Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
zankoku_zen

Dragon, Rabbit, and Snake

This is such a comforting floral. It brings back faint memories of being a child, running around in the backyard, smelling flowers. It also has a scent like the conditioner you get in a package of hair bleach. I love the black orchid note playing so well with the jasmine, green tea, & the champaca. I should have ordered 2!

I find this one hard to describe but it is definitely beautiful!  Very floral and serene but with a little bit of dark sensuality, not too sweet, fresh and juicy.  Sort of spa-like but not mainstream perfumey.  If you're the type to be scared of jasmine going indolic or cat-pee, have no fear! This one is perfectly balanced although definitely very floral. It's a lot of green tea as well but a slightly different note from Imayo Irokumi No Ito.

Edited by mganz42

Jasmine is ruining this one for me. Butterfly jasmine seems to be reading as jasmine sambac to me. That really strong, piercing jasmine that I associate with perfumes from the 70s and 80s. I have smelled actual jasmine sambac flowers right from the bush, and they smell that exact way to me. I can smell a drop of honey here, and something cool that is probably the cypress and green tea, and it's a welcome cooling sensation against the screechiness of the florals. Orchid is usually a very well-behaved floral for me, and champa can go high-pitched or sometimes behave. Guess what it does here? :P

Way too loud and screaming flowers for me, not a jasmine tea kind of scent if that's what you're hoping for. I don't think I'm the right customer for this scent, however. I just fooled myself into thinking it would somehow turn into jasmine tea. It didn't! The drydown is very pretty. If I were someone who loved bright springtime florals, this is it. A touch of orange blossom honey. Nice. Still not for me, but nice.

Edited by starbrow

Mild, mature florals on a mild green tea. 

That sounds pleasant, if a bit unexciting? That's my reaction to this one at the moment. Orchid and butterfly jasmine are approximately the most obvious notes; the former brings a maturity while the latter is surprisingly light and spring-like, compared with some other jasmines. The champa blends well, and also isn't nearly as loud as she is in other blends.

The tea is a most welcome respite from the flowers, but it is also soft, and just not enough to draw my affection here.

From the look of my cart at the moment, it's a relief not to want a bottle of everything.

Jasmine, orchid, green tea. Actually, it sort of reminds me to a butterfly bush. This is a spring-like florals, lightness, and cuddly blend. Great throw and wear length.

I really couldn't get this fragrance to speak out at all. Three swipes in one spot from a decant, and it's barely a whisper. Cool, lemony wood and a faint white floral. No jasmine, no orchid. Just a wooden box with a faint, pale floral whiff upon opening.

I wish @starbrow and I could trade arms, because on me - this was way closer to the jasmine tea she was looking for. I was hoping for the screechier jasmine she found!

In the bottle: Florals and a sharper green note like all the stems of them were cut. Presumably that is green tea.

On skin: This turns into a soft, somewhat dark floral and woods scent. What I assume is the cypress becomes stronger and blends with the green tea and... jasmine? I am not familiar enough with the floral notes to pick them out individually but this undoubtedly remains a primarily floral perfume. The green note has smoothed out into something more shadowy and soothing. The whole thing is sort of like the scent outside during the full of summer when you've moved into a shaded area of trees and it's rained just enough that not all the dampness has yet left and you can smell every plant you're surrounded by.

Drydown: The cypress has died down, but has not completely faded. It remains a gentle, floral green tea, full summer day perfume.

i was excited about this one, and it is lovely, but i think it may be too light to stand out on my skin chemistry.

very soft, subtle & fresh green tea smell. pleasant, calming.

still really nice, so i'll wait to see if it ages into something slightly stronger.

This was a last minute FOMO type addition to my "The Lupers are Coming Down!" cart, because jasmine and I have a somewhat unstable relationship. But this is surprisingly pretty! I can't figure out what kind of jasmine butterfly jasmine is, just a lot of references to jasmine tea, so maybe that's how this is supposed to read? That would make sense, because the jasmine is very muted on my skin. This would be just a pretty but kind of boring warm floral tea blend  but the cypress took this to a special place for me. It provides the perfect amount of clean woodiness to cut through the florals, and makes this scent almost... cuddly, in a come hither sort of way? Pretty, but approachable. 

This is a lovely floral, jasmine forward on me which is what I'd hoped for. I love the green tea note in here and the gentle backing of the wood note from the cypress. The other flowers aren't super distinct on me, but they add depth to the floral note.