Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
zankoku_zen

Erotic Sake Bowl

Sparkling, fizzy, sharp citrus! One hell of a throw. Never gives off the plastic or fruit-rollup tinges I sometimes get in BPAL fruit-forward blends, stays really effervescent.

I love me a good grapefruit scent and this one is stunning. Possibly the winner of my order this year. Strong citrus throughout. The plum blossom musk takes a bit to show up, but when it does it takes this scent from merely a lovely citrus to a complete stunner, adding a depth and sweetness to the blend. Amazing and will definitely be a backup bottle purchase for me

this was the star for me.

i love yuzu, and this is beautiful, punchy sugared yuzu. the grapefruit enhances it, and the tea and raspberry round it out in the beginning. it is bright and almost fizzy. a really wonderful scent!

as others said, the plum blossom comes out as it wears. i am so happy with this and see it being a favorite for the summer. 

I love a good spring morning blend of brightness and glee.

Sugary pink grapefruit and yuzu, surrounded by a joyful presence of other fruits not yet coming forward. 

In drydown, I get much more of the mandarin, but also find lemon and raspberry. I especially love what the raspberry adds in this fruity mix, and the way it blends with the plum flower when that emerges.

I would (will, actually -- I will get this one) put this next to Sugar Phoenix in my perfume box. They will be sugary grapefruit BFFs.

Erotic Sake Bowl starts off heavy on the pink grapefruit and sugared yuzu, and it is GLORIOUS. I have several grapefruit scents, and a few that contain yuzu as well as grapefruit, but even so, the combo of those two notes is so good that I was determined to add a bottle to my cart even though I probably don't need more of those notes in my collection. But then the other fruits emerged more over time, and the raspberry (the note I was most concerned about) ends up being one of the main players on me after a few hours, so that it is a berry and citrus scent grounded by the plum blossom musk (which is also more noticeable by the end of the day and isn't overly plum-tinged, fortunately).

I loved this for the first few hours, and less so as time went on, but I'm going to test it again before ruling it out. It may be worth getting a bottle and wearing it in a scent locket just experience that grapefruit and sugared yuzu in all of its glory.

I bought this being unfamiliar with literally every single note. I didn’t expect to be punched in the face by all the juicy pink fruits in the world lol.

I’m not good at picking out every note in perfumes and to be honest, I like when I can’t as it means it’s well blended and for me, this is well blended but just enough for me to still be able to distinguish between the sweetness of the fresh fruits from the sugared yuzu. It’s got a hint of an aquatic feel to it, which makes the fruits in this bowl feel ripened and ready to eat. It’s also got a clean quality to it (not sure where that’s coming from) at times.

It’s a sophisticated and elegant scent while still being able to be cheeky and flirty.

I’d say this could most likely be classed as a ‘happy’ scent.

Edited by Angelshair

This is all sunshine and happiness. It's the smell of running through the sprinklers barefoot and eating warm berries by the handful straight off the vine and coffee cups of fresh-squeezed citrus juice that's room temperature and gloriously just a little sour and it only came off the tree in the back yard this morning. Yes, I grew up in California 🙂

It doesn't last very long on me, in the way of citrus-heavy perfumes, , but I just don't care. For 10 minutes, or 30, or an hour, I'm living the highlight moments of being 10 and staying at my grandparents' house for the week and eating my body weight in fruit at every meal.

ETA: I realize this is an awfully innocent review for a scent with an enormous phallus on the label, but here we are.

Edited by Lin Swanson

Pink grapefruit, sugared yuzu, and sunshine. It doesn't have great wear length, but IDGAF. When its there, its happy and glorious and what I need these days. Delicious.

On me this goes on candy orange raspberry, like sweet tarts candy.  However right away the musk starts to come out.  After a short while this has deepened a lot and I'm reminded of a chic suntan-oil scent, the kind I used to wear in the eighties without any spf (do they even make that any more?).  I used to love how that smelled and I love this for bringing that scent memory up.  I'll have lots of fun wearing this.

Super strong grapefruit blast going on. I am literally surrounded by a fruity citrus squirt. After several minutes it calms down and smooths into something very much like chewing a stick of juicy fruit or zebra stripe. This makes my mouth water. I'm usually not into fruity scents but this is really pretty, youthful and moodlifting. Will see if it sticks in my memory as something I need since I have no other grapefruit scents. 

