Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
zankoku_zen

Cherry Blossom Vulva

Lovely scent befitting the Lupercalia Vulva tradition! On me, the gardenia and plum slightly outweigh the cherry blossoms, and the cream and honeysuckle barely come to the fore at all. It's very delicate and feminine and I'd say more sophisticated than previous Vulva incarnations. Still debating on whether I need a back-up bottle - but this is a perfect spring scent, no doubt.

This is my first time trying a Vulva. I love cherry blossoms so this was an absolute must have. I can't say how it compares to other Vulvas minus the Peach which I'll be testing soon, but on its own this is a really beautiful spring scent. It is bright and hopeful and really brings back memories of living in Japan, going to hanami and sitting under cherry blossom trees. The cherry blossom isn't the only note here; the gardenia, plum blossom, and honeysuckle are noticeable on me as well, making this a little more complex than straight cherry blossom scents. It's beautiful and ethereal and perfect for spring. This is the kind of fragrance that brightens up your day when you put it on.

This is a lovely cherry blossom scent; it smells like springtime in a bottle. To me, it's almost like a cherry blossom SN, in the way that single notes are actually amalgamations of many scents that form into one. The cream makes it creamy and delicate, the honeysuckle makes it bright and almost fruity, and the gardenia adds depth and richness. I always have a hard time distinguishing plum and cherry blossom, so I can't really weigh in on that much, but maybe that adds some fruitiness too. This has similar notes to Every Day You Play in the Light of the Universe, but I like this better! 

To me it smells like soiled innocence, but not in the sense that innocence has been ruined by sexuality, but innocence that has been exuberantly enhanced by ecstatic experience. 

Sorry, I don't know how else to describe it.

I get the cherry blossoms when it's wet on my skin, but it does have a commercial perfume feel to it. I think that might be the cream and the gardenia, which is what wins out. It's lovely, to be sure, but I also feel like that what it becomes on me is not my type. Whatever fruitiness there is disappears with the cherry blossoms. I'm glad I got the opportunity to try it, but it's not for me. 

Getting mostly gardenia in this one, but a very. very softened, sweetened springtime gardenia, not the gardenia suckerpunch of Venus Cloacina (which I do love, but it's one I only pull out if I need to beat everyone else in the room into submission with pure gardenia power).  There's an "afterscent", as it were, of honeysuckle.  Very faint honeysuckle.  The cherry blossom is more of an accent on me than an actual note.  It's a beautiful scent, and one I'm going to get plenty of mileage out of in the future, but I was really hoping for a cherry blossom scent.  This is more "Gardenia Vulva" on me.  Still very lovely,  still something I'm definitely going to wear and wear often, especially now that the weather's getting warmer (no way I could wear Venus Cloacina in warm weather, ye gods, it'd be like the gardenia equivalent of the Roses of Heliogabalus), but I'm going to have to continue the hunt for a cherry blossom scent.

Do recommend, but know what you're getting, especially if your skin amps gardenia like mine does.

Wet: mostly honeysuckle so far! Vague hints of other florals.
Dry: aw, what's left is faint honeysuckle and gardenia. I really wanted this to be sakura-y on me! But it's super only white-floral.

Creamy honeysuckle plum!

My first thoughts are no more complicated than that, but the blend kaleidoscopes through its different notes each time I sniff. I find cherry blossoms and gardenia, but my overall impression keeps returning to the fullness, richness, and spring-ness of creamy honeysuckle plum.

I haven't had a plum-potent blend that quite worked for me before, but this one's bringing it. This may become my collection's Plum Rep.

So spring-like. CBV is a Luper's Luper.

Cherry Blossom Vulva starts out being honeysuckle forward on me, but then it calms down and becomes a melange of floral notes, with the plum blossom and gardenia sometimes popping out more than the other notes, before settling down as a plum blossom and white floral scent by the end of the day. It's a lovely springtime floral blend, with just a little bit of the cream in the background on me.

This is pretty, but it is not as cherry blossom forward as I hoped it would be. I might keep the decant, but I don't think I need a whole bottle of this one.

Honeyed plum and a whiff of white blossoms. Honestly, this is very plum-like floral but sometimes I get a whiff of banana from this. I mean none of the Vulva blends have ever worked for me, but that ain't gonna stop me from trying. Medium throw and wear length.

i get the gardenia & honeysuckle more in the wet, but they recede and as it dries cherry blossom and cream in the forefront with plum blossoms on the edges. yayyyy!

edit - this lasts quite a while on me, and i’m going to say it’s backup worthy. i am fairly new to bpal and have only decided a few things are worth it, but this is. so, for whatever that’s worth. 

Edited by picturesofmeghan

At first sniff: Oh! Ohhh! This is quite reminiscent of my very favorite BPAL of all time, Queen Mab's Lace. This is a gorgeous floral blend that's honeysuckle-forward, not too sharp, and just a little bit creamy. It's really like a more crystalline version of Mab's, to my nose.

