Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
zankoku_zen

It’s All I Have to Bring Today

In the bottle: a sweet, fresh bouquet of flowers.

Wet: That Honey Note! (I picked this up because I adore the Lab’s honey note, and I’ve been on the lookout for something similar to the discontinued “Tiger Lily”.) Wet, this is very much what I expected: that honey note with a strong, difficult to identify floral. Maybe baby’s breath-esque?

Dry: Amber comes out more on the dry down, but I’m not sure it plays well with the floral or my skin. The perfume turns into That Honey Note+some nondescript floral incense soap. When I sniff it, I feel like I’m cleaning out my mouth and nose with soap.

Edited by Arbitrary

This was much heavier than I expected it to be. Nothing breezy, and the wildflowers seem to have gone out. It's what I would call very strong honeyed amber dryer sheets on my skin. The description sounded so pretty, but this is definitely why I go for decants vs. bottles most of the time. 

Fresh, airy spring wildflowers scattered over a light, golden honey. This blend opens in a potent, glorious burst of Spring-whoa. Spring breezes, flowers, honey, all present and accounted for.

The drydown drifts into the realm of powdery, spring-breeze dryer sheets on my skin. Flowery, spring dryer sheets over a light, golden honey.

The amber comes out more after drying.

My first impression was definite bottle (!), but I may second-guess that later because of the powder. It brings white musk powder to mind.

This is beautiful.

I believe it is the same golden honey and wildflowers from Venus Verticordia, accompanied by a breeze note instead of dandelion. The amber breeze isn't as strong as the honeyed wildflowers on me, so while it threatens to go dryer sheet, it never manages to achieve it.

If I didn't already have two bottles of Venus Verticordia, I would be all over this one. I'll deathmatch the two just to be sure, but I think they may be too similar to warrant owning both. But if you wish you could get your hands on Venus Verticordia, grab this one, stat.

ETA: Deathmatched It's All I Have to Bring Today vs. Venus Verticordia today.

It's All I Have to Bring Today starts off with honeyed wildflowers accompanied by a gentle, clean breeze note, while Venus Verticordia starts off with a burst of dandelion. The honey in It's All I Have to Bring Today is sweeter and reminds me of the honey in The White Bees Swarming Hair Gloss, which I feel may have a bit of Snow White's sweet snow note in it. Once dry, they smell very, very similar because the wildflower note is the same and ends up being the dominant note after several hours.

Edited by doomsday_disco

I need to be careful with words like "breeze" and "wind" in scent descriptions. They almost always translate to ozone notes, which are headache triggers for me. I'm bummed that this one did not work for me, because it's got so much going for it with its realistic green spring flowers, and warm, floral honey. That's some of the nicest honey I've ever smelled in a perfume. I hope to encounter this honey in a non-breeze scent.

A green sweet floral with a definite ozone note. It feels almost fuzzy to me, conjuring up how some wildflowers feel.

Into the drydown, the amber comes into play. Non-powdery for me; this is a sunny amber evoking sunshine and warmth.

This ends up being a sweet and almost herbal amber that feels playful and close.

I found this to be very similar to Bien Loin d'Ici: this is that same sticky, lovely honey swirling with flowers instead of red musk. There's a waft of soapiness/detergent (the breeze?) when it's wet, but it disappears after about 10 minutes. Then it's just wonderfully springy and sweet, like a honeybee's dream. Pretty low throw, but it sticks around.

To me, this is in the same amber-floral-honey category as No One is Above the Law and On Imagination, but it's a much more breezy, springlike variation on those scents. It's non-screechy spring florals lightly sweetened with honey and grounded with a light amber note, with very little morphing. I don't specifically pick up an ozone note, but I might just not be distinguishing it from the wildflower notes. That interplay between the amber, honey, and florals reminds me a lot of On Imagination, but where that one's more of a heady summer scent, It's All I Have to Bring Today is lighter and has more of a spring vibe. I might want a full bottle of this.

