Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
zankoku_zen

Green Tea & Lemon Peel

On wet, you get a ton more lemon. But then it dries to a more green tea blend. It's nice and light, and actually reminds me to a Kbeauty product. Maybe that's what you're going for? Medium to low throw, medium wear length.

This one starts out green tea and bright, somewhat antiseptic lemon peel. It's a fairly well-behaved lemon peel, though -- not Lemon Pledge, but not candied, too-sweet lemon peel, either. As it dries down, the lemon peel softens more and the green tea takes center stage. Overall, a simple, clean, bright green tea and citrus blend. It's a bit like Cooling Breeze with a citrus kick, or a simplified version of Shanghai. It could benefit from stronger throw and wear time (applied it in the morning and it was just the faintest whiff of green tea on my skin by mid-afternoon), but otherwise, no blind bottle regrets here.

I love this, I just wish it lasted longer on me!  In the bottle:  Strong, sharp lemon zest.  On, wet:  The mellow bitterness of iced green tea starts to cut the sharpness of the lemon.  Drydown:  Develops very quickly into this gorgeous spa-like, very VERY clean-smelling scent.  If they made dryer sheets or fabric softener that smelled like this I would totally wash my sheets every 72 hours.  This would also make an amazing atmo!

This starts off really strong on the lemon peel, and it doesn't let the green tea show up until much later. It's a nice, refreshing, clean scent, and I enjoy the end result, but I know I wouldn't reach for this over GCs with green tea and lemon like Shanghai or Embalming Fluid, just because the lemon in this is so much more in-your-face at first than the lemon notes in those blends.

I sometimes find the Lab's green tea note too sweet, but this was really balanced! Grassy tea, fresh lemon peel, nothing not to like. As others have noted, it fades REALLY quickly unfortunately.