Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
LePopPathetique

Recommendation for a newbie? :)

Hello there! I'm new to the BPAL magic world of scents after I had a chance to sniff a few from a friend's collection!

I think I'm in love and I cannot stop thinking about it haha.

I'm having such a hard time to chose what to purchase though from such a big catalogue!

So, I should introduce myself. 😊

I'm 28, living in Greece, queer, into coldwave, post punk, darkwave and minimal robotic synthesizer music from the 80s, a Marc Almond fanatic and a Gemini.

I do present myself in a more feminine way, I wear mostly (okay, only..) black. Others find me romantic, sensitive, fragile, dreamy, empathic, spiritual.

The scents I mostly enjoy are floral ones such as jasmine, rose, orchids etc. I do like strong etherial scents like the ones you would be smelling in Dios de Los Muertos,

I'm thinking about hanging gardens, a long walk around the forest in spring, kissing a cute guy under the moonlight on a warm night haha

If this nonsense wall text made sense to you and you have something in mind that would suit me, please drop a line!

Thank you!

Hello fellow Gemini! We like the same music and I, too, am a lover of black 😁

Here are my suggestions from my collection: 

Spellbound (three roses, radiant amber, and sensual red musk). What I wear on my 80s goth days. It's a very rich, dark, musky rose.

La Petite Mort (warm, damp skin flushed with the glow of passion, touched by the luxuriant potency of ylang ylang and myrrh). A bright, warm fruity floral. I wear this when I want something uplifting yet still sexy

Jezebel (honey, roses, orange blossom and sandalwood) is a sweet, sexy floral scent. Similar in vibe to the last one but sweet and not as fruity. Though it's not listed, the honey and sandalwood give the impression of warm, damp skin musk.

Delight (Frangipani, with rose, tuberose, and jasmine)—a blend of nothing but flowers. Reminds me of a flower garden in spring, especially of the pungent wisteria that used to bloom by my old house. Very strong jasmine note, so if you love jasmine it's a great choice. 

The Raven (Violet and neroli mingled with iris, white sandalwood and dark musk). Violet and iris darkened by musk. Another very floral blend.

Old Scratch (a lavender fougere with tonka, amber, rosewood and a whiff of diabolical patchouli.) Main notes are lavender fougere, and patchouli. An ethereal floral.

Maiden (white tea, carnation and Damask Rose.) The smells like freshly cut flowers.

Anubis (holy myrrh, storax, balsam, and embalming herbs.) Hard to describe this one! It's resinous incense and green herbs though.

Cathedral (the scent of incense smoke wafting through an ancient church. A true ecclesiatical blend of pure resins.) incense and wooden church pews.

I hope at least one of them piques your interest!

Edited by coffin.baby
added maiden

Sign in to follow this