This perfume smells so, so beautiful a classy, delicately floral. Sweet, light and airy, it also reminds me a Venus Verticordia which I adore. I'm also thinking of alot of other florals, like Wild Honeysuckle, Queen Mabs Lace and Flowering Lines. 
The floral notes all swirling together, become a kind of flower cotton candy, like glittering spun sugar made of wildflower nectar. The honey is bright and light in tone. I would LOVE a flavored water like this made with blossoms and golden honey. Simply delicious. 

Edited by Jenjin

If you apply this lightly, you get the most natural true-blossoms fresh airy scent, it is such a perfect springtime scent. Like actual springtime. When you stick your nose into a patch of flowers still wet with dew.  And it fades over time to a skin-close true honey scent, NOT the same honey note as bpal usually uses. Totally beautiful. 

The reviews for this one had me a little concerned at first while I was waiting for my decant to arrive...but oh my where do I begin. It's a light sweet floral that somehow does feel breezy! I feel so much joy as the wildflowers don't go soapy on me, the honey is just right (not too sweet or floral), and the amber just brings it together, I think. It does wear closer to the skin, but can go farther when I slather it on. It lasts through most of my day, so I'm going to go ahead and grab a bottle while I can.

this smells like a florist's fridge at first -the flowers are photorealistic. i love that. i don't smell any other notes at first, just the wildflowers. later on, after 5-10 minutes i get the honey and a hint of amber. it dries down to primarily honey/amber with a hint of breezy florals. this one's just ok for me- the amber and flowers eventually seem at odds to me. 

Interestingly, this dries down to smell exactly like an orange blossom tea I once had. Not that I am at all sure there's orange blossom in this, mind; the florals are a whirly melange of things I can't identify. The honey is very subtle, as honey sometimes is on me, and the breezy aspect has the freshness of inhaling steam rising from a cup of tea. What an unexpected connection. It's not to my tastes, but it's nicely fresh and the florals are tame.

I get what folks are saying about the dryer-sheets because it does have a bit of that clean cotton, sheets drying in the spring breeze aspect to it, and the honey note is not your typical BPAL honey note, more subtle. But I think it all comes together in such a comforting way: like turning your face towards the sun on a lovely spring day as a breeze blows by. My skin eats this up though, so the throw is very low on me.

TL;dr' golden, lovely, and clean, but very low throw

This is primarily a very springlike floral, airy blossoms with honey. The honey is a very light, gentle honey note, and not as sticky or heady as honey notes can sometimes be.

Like some others in this thread, the "spring breeze" got a little ozone-y on me. It never quite went full dryer sheets, as ozone notes tend to do on my skin, but it did get a little loud and mess up the note balance a bit.

Drydown is mostly honey with a touch of wildflowers.

All I Have to Bring Today is a lovely breath of Spring time vibes. A beautifully balanced dance between the flowers, honey/amber, and fresh breeze. I’m so glad the honey and the breeze are both light, as either dominating would be such an easy feat. Excellent blending! I agree that this is a sibling to Venus Verticordia. The honey turns pretty waxy into the drydown, maybe in conjunction with the amber. I like it. The breeze also relaxes some, blending more and more. Pollen and sunshine on a windy hilltop~
I would totally get a bottle of this. Gotta test the rest of my Luper decant hoard first.... :thud:I’m so glad I got to try it, as it wasn’t in my initial decant order! 

This could belong in the Mad Tea Party collection! It's how I image this scene from Alice in Wonderland smells like.

2906dae22983b0b085d3dea1f935085e.gif

It does smell a little like dryer sheets but softer. This stays close to my skin sadly but it's a beauty. I didn't get a lot of honey, mostly the white florals and amber. Very soft and comforting. Might upgrade this, it's just a very nice floral that isn't too overpowering.

On application, it definitely opens with dryer sheets or a floral air freshener. As it dries, it develops into a more gentle floral sweetened lightly with honey. I was hoping for more thick, oozing honey and less wildflower, but it's still nice.

This will be okay occasionally for spring, but I don't really feel the need to seek out a full bottle.

In the bottle and freshly applied, the honey is most prominent, and there's almost a melon scent, like honeydew.

As it dries down, I find the honey difficult to detect, and it's all wildflowers on a breezy spring day. After an hour or so there is a glowing amber honey effect.

Light, lovely, low throw.

Edited by LavenderCoffee