Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
zankoku_zen

Honey, Tuberose, and Vanilla Sugar

I was so afraid of the tuberose and judging by the fact that I’m the first reviewer, I don’t think I’m the only one! Heady florals usually do not work for me. They turn sour or soapy or just smell like I imagine Blanche Deveraux smells after a long, sweaty rendezvous on the lanai; a genteel older lady but slightly less than fresh. This tuberose actually behaves itself beautifully on my skin though! It smells warm and creamy, any sharp edges have been gently rounded off. Its presence just barely keeps the honey and vanilla sugar from going too far into foodie territory. I’m surprised by how much I like it!

Edited by IndigoMoon

This smells soo much like what i remember lush's honey i washed the kids and it's sooo good! I get mostly the honey and vanilla sugar, which smell like the most delicious honeycomb/honey toffee with maybe the sliiightest floral edge to keep it from being over the top sweet/foodie (but sweet and foodie is my jam). Tuberose is one of the few florals I can do, so I was looking forward to it and expecting something with a little more of a tropical vibe a la arcana's honey craves the tropics (even tho I realize the only note they share is honey lol). Anyway, its not that but I'm not mad about it. It's soo comforting.

Edited by slo

This goes on as honey and tuberose. It's the same thick, brown, toffee-like Lush Honey I Washed the Kids type honey that I got from Harlow's Lace and Boop. This honey note is so strong on me that it manages to overwhelm the tuberose. The tuberose doesn't completely fade away, but it just adds a perfume-y floral quality beneath the pool of honey. Sadly, I never get the vanilla sugar because this honey note can't stop, won't stop until it declares dominion over all.

I was really hoping the tuberose and vanilla sugar would be paired with a different honey note. Alas.

Oh god.

Like the others above me, this comes out straight 'Honey I Washed The Kids' from Lush on me.

Very much a sweet, toffee like honey with a touc of vanilla sugar. The tuberose isn't strong but comes out more on the drydown, keeping the honey/sugar from being too cloying.

A very gourmand scent that has this springy, tropical vibe.

Bottle worthy for me. 

This was a lot foodier than I had expected.  It's like a chewy, sticky, luxurious dessert that you can only eat a little bite of because it's so rich.  It's what I had thought Dana O'Shee would smell like (Dana O'Shee turned into weak, wet cardboard on me).  It's fairly strong but not overbearing.  It makes me feel huggable and disarming.  If I had kids, I'd probably want them to associate me with this scent.

Though lovely, for me it falls into the "This smells nice, but I don't know if I want to smell like it" category.  I don't want to be huggable and disarming.

I prefer Honey, Black Lilies, and Gardenia because I have an affinity for more floral-leaning scents, but if you want to smell like some amazing baklava you might want to check this one out.

Whoa, I wasn't expecting this to be so buttery and gourmand, but duh,  all of the notes are edible besides the tuberose. Like a creamy, drippy sticky dessert topped with a tuberose bouquet. Syrupy, did I say SWEET, it is just a bit overwhelming  but I can never wear foodies. If you love sweet, sticky dessert gourmands like Miskatonic University, The Pancake Bell, Cockaigne, and King Cake,  YOU NEED THIS. 

Edited by Jenjin

Ok so yes, this does smell like LUSH’s Honey I Washed the Kids. Except a grown-up, naughty and boozy version of it. More like Honey I Washed Lenny Kravitz and Slash In A Bath of Molasses And Then We Rolled Around In A Bed Of Donuts. 

It’s dark, delicious, sweet, rich and syrupy. And it stays that way for hours! I lovelovelove this one 👍🏼

On my skin, it smells like thick brown molasses. I don't get much of a honey note, it's mainly burned brown sugar that's a little smokey and malty.

I get a soft vanilla vibe that's somewhere between vanilla sugar I use for baking and a milky vanilla note that adds a light, fresh and maiden-like quality to this scent.

The tuberose is very faint and somewhere in the background. I have to slather on the scent to even smell it. But it connects the light oily vanilly quite well with the gritty sugar.

It becomes a more pleasant molasses note during drydown, but the vanilla smells very faint and paper-like now.

I am not a fan of this honey, and the rest of the notes, alas, didn't win me over either.

At first sniff - STRONG honey and vanilla sugar.  Like a caramelized, toffee scent. Barely ANY floral. A couple minutes later, that is still what I’m getting. Just a hint of floral in the background, can’t even really describe it better than that, it’s so faint.  I love honey and vanilla so it’s fine with me, just saying this is definitely a foodie blend not a floral!

Unfortunately I really didn’t like this. It’s like a very rich honey cake with a slight ripe floral to it, which unfortunately reminds me of clean bathrooms. Also just not really into the foodie aspect.

this is a very intense honey, with vanilla sugar adding more sweetness to it - I don't know what tuberose smells like, but most florals and I aren't friends...however in this case, while I think the floral lends a little oomph to this, it doesn't misbehave on me, which was a pleasant surprise! I think I really like this, although it edges close enough to foodie territory that I don't think it'll be one I reach for super often? I'm glad I tried it, and will definitely use up the decant I have, though!

As everyone else said, LUSH's Honey I Washed the Kids (sweet honey toffee with a citrusy twist), but with a hint of tuberose that's actually playing nice on me, smelling creamy and dry and perfumey in a sophisticated way rather than being screechy.  It's weird how much this smells like a LUSH dupe.

Edited by Little Bird