Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
zankoku_zen

Row Bullies Row

I keep wanting honey to love me, and she don't. 

In the bottle: Barenjager Honey Liquor, and orange blossom??? 

on: Cloying sweetness. A version of yellow honey like a candy, or a golden liquor. Honey caramel flavoring- close to being natural but slightly plastic. 

(No throw or wear length data- I washed off due to sensory overload.)

For me, this wasn't a winner. Will be holding onto imp to see it it ages well! 

The good butterscotch rum in the bottle, with a faint sweetness about it. Goes on as rum with a dash of almond. Continues as a sort of musty rum-almond extract. The sickly-sweet foodie honey comes in as it dries. Finishes as a gross male cologne.

Sweet rum with a dah of almond and honey. This is sweeter than I expected. Medium throw and wear length.

Ooooh dear. I wanted to like this very much, but the strength of the almond caught me by surprise, never a fan of this note though it has it's benefits. Gets less harsh on drydown though, thank goodness, and there's this beautiful goopy honey-rum there that's absolutely delightful. Definately something somewhat fruity in there - and that phosphorous note adds just enough of a tinge of 'bleh' to me; it's a little too sweet and uhhh i'm gonna call it metallic for lack of a better word here.

If you looooove raisins and maybe also the smell of... whatever that smell that hangs around in bars when it's late in whafts is, this may be up your alley? Wanna have a sip of that rum though...

Edited by Cali

Goes on in a maraschino cherry/almond extract blast that quickly dries down to a boozy butterscotch and heavy, realistic, freshly squeezed from a bear shaped bottle sort of honey.  I don't love the honey and the boozy part goes a little sour on me over time.