Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Absolutely gorgeous. The Lab's honey can be cloying or beautiful on me; this scent is sheer perfection. It reminds me a bit of Bastet, warm and golden, but more sweet instead of spicy. You might think the "marzipan" makes it a heavy pastry scent but somehow it stays light and clean.

I was super excited to try this one.  I’ve been searching for an almond that I actually like to wear and so far have only found ones that smell great in the bottle but underwhelm once I’m wearing them.

In the bottle this is delicious realistic marzipan with something tangy in the background though I wouldn’t be able to identify it as honey.

Ooohh, wet this is sweet golden honey and marzipan.  The honey is super bright which is keeping this from being heavy and chewy like most almond goes on me.  

Dry this is a nice light bright honey with a little bit of almond in the background.  It’s nice, but not sure it’s a keeper for me. 

I'm so into this one, but I also adore honey and almond in perfume, so that isn't really surprising. Wet, the almond has that chewy marzipan quality to it, but it smooths out and blends with the honey as the scent dries. The honey smells bright, crystallized. This reminds me a lot of the way the filling in an almond croissant smells. Unf, it's so good and I'm really not doing it justice. I basically swooned when I first opened the bottle.

Compared to Dana O'Shee, another favorite of mine, I'd say this has more honey and less almond once it gets going, and it doesn't have that soothing milk note. It also has more throw, so is less subtle; it's a sunny, flirty, queen bee kind of scent. 💛 

Honey almond pastry. It’s warm, sweet, simple, and exactly what you want it to be. Reminds me slightly of baklava made with honey instead of syrup, or an almond bear claw. I can see myself wearing it solo but it probably also layers nicely with scents that need a little sweetening.

This was one of the scents I was most looking forward to from the Luper update, but sadly, it did not work on me.

Honey Marzipan is all about the honey note on me. It's the same thick, brown, toffee-like Lush Honey I Washed the Kids type honey that I got from Harlow's Lace and Boop. It declares dominion over all, never allowing the marzipan to shine through.

I'm glad I went the decant route instead of blind bottling this like I originally considered doing.

Weird travel on me.

First, it smells of dry cherry dip powder. Then sweet dry cherry dip powder.

This quickly turned to an sweet almond dryer sheet.

Like I said; weird. 

In the decant: So. Much. Marzipan. 

On my skin:

Wet, it's marzipan, marzipan, and more marzipan. The people I know who actually make their own marzipan tend to like things sweet, so maybe this is a biased view, but while it is sweet marzipan, I don't get the sense that it's honey marzipan initially at all. It is syrupy, sweet, sticky, almond marzipan, and it's probably more than a little overwhelming on me.

Edited by torischroeder9

Was looking forward to this, but also with some trepidation as honey can totally amp on me an be overpowering, but I LOVE marzipan.  So.....onward.  In the bottle:  Almost overpowering wave upon wave of dry, powdery honey--almost like the edible honey dusting body powder that some adult stores sell (not that I would ever know anything about that, honest!  ;)  ) along with a blast of almond extract.  On, wet:  More honeybomb--opens up like the smell of hard honey candies.  Gradually, the almond starts to pipe up and settle down to a bit of marzipan on top of giant rolling waves of honey.  Takes a LONG time to dry down and settle down.  Once it does, it's a manageable dry honey/sweet almond thing with an afterwhiff of marzipan on the "backsniff."  I like it, but I would def consider layering it with something to cut the sweetness, and/or only apply a LITTLE--this is super duper strong on me.  Would also be a great winter scent as opposed to a summer scent where if I sweat it off outside it would probably be waaaay too strong.  Kind of wish that this one had more marzipan in it but it may just need a rest; it IS very tight in the bottle now.

Exactly what it says - rich thick honey and almond marzipan!

I like it, but it's also A Lot: sweet and heavy and chewy. Huge throw, too. It's nice, but a little goes a long way - I think this would be great for colder weather, but it might be overwhelming as we head into a hot summer! I have a bottle, and I'll keep it, and it should last me a very long time. 😄

Edited by splendidissima

Honey Marzipan is exactly as advertised.  Lots of honey, and in the opening lots of marzipan too.  My skin tends to eat up almond notes while honey lasts and lasts on me, so I expected this to quickly devolve into just honey, but the marzipan sticks around although as a secondary note.  Great wear length, and it makes me smile all day long.  

This was the Honey Pot scent this year that I was most looking forward to. However, it didn't end up living up to the hype. :ugh:

When first applied, it was tooons of sugary honey and syrupy cherry, almost medicinal. Made me think of Bleeding Walls initially. Eventually, the cherry mellows out and now it's just honey and almond cream. The honey in here to me resembles honey dust more as it starts to fade. 

It was just okay, no upgrade. The cherry just was soo fucking strong and so was the honey, they completely overshadow what I could detect of the marzipan. I'm going to keep the decant around just to see if some aging will mellow those two notes more.

Eergh, I thought this would be a no brainer, unfortunately it’s too nutty for me.  (Images of Austin Powers are coming to my head) 😆.  Not really getting marzipan, but almonds (duh), but I’ve had blends where the marzipan is sweet and cherry like.  Not for me, but glad to try.

Wet: Good LORD, that is some STRONG. ASS. HONEY. The marzipan definitely comes through, but HONEY.

Dry: Finally, a nicely balanced honey marzipan. The honey is more of that toffee-like honey, and the marzipan is.. well.. marzipan. These blend together seamlessly on my skin, and just smell GOOD.

Definitely hanging on to my decant. Not sure if this one will need a big bottle upgrade, since I'm not craving honey scents too often.