. Lychee - check! Peonies... peonies? No peonies for me. That's a strong flower, but I didn't really get any here. Too bad.

Juicy & warm, great fruity tea scent. Didn't wear for long til it faded to nothing.

This reminds me alot of Lady in Speckled Pink Kimono, but the Lychee is stomping those flowers. After 30 minutes, the Peony makes itself known and it's juicy and fresh. A fruity kind of floral, like chewy, peony candy with a splash of refreshing tea. This would be lovely on the beach or even an outdoor concert. I could see a bride wearing this at a sultry, summer wedding. 

This is a Fruity Floral with capital letters.

On, wet, this is clean and sweet, a refreshing scent dominated by the peony and lychee. The tea may be what's keeping it a little fresh, but I find it hard to pick out the individual notes in this one.

This is really pleasant, and I keep thinking I'd love it in an atmo spray as a room scent, but I'm not sure I love it as a perfume.

WOW BAM FLORALS! super fresh & springtime. i like it a lot, but i'm personally hesitant to wear florals this strong, as they're not quite my thing!

definitely more of a "freshly showered" floral or even just "freshly bloomed" floral than a "powdery" floral though! that's definitely part of what makes this so good.

This is like a straight-up Duo blend if it existed: "Peonies & Lychee Fruit".

It's very bold, sweet, floral, heady and wants to be noticed.

It gets a bit softer during drydown and is less acrid and more harmonies when the floral elements bleed into the fruity ones.

I don't notice any green tea or tuberose or bergamot, but there is a softer tart note in the background that could very well be the tea.

The scent end up being very floral, sweet and soapy.

I had hoped for more tea and peonies and only a dusting of lychee, but I'm afraid it's just the other way around.

In the Bottle: So sweet, fruity, and candy-like

On the Skin: Just like what's in the bottle but it reminds me of those twist-up jelly-like air fresheners my mother used to buy. How odd but not bad. It faded completely after a couple of hours. I like it alright but hope it improves with age!