Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
zankoku_zen

Blissful Domesticity

Tart, fruity floral in the bottle.  It smell juicy, and the apple is decidedly green.  :D  It does NOT smell like cucumber or celery, but it has that sort of fresh, watery crispness to it at first. The florals are very present and well blended.  No stinky jasmine, and the bois de rose and sandalwood are staying in the background, just adding support and depth.  The tea is not real obvious, but I can tell it's there. The florals get a little creamy and sugared in the dry down, and I think it's the sandalwood coming out a tiiiiny bit more, lending a touch of astringency to the overall fragrance.  This is very pretty, very spring, and seems easy to wear.  Very floral but bright, happy, and youthful. 

Mm. Tart green apple comes out strongest, but there's a complex, creamy-smooth, and cushiony layer behind it.

Creamy vanilla, ylang ylang, and yellow sandalwood seem to form a golden main support of the background. I can pick out the tea, jasmine, and lilac only because I think to look for them, as they're well blended into the florals. 

The whole of the blend is quite sweet, and there might be some sugar hidden among the flowers.

I like this enough to put it in my cart, even if I end up cutting it to be proud of myself later. :smilenod:

Tart green apples and lilac give way to rose and a whiff of ylang ylang. This smells like a sophisticated fruity floral. Spring like. Joyful. Medium throw and wear length.

My nose is really confused by this one. The apple smells almost like pink pepper to me, kind of crisp and high in the nose, and obscured by the florals. Speaking of obscured...I can tell the jasmine tea is beneath - and that's a smell I really love in real life - but boy is it covered up by some bossy lilac and ylang ylang. Rose is in the party too, but it's not the loudest of the three. There's a little creaminess from the woods, but dang this is just kind of a confusing floral apple tea that isn't really gelling for me. I much prefer Glistening Waterfall for an apple matcha tea that is very joyful and exuberant!

i warily purchased a decant of this, knowing i am not an apple over, but loving the other combination of notes, hoping they would be dominant. as soon as it's applied it's all apple, which is both sweet and tart. after a minute or so a hint of the jasmine tea peeks through, which gives it a boozy edge for some reason. it smells like apple liqueur or vodka or something. awhile later i get some ylang ylang which adds a creamy quality, and imo, improves the scent on my skin. still, there's a lot of apple there. in the end this is a boozy apple floral on me. it has too much apple for my personal tastes. i'd classify this as a youthful fruity floral.

I am not normally an "apple scent" person (well, at least not since like 8th grade where I got the Bath and Body Works body mist) but I really like this one. The green apple hits me first, with an undercurrent of what smells like sweet pea even though that's not a part of it...maybe another floral is mimicking that? I guess I amp the green apple because that's primarily what I get...maybe a little bit of the jasmine tea. Sadly it doesn't last long enough but I still enjoy it. "Youthful" is a great descriptor, it reminds me of my pre-teen self. :) 

The jasmine gives this the sense of a traditional perfume, but the apple adds a twist - like hipsters making donuts gourmet (which is no shade - I love the gourmet donuts as much as the regular donuts). I think I will be keeping this one - it intrigues me with this lovely balance of the classic elegance of a traditional floral with fun, fruity, youthful green apple.

I'm getting mostly apple and ylang-ylang at first, which sort of translates to a mushy, overly sweet apple and perfumey smelling floral on a base of powdery sandalwood.  Together, it smells very 'apple blossom air freshener' to me.  No jasmine, tea or lilac.  It dries down to this overly sweet, nondescript, perfumey/sharply musky, powdery thing.  A scrubber for me.