Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
zankoku_zen

Strawberries & Honeycomb

Fresh out of the mail, this is a blast of bright, sugary strawberry. It has way more throw than I expected! To me, the strawberry is the same as in the Strawberries/Cotton Candy/Lime trio. Candied rather than tart. The honeycomb must be what's making the strawberry so sugary, but it's definitely a lighter honey than in many scents. I'll be interested to see if it deepens or gets muskier with age. Overall, this is mouthwatering and aggressively cheerful; will definitely wear on days when I need a pick me up.

Edit: If you like Honeyed Apple and wish there were a candied strawberry version, you'd probably like this. Also, even though I've never smelled Velvet Unicorn, this is kind of what I imagine that to smell like. :D Someone else will have to weigh in on that comparison, though.

Edited by feyofthefellwood

OOOOF SCREAMING STRAWBERRY KOOL-AID POWDER in the bottle.

Goes on as the gorgeous fresh strawberry note from “Eat the Strawberries” from American Gods. This is pretty intense wet, but calms down a bit as it dries — like you cut up a bunch of strawberries and sugar for jam and they’ve been cooking for a little bit. Not getting any honey or honeycomb notes. Once it’s completely dry, it turns back into strawberry Kool-Aid. A cheerful, young perfume.

This is not remotely like the perfumy honey of Honeyed Apple on my skin (YMMV, of course).

This is a bowl of bright, juicy, ebullient strawberries, with a bit of honey drizzled around, smoothing things out. 

In drydown, I get more of the honey. It has a chewy quality, which is possibly the "-comb," that is completely drawing me in.

I didn't expect to want a bottle of this one, but the honeycomb is making a sucker of me.

I normally avoid the lab's strawberry because it typically turns in to unpleasant plastic candy (Twizzlers) on me.  My skin chemistry can also turn sweet scents in to weaponized projectile diabetes.

Yesterday, this was in your face strawberries and sugar on me for an hour before the honey started to come out.  The honey stayed until this morning.  It did not go powdery on my skin.

I'd wear this during the summer in a sundress and hat.  

Edited by DigitalCoyote

This is super intense first on! Very, very juicy, sugared strawberries. They read as candied on my skin, likely due to the combination with the honey giving them some extra sweetness. It is a lot more potent than I imagined and quite long lasting. After a few hours, the strawberry does calm down a bit in intensity, but it still lingers on the skin for many hours. This is pretty straightforward and what you see is what you get. If you love the lab's strawberry note as much as I do, and want a honeyed, sugary, juicy, ripe strawberry, this is for you.

It reminds me a bit of the strawberry in Strawberry Dragon HG -- very candied and sugary, reading as super ripe. It's a very bright, cheery, happy strawberry that will be perfect for spring and summer.

Strawberry candy, and a whiff of honey. This is a bright, sugary strawberry. Very straight forward. Very tasty. Good throw and wear length.

Was given a surprise decant of this & gave it a try.

In the vial: Sugared strawberries. It reminds me of my mum eating cut up strawberries she would dip in sugar as a dessert. 

Wet: Candied strawberries. It's very strawberry, but not that artificial sweetener scent, nay nay. Proper strawberries. Nice & sticky with sugar.

Dry: It's coming together really well! The Violet Crumble version I never knew I needed! Having had a lemon honeycomb chocolate bar once, this now has firmly made me want a strawberry one! It smells like I could eat it. The honeycomb note is the perfect sticky golden syrup sugar scent (I can almost hear the cronch) & the strawberries are still juicy sweet & fresh. 

After a few hours, the scent stayed pretty steady & very summery, but slowly morphed into an almost candied glacé scent. Sugary & no longer fresh fruit, but a candied one. The honeycomb has sort of melted into it's more base components of golden syrup & sugar, which is fine. 

Wear & Throw: It ended up being viable as a scent for about 7 hours & the throw was pretty solid for about as long.

On me? It is unisex to perfume, but in the end, it's a candy scent.

Final thoughts: I'm not sure I need a bottle. But I think I really need a Violet Crumble. 

This is really good. Sweet waxy strawberry drizzled with honey. Not getting the type of strawberries freshly picked from the patch, more like macerated and mixed with the honey that includes the comb. Can definitely see the candy resemblance too!

I think I'll need a bottle for sure. :wub2:

Juicy sweet strawberry jam! I really like this, and it's lovely for the getting-warmer weather! Huge throw initially, but after a couple hours it dwindles down to a close-to-the-skin scent. Very nice!

Awesome Husband: ...it's like kids' fruit snacks! You know, the little gummy snack pack kind! The good ones, though, with a lot of fruit flavor. A fancy name brand.

I am searching for a nice strawberry scent, as husband likes it fruity & sweet, and this is getting warmer, but still not for me. 

At first sniff, I thought I had it! Strawberry candy, kinda sharp, like i just opened a pack of Big League Chew (one of his faves ;) ). Or like the big jugs of shampoo on the bottom shelf at Sally Beauty. Or the concession stand at the pool in the summer. Definitely not real strawberry, but still enticing and nostalgic. Not gonna let him smell this one, because he'd probably like it enough to guilt me into wearing it. Too far at his end of the spectrum, and I need a happy medium.

Strawberries and Honeycomb - Summer in a bottle! Fresh, sun-ripened strawberries bursting with ripeness, and a drizzle of lush golden honey. You can never go wrong with a strawberry blend in my opinion. I’ll be needing more of this -- I’ll wear it all spring and summer!

Perfect Hot Summer Day scent.  In the bottle:  A hint of honey, followed by a blast of super fresh strawberries.  On, wet:  Honey note opens up a bit but is not overwhelming; getting a teeny tiny hit of fresh beeswax also.  Honey really stays in its lane and strawberries are still star of the show.  As the strawberry note warms up, becomes more of a fresh strawberry jam or one of those expensive Arcor hard candies with the soft centers that are wrapped in the strawberry wrappers.  Drydown:  Strawberry eventually settles down into a true partnership with the honey note; almost borderline floral powderiness comes out. Medium wear and good throw.  Really refreshing.

Oh my glorb this is amazing. This is a strong, juicy, slightly floral, sweet strawberry. There's a hint of chewy honeycomb, but it's just there adding a syrupiness to it. This is like strawberry syrup made from fresh strawberries. It is really gorgeous and a wonderful scent to enjoy in warm weather, or when you're dreaming about warm weather. The throw is amazing too. Slathering is almost too much. 

Well, this is positively delightful! One hundred percent as advertised, does exactly what it says. In the bottle and fresh on, there's a bit more of a Kool-aid type thing going on, but given a moment to open up on the skin, it's all gorgeous ripe strawberries luxuriously covered in honey. A rich, sweet, red and gold scent.