Pink and sugary and tart and delicious!  I don't know if I'll buy this since I already have Baobhan Sith, but I'll definitely use up the decant vial.  It's like a fizzy cocktail or fancy candy, uplifting like a good citrus scent should be.

Edited by RobberBaroness

Very beautiful while wet / in the bottle!

Fresh, bright, sharp citrus. Lovely.

On my skin, it turned into a soapy smell. A little disappointing.

I'll have to try this one again after it's aged a bit to see if there's any changes.

On wet, this is a perfect sugared pink grapefruit. I just cut open a ripe pink grapefruit and sprinkled sugar on it to eat it. This is probably the most realistic, juicy grapefruit note I've ever smelled.

As it dries, the citrus fades and the raspberry and plum musk come out a bit. It's still a refreshing, tart, and bright fruity blend.

This one is very fizzy and sparkly. It's mostly yuzu/lemon with a hint of flat sweet raspberry.

I'm a hard sell on fruit scents, and this one, sadly, didn't do it for me either.

During drydown, it mostly stays pink grapefruit on my skin. Maybe I get a hint of plum?

The more it dries, the more plummy and musky it gets (which is quite nice actually).

I wish this had been... fresher? More yuzu, grapfruit and musk perhaps?

It's a bit too sweet for my taste, and fizzy doesn't work on my skin at all.

On 5/18/2021 at 9:50 PM, forspecial_plate said:

On me this goes on candy orange raspberry, like sweet tarts candy.  However right away the musk starts to come out.  After a short while this has deepened a lot and I'm reminded of a chic suntan-oil scent, the kind I used to wear in the eighties without any spf (do they even make that any more?).  I used to love how that smelled and I love this for bringing that scent memory up.  I'll have lots of fun wearing this.

Freshly applied, this smells like Flintstones vitamins, the orange ones. But it does deepen and I start to smell the yuzu and grapefruit after a few minutes.  It's such a bright, happy, innocently uplifting scent. I will wear this all summer! :) 

Strong, sweet citrus, lead by the grapefruit. I do get an edge of plum, but it adds a depth to the scent that I really like. One of my new favorite grapefruit/yuzu scents.

Sugary candied fruits and musk! The sugar comes close to overpowering the fruits but it doesn't. The strongest ones I can pick out are the grapefruit, mandarin, and raspberry. Very nice with a good throw but the wear time is a bit disappointing. One of the best grapefruit scents I've tried.

Wet: Oooo! Sparkling, sugary sweet citrus! Gorgeous yuzu and pink grapefruit. (Very much a "HI WAKE UP HEY THERE WHAT'S UP" type of scent so far.)

Dry: My sparkling citrus scent has gone a bit... flat. Not so "sparkling" anymore; that fun effervescence from the wet stage is totally gone.

I think I'll stick to Squirting Shoggoth or Pink Grapefruit and Pomelo.

Sweet and light, sugary and fruity! I feel like this will be a good spring/summer scent - like I could sip a cocktail of this while sitting in the sunshine somewhere. After a while it gets a little bit of a powdery note, not in a bad way - like the crushed edges of Sweet-Tarts or something.  It's very light on me, but very pretty, so I'm glad I got to try it!

When freshly applied, there is an effervescent quality that makes it smell like an Italian soda, and the grapefruit is more forward in the blend.

Once dry, this is all about the raspberry and plum blossom musk, with citrus notes as accents - it is somehow bright and fresh and seductive at the same time. Utterly swoon-worthy and unmistakably Shunga.

this goes on with an explosion of sweet, tangy fruit.  the grapefruit and yuzu are especially punchy, but every fruit listed as a component is present and accounted for, and it's gloriously distilled happiness.  and, unfortunately, fleeting. after approximately 36.4 seconds, i'm left with faint traces of something that smells suspiciously similar to the soap in the restroom at my doctor's office.  i think this is just the plum blossom musk, left behind after the fruits flee the scene, and i don't like it, not one bit. i adore plum, so i had hoped that plum blossom musk might bear a passing resemblance.  but this is just a faint, soapy, waxy, white floral.

body chemistry's a bitch sometimes. 

Lots and lots of citrus. Happily for me the main citrus scent is grapefruit, which I love. Refreshing without being too sweet.

After a few hours it settles into plum musk with faint wafts of citrus.  Which is also great for me because I adore bpal's plum notes and love musks.