Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
zankoku_zen

Honey Hard Candy

Sugary honey with a touch of the floral. This reminds me a little of lavender-infused honey. It doesn't smell like lavender, but it does smell a bit like how lavender-infused honey tastes.

The sugary quality of this reminds me of O. Honey Hard Candy isn't quite as heavy or sugar-crunchy as O, and it has this bit of a floral quality that I don't get from O. But I would put it in the same honey family.

This doesn't change much during its life on my skin.

A sugary, potent, floral honey. Nothing surprising here. It quickly devolves into a sugary, floral base but I still personally love it (though I am extremely biased towards honey/floral scents).

If you love sweet floral blends, this is a must-try.

This comes across as almost an herbal honey to me rather than candy. It was almost medicinal at first, like a lozenge for sore throats. It's calmed down and settled in now, and I like it better, but I still don't think I'd wear it much by itself. However, I think it might be really great as a layering note with florals and tea blends. I tested it on the same arm I had SN Bluebonnet on and the two were really pretty together. 

Honey Hard Candy reminds me of the honey note in Door, though I can't do a side by side comparison, so take that with a grain of salt. 

Honey herbal cough drop, haha. That's basically what this is. Doesn't read as candy to me at all. It's okay, maybe better for layering instead of wearing on its own.

In the decant, this smells weirdly like berries? Candy, fake berries? 

Wet: Ok, this is like hard candy but flavoured with fake berry. Not, cough syrup, this is the really good kind, but still berry?

Drydown: After about 15 minutes all I can think of is those little strawberry hard candies that come in those wrappers that look like little strawberries? The ones you feel like never exist outside a kind, elderly person & a restaurant check-out counter? I mean, you can find them, but it's a weird liminal place when you do.

It's been about 2 hours & it's still those little strawberry candies, though, if I really think about it, I can pretend it's raspberry.

Stayed that way all the way to fade. Faded out a bit waxy though, not in the beeswax way, but like, when those strawberry candies get real old & you open them & they look like wax? Yeah.

Wear length was actually really good. Too good. Throw was low. 

Final thoughts? It's a unisex candy scent. I was hoping for something much different. I knew there was an unknown "candy" component to this, but to get no honey? I was very sad. Because I love honey & there was no honey. Just sneaky little strawberries. 

Edited by TheLampades