Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
zankoku_zen

Honey, Sweet Orange, and Orange Blossom

Oh guys.  This is so delicious.

This is the scent of a honey-dripping hive, rich and intimate with bee musk, almost salty.  It’s no pale, flower-scented, tame honey.  It’s the dark honey of wild honeybees.  Floating on top is a zesty, pleasantly bitter orange, barely sweet and a swirl of heady orange blossom like it has blown in on a breeze.

Citrusy honey, with a touch of orange blossom. It's sweet, heady, and citrusy honey. Great throw and medium wear length.

I loved this but unfortunately it had no throw or lasting power. I reapplied it after a few hours because I still couldn't smell much but apparently on me it's all top notes as it disappears really quickly.

This one really is like what it says on the label!  In the bottle:  A blast of sweet orange hard candies with honey  notes.  On, wet:  Dark, sticky honey notes--almost like darker honeycomb--with notes of fresh sweet orange flesh and rind, and a hint of juiciness.  Drydown:  I'm getting a deep, assertive honey-toffee thing with little hits of orange peel oil.  Simple, sweet, and All the Orange....

I like orange blossom but it doesn't always like me. Fortunately, this doesn't go sour, but it's also not very strong. Like Mahogany & Incense Smoke, this starts out pretty sweet, but it mellows with time and leaves a slight honey funk. I would have liked a stronger citrus note in this - I have to sniff pretty deeply to pick up the orange under the blossom. It's pretty, but it just doesn't have a lot of zing or personality.

Exactly what it says on the tin.

Wet, this is a light, sweet honey rather than a heady or sexy honey with soft sweet citrus and orange blossom. I don't know if I'd say orange specifically, but it's definitely got a juicy citrus note there. The slightly-bitter orange blossom is a bit more prominent than the citrus, which cuts the honey nicely.

Dries down to a citrus-tinged honey candy. Good throw and good lasting power in this stage, but the citrus notes burn off pretty quickly.

I got a testable empty of this one from my decanter, and it was surprisingly harsh on me when it hit my skin.  ih8perfume is right: this is no tame supermarket honey but something much wilder and more bee-adjacent.  And I don't get sweet orange either but something more like a bitter Seville orange, and almost no orange blossom (a note i usually avoid).  So this actually ended up working much better on me than I would have guessed either by the notes or the opening.  Dark primal honey with a hint of bitter orange.  Like many honey scents, Honey, Sweet Orange and Orange Blossom has good staying power on me.  

This was also surprisingly harsh on me! I'd blind bottled it thinking I'd love it - I like honey and orange, and I like the scent of orange blossoms in the grove near where I teach.

It was pretty but not as sweet as I expected in the bottle. But then....something just went...weirdly wrong on my skin. Something bitter, astringent, and...almost...cleaning product? I tested it three different times, hoping it'd get better, and I kept thinking, "almost...maybe...maybe THIS time..." But I just couldn't convince myself to like it.

Ironically, I ended up liking the Honey & Bordeaux - which I'd thought I might give to my mom! - way better! So I actually kept that one and let her try on this one, and on her it was a light orange-y honey, soft but pretty. So I gave her this bottle instead!

I get thick and rich molasses instead of the honey note I had hoped for.

There's also fresh pulpy orange juice coming through and the tart floral vibe of the orange blossom.

I like the orange, and the orange blossom is also nice, but the molasses is just too heavy, gritty and dark for my taste.

If you like brown sugar or maple syrup, this may work great on you.

This is rather neutral, maybe even masculine to me.

I see this as a late summer or even early fall scent - could imagine that it layers well with spicy or woodsy blends.

This blend reminds me A LOT of Hilf, Ach, Hilf Mir, Kriegsgeselle.  It's a brown thick honey scent with hints of orange peel. I don't get the orange blossom. If you have Hilf, you don't need this. If you missed out on it, then this is a good alternative. Hilf is a night time, sinister and captivating blend, while HSOOB is the daytime counterpart.

Edited by theredkilt

Honey and citrus, unfortunately, almost always reminds me of cough drops and then all I can think while smelling this is that I smell like cough medicine.  The honey is thickly sweet and the orange is fresh and sharp, but to me, I just smell like medicine.

Orange blossom is usually a win for me, but the balance was just off in this, for me. My experience started much like @splendidissima's - sweet but also sharp, almost medicinal. Next stop was syrupy sweet, like a reduction on a dessert, oily syrupy baklava sweet. Husband smelled dried fruit, think: candied orange peel. But like many delicious things, ended toasty burnt and hyper saccharine sweet. Close, but no cigar. 

Exactly what it says, sweet orange juice and rind, drizzled with golden honey with a little bit of a burnt caramel twang.I probably don’t need a full bottle of this sugar overload but I dig it.

In the decant: Mostly sweet orange, sweeter than orange juice to my nose, which is probably the addition of the honey. I get a bit of airiness from the orange blossom, but not much. 

On my skin: 

Wet, the orange blossom disappears, and it's all sweet orange. As it dries, the orange blossom becomes more apparent, but as is true of many orange (not orange blossom) scents, it's all very close to the skin on me. (I do usually amp orange blossom, so this could also be because I'm using a tester amount.) Once settled, it becomes fairly honey-dominant, though it retains the lightness of the orange and airiness of orange blossom.