After ~2 hrs: It's become a bit astringent -- someone mentioned banana, and I totally get that. It's like a banana flavored candy, sharp and artificial. Sigh, skin chemistry! Maybe one for a scent locket. 

Oh, my, this is as nice as I thought it would be.  I don't have a whole lot of the "vulva" line, and I didn't even realize that it was A Thing, like Laces.  Anyway, starting to get with the program.  Today I showered and went out to my greenmarket in the rain and wanted a fresh Spring scent.  This did not disappoint.  In the bottle:  True, fresh-flower cherry blossoms with the gardenia and a hint of honeysuckle.  On, wet:  The cream note and the plum blossom start to come forward, but it's still all part of a gorgeous, creamy fresh floral blend.  I'm almost getting the lightest skin musk from the cream note.  Drydown:  This retains its floral freshness, with the cream note coming forward as the cherry and plum blossom notes settle down and dry out a teeny bit.  Really gorgeous and super femme!  

ooh pretty! fresh clean blossom in the bottle. Goes on as something more grassy — is that the plum blossom? Gardenia comes in as it dries, but then it becomes more of a cream-influenced generic floral, not nearly as nice as the gardenia. No honeysuckle.

one word: GORGEOUS. i can pick out all of the notes separately on my skin, but the plum and cherry blossom reign supreme for me. this would pair well with a beautiful skin musk. 

it's sweet, creamy, and girly, but there is a sex kitten appeal about this. it's like a pink satin robe...but with only thigh high stockings on underneath. love it so much! 

back up bottle worthy for me. despite its overt ~girl~ qualities, i would love this on a man for some reason....throw is strong and seems to last a good while. one of favorite bpal's now. 

This one HATES my skin.  It smells absolutely lovely in the bottle, but when I put it on it becomes an indolic disaster.  It's not even recognizable as a floral scent anymore.  What the hell?

I thought this one would be a sure bet; I'm clearly not a good gambler.

Airy and lightly floral in a fresh way,  i'm getting upper, floating layer which is very Japanese fruity-perfumey. 
Very much like walking through a street in Japan in early spring. The streets lined with all the flowers - the smell of sweet, dewy fresh petals filling the air. 
It's very unobtrusive and reminds me of a pretty, clean shampoo scent. It makes me feel bright and freshly bathed without smelling heavy. 
Could be worn in an upclose situation without anyone noticing it too much besides getting whiffs of sweetly clean blossoms. 
May have to get more of this one. 

My decant traveled around for over a month while it disappeared from the USPS tracking system, so it is already slightly aged and the notes settled. This is a lovely fresh springtime floral. It definitely reminds me of the old B&BW Cherry Blossom scent I wore decades ago, only BPALed, so far better. The plum, honeysuckle, and gardenia add to the overall springtime floral vibe. It is not at all a lush heady floral. I could see me wearing this a lot. Bottle worthy.

I have to admit, I ordered *nearly* every Shunga '21. Shunga-madness.

Cherry Blossom Vulva was the one I had to try first, right out of the mailbox. 

It is lovely & fresh, light but strong florals.

Cherry Blossom & Honeysuckle are the initial scents, and it fades into a beautiful Gardenia.

I usually do not wear florals in the daytime, but this one is great even for me (I usually wear heavier resiny/incenses)

Very springtime & bright, but not soapy/lotiony at all. Just Spring Blossom Freshness, right out of the bottle and on the skin.

Initially, it's a blast of cream, and I recognize that same cream note from Hymn to St. Brigid. The florals are pretty nondescript for me, but they're light, airy, and springy. Not soapy, not laundry-esque or air freshener-like. It's a really pretty, feminine scent overall.

Starts off as cherry blossom and honeysuckle with a touch of cream. Eventually, the plum and gardenia take over, leaving the cherry blossom note itself in the background. :huh?:

I don't hate it, but I did not expect the plum to be so fucking strong. It's very pretty and faint, but I have a feeling I might enjoy Peach Vulva more so I won't likely upgrade this. Lasts around 4 hours which isn't too bad!

Yep this is what I thought. Pure gardenia and honeysuckle, which is a nightmare for me. I get no cherry blossoms or plum blossoms, and the cream seems to amp up the florals I don't like, just the way they did in The Poinsettia Gown. I am jealous of those who get cherry blossom and plum blossom from this blend! I think if honeysuckle tends to work on your skin, this blend of florals will sing. I do wish the cherry blossom didn't have to compete with all the other florals, but Right Atrium is definitely more my thing!

This one is definitely heavy on the florals, but that’s OK I’m into that right now.  Definitely gardenia and the honeysuckle is dominant on me, and I would say somewhat soapy.  Again, not bothering me as this heat wave here makes me want to smell at least somewhat clean.  I like it, it reminds me of my mom, it’s something she would like, especially with the gardenia.

This is a cherry blossom coated in a heavy layer of gardenia creaminess. The gardenia smells really nice, no waxiness or heady smell. Basically, the gardenia creaminess come first with the cherry blossom making its way soon afterwards in a modest way.