Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Quies is an oil crafted to help give you space to breathe and rest. It is an oil of peace and solace, of gentle, firm support. There is a Solar renewing aspect to Quies, but it also possesses the regenerative, healing soft-silence of Luna. Use this oil when the world is too much, the noise is too loud, and your nerves are too raw. Quies can be worn or used in rituals of purification, peace, comfort, or emotional support.

This oil contains bay leaf, angelica, palo santo, frankincense, orris butter, mallow, Roman chamomile, pink lotus, hops, and cedar.

Oh guys.  This is so beautiful.  My nose is very stuffy right now, so I will do a full review later, but it’s a gorgeous Palo Santo heavy resin.  It is instantly calming.  

I can’t describe what this smells like because I’m bad with notes, but is is a really beautiful scent. Maybe like a subtly sweet incense scent? I love the intent behind it and am really enjoying putting it on to reflect on the intent and enjoy the scent. I don’t really see it as something I wear as perfume but more to calm and ground myself. The only downside is that the beautiful opening wet stage goes away and leaves something far more faint behind. Getting at least one backup! 

Agree this doesn't have the kind of longevity or throw that I'm used to from BPAL fragrances, but given the intent I don't mind re-applying as needed. It encourages a more ritual-like relationship where I reach for it for a reason and apply on pulse points with mindful intent. This one is excellent for winding down in the evenings and wearing to bed without feeling like I'm intruding on my partner.

In terms of scent, this is a really lovely palo santo-dominant blend backed with resins. It's that slightly minty, slightly anise-y palo santo note with a strong whiff of frankincense behind it. There is something very calming about it, and I've been using it as a sleep scent after especially stressful days.

There is a strong similarity between this and Choirs of Angels from the Ars Inspiratio collection for me.  I'm going to assume it's related to the angelica/frankincense combination and/or the specific frankincense used in both.  There's a definite brightness to both, though Choirs stays a lot more bright and fiery, while Quies picks up a softer, smoother undertone as it dries and the palo santo/mallow/orris butter fill in underneath the brighter notes.  I do occasionally get a very faint whiff of something floral which must be the lotus, but it's definitely not a prominent element on my skin.