Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
zankoku_zen

Honey, Black Fig, and Olibanum

On me...this is a light very realistic honey. The olibanum keeps the honey in check and keeps it from going funky on my skin. This is not a sweaty honey, but a light, white honey to my nose.  The black fig adds a nice dry fruity note to the perfume. This will get alot of wear in the summer inside my home. It's snuggly and close to the skin and not overwhelming at all.🥰🥰

Edited by Dark Alice

Normally this is a scent that would be out of my instabuy zone, but got it on recommendations. In the bottle: BIG blast of honey and dried fig. On, wet: Total sweet honey bomb, almost overwhelming, which is odd because I usually don't amp honey. LONG drydown, ultrasweet. Took a very long time to calm down. Finally, the resin note kicked in after about 6+ hours and became more balanced. It's still a very sweet scent with a very long throw and last time.

All three of these notes are ones that typically work on my skin, yet this was such a massive fail for me. I can't escape the impression of rotting flowers and rotting fruit. This fig is past ripe; she's molding, and there are some dead flowers sitting next to her that need to be tossed. I am reminded of gardenia in that way. Maybe the bees that made this honey were sucking on gardenia! (Figuratively speaking for this vegan honey). As it dries down, it becomes a tooth-achingly ripe fig, that may or may not be edible, but I wouldn't risk it.

I really, really hate Honey, Black Fig, & Olibanum personally, but I could totally see someone else finding it beautiful depending on taste. The indolics of it probably are getting to me. I wasn't expecting it to be this floral, and I REALLY wasn't expecting it to be this indolic. Alas, not for me!

Honey flavored sugar, all sweet and cheerful and bright, sprinkled over sweet, ripe, milky fig, with an air full of meditative, calming incense.  All of the notes are sweet, but in a delicate, smooth, non-cloying way, and the milkiness of the fig makes everything feel so creamy and soft.  I didn't expect to love my partial bottle as much as I do.  I love creamy, gourmand notes paired with incense, making me think of sweet offerings and old temples.