Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
zankoku_zen

Boney Was a Warrior

Wet: Stroooong rosemary and oakmoss. For me that's already intimidating because I associate that more with a men's cologne and I'm into scents on the complete opposite of the scent spectrum.

Drydown: The rosemary almost disappears for me and it's beginning to smell sweeter. But only a little; maybe that's the almond coming through. I still smell that oakmoss blasting to the forefront though and while it has a hint of floral, I still associate that with a masculine scent and I'm not really feeling it so far.  I'm coming to think this could be an excellent scent for attending a Ren Faire though!

2 Hours Dry: It definitely has a long wear, I'll give it that. It's kept the spice-like, musky oakmoss scent the entire time and I smell very little of anything else at this point. I *really* wanted to like this one as I feel like I always buy foody and sweet incense scents so I wanted to try something different for a change. I may keep it for a bit to see how it settles, but this might go into my swaps anyhow. Sadface.

Edited by DarkMagelet

When I first opened the box, I had just arrived home from work, so I dabbed a tiny bit from the cap on my hand without checking the notes, and bustled about my evening chores. It smelled gently masculine - wood-based cologne with a slight floral touch. It was the kind of masculine that's probably straight but not afraid to wear pink or a feather boa.

Sat down after ten minutes and dabbed a little more on the same spot, and suddenly it's not even the same scent. It's a lot of dry oakmoss, and less almond that THANKFULLY doesn't (or hasn't yet) turned into that cherry-adjacent gack that I hate. I can't smell the rosemary, and rosemary is usually kinda pungent - there's no herby tang to this at all. Nor can I smell the jasmine - A' Rovin has that immediately identifiable slighly indolic zing, but not here. It's just a slight breath of floral that gentles the oakmoss a bit.

I am gonna come back to this one in 6-8 months and see if the almond calms down, because it's a little too sharp right now.

The almond is the first note I get from this one, but it is quick to burn away, leaving mostly rosemary and oakmoss. Eventually, the oakmoss takes over as it is wont to do on me, and it ends up being an oakmoss-dominant cologne type of scent with some jasmine petals thrown in after a while.

I really wish the almond had decided to stick around longer in this one. It's too oakmoss heavy for me, but I'll see if the boy likes wearing it, as he enjoys both almond and cologne-y BPALs.

From the 5ml barrel sloshes a waft of almond dusted with oakmoss and grazed with rosemary foam, while jasmine wraps her coquettish tail around it all. Jasmine-averse seafarers rejoice, or rather, beware: This be your siren to lure you into the aromatic abyss with her gentle floral song.

The skin tells a tale. The integrity of the almond, the wit of the rosemary, and the virility of the oakmoss join forces with jasmine’s more polished sensibilities to become something that, while not capable of commanding the military, could very well command the room.

Rosemary, jasmine, and oakmoss cologne. It's soft, slightly masculine, and definitely a cologne type of blend. Medium throw and wear length.

Very much enjoyed this, so much that I gave it to husband and asked that I please may snuggle up to this one.

Starts out green and sweet, herbal grassy honey. Must be the almond making it so sweet! Not the amaretto vibe I usually get from almond, but a much more natural sweetener.

Eventually the green turned to brown - warm, mellow, very tranquil. Lingered on a warm spicy herbal note. Loved smelling it all day long, but it felt like I was sniffing the traces of someone I miss amongst the clothes they left behind. Beautiful, but I don't expect it wafting from my own arm. But I really couldn't stop sniffing myself. I'll probably still sneak some wears out of the bottle, now on his side of the room. ;)