Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
zankoku_zen

Like the Very Gods

Shuddering, sweat-warmed skin gleaming with sheer musk, honeyed olive blossoms, vanilla cedar, white sandalwood, and orris butter.

I get an orange-infused skin musk (I think the orange aspect may be due to the olive blossom or maybe the honey?) and honeyed olive blossom for most of the wear. I agree that the cedar in this is very gentle. The scent smells drier and dustier by the end of the day thanks to the white sandalwood gaining more of a role, but the orris has added some powder to the scent, but it hasn't turned into a powder fest like it normally likes to do with scents on me.

I'm glad I got to try this, but I don't think this is something I'd reach for (maybe if the dry sandalwood hadn't gotten stronger over time). But it makes me want to try more scents that feature olive blossom as a note!

Edited by doomsday_disco

Like the Very Gods truly is one of the scents that made me fall in love with fragrances. It's so gorgeously blended. I get woods, sweet skin, radiant olive blossom, something else tingly, and an overall sense of warmth that leaves a shining golden impression. It just keeps getting dryer (but still sweet) and more complex with age.

Idk if it's just my perception, but this scent really seems to shine on my skin when the ambient temperature is warm. I love to smell it in the bottle during winter, but I always find myself reaching for it in the summer. It seems like it has the most radiance during that time. While it's hard to judge these things on yourself, it seems to have just the right amount of throw. I get compliments from people in my bubble (like, handshake radius) but not further, which is about the distance I'd want.

I honestly can't hype this perfume enough! I really hope it comes back to the Lupercalia GC someday. If it does, I beseech you to try it.

Edited by amokslime
I listed a wrong ingredient.

Anything I say after the previous reviews is going to sound like a caveman wrote it, so I'll be brief: this is just as gorgeous as everybody says it is, Defututa lovers should absolutely seek this out. It also smells remarkably similar to The Olive Branch 🫒 on me. Golden-orange, warm, summery, Mediterranean, gender neutral.