Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
zankoku_zen

Cacao, Lime Rind, and Coconut

This one starts out primarily cacao, but the lime rind and coconut amp up once on. The coconut in this is very much like the coconut note in the Coconut, Smoked Vanilla, and Fig Menage -- more fancy coconut-scented soap than suntan lotion. The notes all play really well together, and the cacao note has a certain creaminess to it that I haven't noticed in the other Pile of Cacao Pods scents I've tried so far. The best way I can describe the end result is like the smell of an expensive bar of cocoa butter soap scented with lime and coconut. Summery, but not in-your-face coconut and citrus. Probably my favorite of the cacao scents I've tried thus far.

For me it's all chocolate and lime at first, zesty and refreshing, and then the coconut shows up after a while. This is a perfect summer scent, but not overwhelmingly sunblock smelling or anything. It makes me want to lay out in the sun or have a party. Surprisingly nice.

The cacao is super strong when first applied, but it softens a lot within a couple of minutes so it's mostly lime and coconut on me. The coconut is really sweet, like the shavings you use in baking. Definitely pretty similar to suntan lotion when it's fading, really nice. Lime stays mostly in the background, I do wish I got a little bit more of it to appear. 

I haven't tried any of the other Box of Cacao Pods this year, but I'm glad I picked this one. It's lovely, however if you were really looking forward tot the cacao this might be a disappointment if your skin chemistry is like mine.

Coconut lime, with a splash of coca dusting, but really its a sweet coconut lime blend. Good throw and wear length.

I love this one. I don't find any of the notes dominates over the others - they blend so very well together. Cacao and coconut are always a great combo in my books, and the lime rind comes in to brighten up the whole thing. This has a very summer vibe, and I see it getting a lot of wear over the next couple months, then for the most part getting retired til next summer. It's the only one of the Cacao scents I got this year, and I'm very glad I did.

Wet on, I get a blast of dry cocoa powder and somewhat of a sour lime.

Slowly the coconut is coming through though - it's coconut meat, not overly sweet, but a bit juicy, oily, yet dry.

The cocoa and coconut blend well into each other soon so it smells like a heavenly coconut chocolate scent.

The lime keeps it elevated and fresh.

To me, this is not a tanning lotion scent at all. It's also not gourmand. It's more like a luxurious body butter - rich, well-blended, and summery.

I only have a decant of this one, but I wouldn't mind having a bottle of this at some time too.

It's a great blend if you like coconut and want a cacao, cocoa or chocolate blend that's not too sweet or too cloying.

Oddly enough, I get very little cacao from this once applied, despite it being a Box of Chocolates scent. It goes on as candied lime on me backed by the coconut, but eventually the coconut overtakes the lime and it becomes a musky coconut scent on me after a while.

I wish I had gotten more cacao from this, like other reviewers had. Alas.